“Nice stay”

Ranked #75 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Germantown, Tennessee
“Nice stay”
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Stayed just one night but had a good stay. Close to the airport and restaurants. Rooms were ok and clean. Kitchen had standard stuff. The staff was very helpful and they even have new movies you can borrow for free. The room had a dvd/vcr combo and a good selection of channels. Overall an average hotel but not bad.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank nickel1612

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Texass, Texas, USA
Reviewed December 7, 2010

My husband, toddler and I stayed at Candlewood Suites for Thanksgiving. The place was great! It was all updated, smelled fresh, clean and roomy. We never heard people walking up and down the hall and no noise from rooms on either side of us. They had a good selection of TV channels. The kitchen was clean and stocked. Nice executive desk to spread all your stuff out on. The only things that I didn't like is the bedroom wasn't big enough for a pack n play. So when it was time to go to bed, we had to put him in the living room and we had to go to the bedroom. There is no double access doors to the bathroom from the bedroom and the living room. So we had to open the bedroom door, go through the living room just to use the bathroom. The heater is loud so it woke our son up every time it kicked on. You had to control it from the unit and not from the wall device they had set up. You also had to pay for more coffee if you wanted it. The sleeves they give you makes four cups. Not enough for heavy coffee drinkers like my husband and me. They provided feather pillows instead of regular pillows. And when we asked for regular pillows, they only found one. So we had to sleep with pillows we normally wouldn't sleep with, making the quality of sleep not as good. We'll bring our own coffee and pillows next time. :)

None of this will keep us from going there again to say. The location is great and there is a Chili's right across the street for late night food. :) We will definitely recommend this place to other family members!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank krhamby
Utah
Reviewed March 7, 2009

Everything was fine except the Internet speeds were Horrendous! For a short two day stay I had no problems. The pantry downstairs was an easy way to grab breakfast on the run. Some LOUD guests, but they were a few rooms away, thankfully.
Would prbly come back again, if it wasn't for a useless Internet connection.
Felt like I was on 1990's dial-up.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2008

I've stayed here a lot. A lot. Sometimes upwards of 90 days. I have seen their General Managers come and go, and the one they currently have should definitely go.

Since I am an extended stay guest, I get a lower rate than if I only stayed one or two nights. Since I am a Priority Club Platinum member, I fully expect a room upgrade when I check in. Unfortunately, the staff here doesn't care, not even the GM.

After about 60 days here, I had to extend and told the front desk. Without my knowledge or approval, I was checked out of my room and immediately checked back in. A week later I found out my bill had gone up $30 per night. I questioned the GM over the phone, and she basically said, "Oh well", and I threatened to leave. She then asked me if she should send housekeeping down to clean my room. This is coming from the GM! She didn't care if I left or not. This episode prompted me to call ICH Hotels and complain. Minutes later I went for a face to face with the GM to see if I understood her correctly. She miraculously relented and left my old rate intact.

Bottom Line: I won't be staying here again. The rooms are not cleaned very well, and when they're only done once per week on long term stays, it should be cleaned properly. If you stay on the first floor, moderate to heavy walkers will wake you up. My hot water also was out for 4 days before that was fixed. The staff acted like it was only my room even though I don't have a water heater in the room.

Now the bottom line: I won't be coming back, Janet. Not until you leave or get fired.

• Liked — location to my office
  • Disliked — The General Manager's attitude
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 21, 2005

Candlewood OKC was a below-average experience:
1) Room was less than spotless (stains on the floor, etc.)
2) Hallway had major water stains where there was a backup of some kind; i.e., heavy perfume smell at parking lot exit door....maybe from a plumbing problem.
3) AC in my room on first floor either kept the room extremely cold or it had to be turned off completely because of malfunction...

Price was about same for same-quality hotels like Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn or La Quinta, but I would stay at these three before staying at this particular Candlewood. For 73 dollars a night, I should have stayed at La Quinta (where I have stayed previously in OKC) for the same price and boosted my "Rewards" points!

Stayed September 2005
1 Thank L3368EWroberts
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 16, 2005

Stayed at this all suite Hotel in early March Clean rooms well stocked pantry Exercise room where everything worked and free vcr rentals with helpful front desk personnel made for a very enjoyable 2 night stay. Add in free laundry facilities, little extras such as a bag of popcorn in the microwave plus a great price - don't feel you can go wrong by staying here.

• Stayed March 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
South Carolina
Reviewed March 25, 2005

After a long drive from Memphis, this hotel was just what we needed. The staff was very friendly and the accomodations were nice. Since we were traveling with a dog, we were given a room on the ground floor, right next to the exit, which is perfect when travelling with a pet. The room had everything we needed; including a fully stocked kitchen. After being on the road for several days, washing and drying our clothes for free in the laundry room was a nice bonus. The exercise room is adjacent to the laundry room and the pantry is next door, where you can pick up snacks and drinks and have them billed to the room. The hotel is in a convenient location and there are several restaurants right next to the hotel. This isn't a high class hotel, but much nicer than the previous reviews would lead you to believe. Would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2005