“Do not take your shoes off”

Candlewood Suites - Oklahoma City
Ranked #77 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reno, NV
“Do not take your shoes off”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I really regret staying here. The carpet in my room was filthy. It looked like someone rebuilt a diesel engine in the room. What was even worse there were about 30 pieces of 6 inch lond stainless wire spread all over the carpet. Keep your shoes on and walk some where else

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Oklahoma City, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Frank_JV,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Manila
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We spent 34 days with several rooms and everyone agrees the accommodations made the entire trip all that much better. Complimentary coffee every morning, an friendly and available staff, large clean room (not to mention the comfortable beds!) made it a great stay. Another selling point for us was the rooms had full kitchen's so we saved a lot on eating out and of course late night snacks. We highly recommend Candlewood!

The location is great too. Restaurants are close by and only a few minutes from the interstate which gets you to the mall, office or Brick Town.

In 34 days we began calling Candlewood our home.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are available. The third floor was alway quite.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael211267
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I got to this property 1st of June, stayed 14 weeks.
The Candlewood I had been staying at in Chicago set me up with this hotel. I was guaranteed a smoking room, but when I arrived was told it was a non smoking room. Once I told the person I was going to be there for 14 weeks I was told no problem, smoking would be OK in the 3rd floor non smoking area. Most of the folks in the area were smoking. I even left $20.00 cash weekly for the cleaning staff just to make sure they took some extra time to clean. It wasn't until I had left that they charged me $250.00 for a cleaning fee. The hotel is clean, updated, and although the front desk isn't manned that much I was very comfortable there. But after giving Housecleaning an extra $280.00 and still getting charged for something I was told up front, I'm not too happy with them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank floatmanjay
Missouri
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was going to mark this as very good, but I thought a bit about it, and really could find no reason not to go ahead and mark it excellent. People who are complaining about lack of service obviously have no idea how Candlewood works, but I found the service just fine, and the front desk people very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TowerguyMissouri
Kansas City
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I spent nine nights here in June 2013. Nice spacious rooms with full kitchens, nice comfortable beds and newely redone bathrooms close to the airport and only minutes from downtown. There is the good part. Bad part is some, not all of the front desk staff. So they only clean the rooms, change beds/towels once per week but you can bring your dirty stuff to the front desk to get new stuff. They don't say when the once a week cleaning/changing will be so I left for the day (3rd day I was there out of 9) and came back in the evening to find the towels changed out and bathroom cleaned but the rest of the place was exactly how I had left it with the addition of a pile of sheets on the desk.

The next morning I asked the front desk woman why there was extra sheets on my desk and no one changed them or cleaned the rest of the room. She said she would look into it. When I came back to the hotel that afternoon she stopped me and asked if I had left anything on the bed. I said yes, a pair of shorts. She said, "Well, if there is anything on the bed we won't change the sheets." She suggested I change them myself, she didn't offer to have them changed that day or later. In fact they never did change out the bedding.

So, if you want to live as if you are at home, taking care of cleaning and changing sheets, this is a perfect place. It is really too bad that the customer service was poor because the hotel is nice and located well. There is also not a full time front desk person so when you need something at the front desk you have to call them and wait for them to come from whatever else they are doing so hopefully you are not in a big hurry.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank twe578
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Oklahoma City, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear twe578,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am happy that you found the beds comfortable. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation specifically on the service you received. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I'm surprised to see all of the decent reviews for this hotel. These people must not have pets. We're a military family moving from CA to VA and we have our dogs with us. This hotel has an obvious "pet hallway" that they stuck us in. The entire hallway smells of urine and the carpets in both the hall and our room are stained. So is the sofa! I hate hotels that claim to be pet friendly yet they stick you in a sub par room. How is that right when we're paying just as much as everyone else? Actually we're paying more because they charge a pet fee. Not sure what for since the room/hallway are not sanitized at all! I will be calling Intercontinental Hotel Group about this! Oh and one more thing, the guy working the desk tonight is not friendly at all!

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Oklahoma City, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear ajw0805,

Ferdinand G
Sunny Flordia
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great upgraded rooms nice and roomy, free laundry, good location and service. Everything was perfect. Very clean and comfortable. The service was excellent. Very reasonable price. Internet was fast and reliable. The best feature is the comfortable reclining chairs perfect for reading, watching tv, or just relaxing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo