“Wonderful stay after a long drive!”

Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue
Ranked #66 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
“Wonderful stay after a long drive!”
Reviewed July 12, 2009

We stopped here for the night on our way home from Houston. It was 105 that day. It was very nice to have a nice, cool, comfortable room for the night. It is conveniently located to shopping and attractions in OKC. It had a wonderful continental breakfast. Wish it would have had a pool. Very nice staff!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank cnzsmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dallas,TX
Reviewed October 16, 2007

I did a lot of research before booking a hotel in Okla City for my husband and I. The Holiday Inn Express - Meridian had the best overall reviews in the price category that we were looking for. I have to say that I was not dissapointed. This hotel was great. The rooms were clean and larger than expected. Our room was on the second floor and had a king bed that was very comfortable. We were given 6 pillows, which was generous and they were good quality. As with many hotels, the water pressure was not good, but the bathroom was large and clean. We had to ask for hand soap and body wash, but they were brought within minutes of our call.
Our TV had the basic cable channels, but HBO did not seem to be working. We had a good iron and ironing board, which was a plus for us and the room also had a long closet rod with plenty of space. We had complete control over the temperature in our room, which was nice. The only problem we had was that there was some construction just outside our window on the first day, so there was too much noise in the morning.

We loved the continental breakfast! It was simple, but great. They offered 3 kinds of cereal, bagels, rolls, honey buns, fruit, oatmeal and best of all cinnamon rolls that were baked fresh. They had hot coffee and a good assortment of hot teas and hot cocoa and juices too. It was better than we expected.

The staff was friendly and especially polite, although a bit young. I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is in a bit of a sparce neighborhood, but it was less than 10 minutes from lots of restaurants etc.

• Liked — Well decorated and clean.
  • Disliked — Location and construction
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TheStumps
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 23, 2007

i have stayed at this hotel for the third time now. each time is the same as the last - very good and no problems! AND i love the showers. comfy beds, quiet hotel. can't complain about the free continental breakfast - and hot cinnamon rolls.

Shaye is the front desk girl - very polite and respectful. and if she'll joke around with you too, if you let her.

shepler's western store is right next door. cracker barrel and a few other restaurants are right there too - a mile down the road.

the construction they are having on the main stretch is almost done.
was told it would be done by fall on Meridian. all in all, nice place. would recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank sunsetlegend
Tampa
Reviewed June 7, 2007

I checked a couple of other places in Oklahoma City before finding this one. I wanted something that would be fairly nice, secure, and affordable because I had all my possessions in my car.
The front desk person gave great customer service by giving me a discount and a suite for no extra charge!!! The place is comfortable, the showers hot and the bed is VERY comfortable.

• Liked — Customer service
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank TriJen75
Texas
Reviewed September 18, 2006

I recently made a trip to Oklahoma City to find an apartment for my son. We decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express based on reviews and location. When we first arrived I was a little skeptical about the location and the appearance of the hotel. There is not much landscaping around the hotel, because of all of the parking lots around the area. It seemed a little cold. Once I went inside, I was pleased to find a warm and inviting lobby. The people at the front desk were very friendly. We had rooms on the 1st floor, and as others have stated in reviews, they were very roomy. The bedding looked new and updated. It was a big improvement from the clumsy bedspreads that you usually find in hotels. Another nice touch was the "Bath and Body Works" products in the bathroom. The carpet looked fairly new. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 14, 2005

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days and have nothing but praise for the hote front desk personnel. I forgot to bring the network card for my laptop and the hotel lent me one free of charge.
Smiles were free of charge and they all know how to make everybody feel at home. Special mention goes to Niki who was really nice and friendly. She made recommendations on where to go and what to see around the city.
I would definitely stay here again and am already plannin g to come back for a vacation.
Thanks to all of you.

Hi Niki!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 23, 2005

We had to attend a reunion so we pick Holiday Inn Express Airport to stay at because it was close to so many things and great restaurants.

Myriad Botanical Garden & Conservatory & Bricktowns Narrated Canal Cruises was both awesome!

The staff is the perfect example of Oklahoma hospitality.

We had a great complimentary breakfast too!

Loved the large room with high ceilings and the room was spotless and comfortable. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2005