“Adequate”

Ranked #96 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Hartsville, South Carolina
“Adequate”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our room was large with a big desk, two beds, and a chair. The bathroom was clean but it appeared that our hand lotion had been used before. The exterior side door didn't lock. The beds were comfortable, you couldn't hear the airplanes, and the staff were pleasant. It's nothing amazing, but it's right next to the airport and convenient to most of the city.

Room Tip: Bottom floor. They don't have an elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Quality Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear that our location was convenient for your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
Desert Hot Springs, California
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was our first time staying at this hotel, we travel with our small dog, we booked because it is pet friendly. Traveling across country by car on I-40 getting to this hotel is off I-40 a bit, actually right at the airport, we found it to be a little worn looking, carpet worn in front of the bathroom door, a blanket on the bed had a hole, not dirty or grungy just worn and tired. The food at the Follies restaurant was not very good selection was very limited, they were out of many menu items. The best I could say is it didn't make us sick.
Morning check out we discovered there was a $50 non refundable charge added to our credit card, no mention of this charge on SPG.com website or at checkin. After speaking to a manager he agreed to refund the charge "just this once". On the plus side the staff were all very friendly,courteous and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
United States
Reviewed July 9, 2013

All of the negative reviews on the web about this property made me very hesitant about booking this hotel. The only reason why I risked it was was darn SPG points. It's funny thing what loyalty points and status will do to a frequent traveler. Given the inexpensive rate and my one night stay in OKC, I decided to experience it for myself. Unfortunately, majority of the poor reviews were right. Starwood needs to take a serious look at this property and what it is doing to the Starwood and Four Points image.

The hotel is old, warn, tired and dated. Even though it is just a two story property, if you have a lot of luggage, you're taking the stairs. The rooms are your standard Four Points design. Service is lacking and the front desk staff that I encountered were not very knowledgeable about the property, nervous and did not seem to care. I had to switch rooms as soon as I checked in because the TV did not work. This seemed to confuse, or put out the front desk staff.

The restaurant is dark, dated and felt dirty. I booked the breakfast package, but I should have just went through a drive through.

The property is in desperate need of a serious overhaul. If not, Starwood should let it go to a Motel 6 brand. This property was not worth the savings or the points.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CNolnah
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Quality Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We are looking into ways we can improve the hotel and our customer service so we appreciate your feedback – especially as a loyal SPG member. Again, thank you for the feedback.
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

When my car service pulled up to the hotel on a Friday evening, it looked like the place was closed. It was incredibly dark inside and there was no one at the front desk. Upon walking in someone did appear from the back and helped me check in. I was given my room number and was told to use the stairs to get to my room. Not a big deal for me, but for someone with a lot of luggage it would have been painful. What kind of hotel doesn't have an elevator?

Once in the room, everything checked out well enough. About 9 PM I headed down to the hotel "restaurant/bar" to have a late dinner. There were only 2 other people there and I can understand why. The place was incredibly dark and not at all inviting. I placed an order for a dinner salad and chips/salsa which cost $20. Not unsurprising prices given that it was a hotel, but the salad looked like it was assembled from a "bagged salad" and the chips/salsa were nothing special (certainly not fresh as they indicated). The worst part of my meal? During the hour I was there, I saw three ants crawl across the bar in front of me. Enough said.

The property overall is just run down and depressing. Missing ceiling tiles, dirty carpet, non functioning conveniences. Across from my room was a "laundry center" where the washer was facing in (unusable) and in the same area was an out-of-service ice maker. There was also lots of dirt on the ground.

I'm not that picky about hotels, but this place was terrible. If I had walked in without knowing it was a Sheraton, I would have guessed stays would be $40/night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David M
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Quality Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for the review. We regret to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations. We are looking for ways to improve the hotel and we appreciate your honest feedback. Thanks again!
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Three hundred and fourteen steps from only entrance to room. All other entrances marked not working. Including stairs NO ELEVATOR. Requested double beds got one king. No pullout or couch. Staff not helpful. Called house keeping for extra blanket and pillow took twenty minutes and told that they were out of blankets. Vending machine marked "drinks not cold" use other machine. No other machine found during march to our room.

• Stayed June 2013
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Quality Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We really appreciate you bringing these items to our attention so we can address them immediately including the timeliness to respond to your request for extra pillows and blankets and the issue with the vending machine. Again, thank you for your comments.
Kingston, Tennessee
Reviewed May 13, 2013

After a long day of travel I arrived at the Oklahoma City airport early evening. When I called for the advertised shuttle I was told it would be 25-30 minutes wait. On arrival at the hotel, there was no clerk visible. A young man soon appeared. I gave him my name and handed him a credit card. He gave me keys and said "Turn right at the ATM machine." There was never a greeting or any other verbal exchange. I walked to the opposite side of the hotel. My key did not work. I returned to the desk with suitcase and brief case. No clerk visible. He arrived shortly and looked expectantly at me. "My key doesn't work." He asked for my room number and without further ado he handed me new keys. I really thought there should be something else said. Upon arrival at my room ( the new keys worked) The primary light in the room on the dest did not work. There was no relationship between the printed TV channels and the actual TV stations. There was no klenex in the box in the bathroom. None of these things are major. I asked for a taxi the next morning and was given 2 cards for private car service that I could call. There was no greeting or interaction at any time while staying there. The room was clean. There was nothing overtly wrong. But I expected some hospitality rather than just functional service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Quality Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for leaving us feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive a higher level of service during your stay. We work very hard to ensure our talent members provide excellent quality customer service. We will address the issues you mentioned immediately. Thanks again for the review!
San Rafael, California
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Okay, so it is not where I would want to stay if I had a choice. But since the Rental car companies close down at midnight and I had to be in Lawton which is 90 miles away. So we spent the night at the Four Points. I would only stay here again if the situation arose, although I can tell you next time I am planning my air travel to land a heck of a lot earlier so I don't have to.

To get to the second floor you have to walk down a long hallway to the very end and climb a flight of stairs that is scary at best, then walk halfway down another hallway to get you to the room. Once in the room it was clean and comfortable. Next time I will request a first floor accommodation, my knees cannot take those stairs and especially in the middle of the night after sitting on an airplane for hours.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor if you have trouble climbing stairs with your luggage. No one is there to help...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Quality Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We appreciate the time you took to write a review. Our property currently does not have an elevator but for future stays any one of our friendly associates would be happy to take your luggage up to your room for you. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and we would like another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service we pride ourselves on here at Four Points Oklahoma City Airport. Hope to see you again, take care!