“Bad area , Bad customer service , Airport shuttle $12 , airport 3 miles!”

Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue
Ranked #68 of 159 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Not sure who put these great reviews of this hotel on here but the are NOT accurate. I often stay at HI Expresses but this one was not like any other. I called earlier to confirm they had a airport shuttle. They said yes we do. Fact is they don't have a shuttle but tell you they do. When I arrived after a 1300 mile drive I was greeted by a lady on the 2nd shift that was nothing short of totally rude. Her name tag said Shania or some sort of name that began with S. it wasn't the girl with the tattoo on her neck. I asked to set up the shuttle , she said its $12. When I mentioned I called and asked about a shuttle & nothing was ever mentioned about a fee , she replied well there is , and who did you talk to? I told her I have never stayed at a hotel that had a airport shuttle that charged to take you 3 miles to the airport. She said well we do. I mentioned i booked with this hotel because of my airport needs & i was disappointed that i was mislead. It gets even better. It's back behind some boot store & next to motel 6. Walking to get food I was approached by a man asking if I wanted to buy drugs. I just turned around & went back to my room since I was obviously in a bad area. Next when I was back to my I called the front desk to confirm my shuttle & time. They said ok your set. I called later for a wake up call & again confirmed my shuttle since I had an early flight , & again they said your all set. I woke up early the next day because I had a feeling from the way I was greeted that something would be wrong. Went down to the lobby a half hr early from my due pick up time. I asked the new lady Kelly if my shuttle would be here at 6:30. She replied , none has been set up for you. She called a shuttle service a thankfully she got me a shuttle. She was very nice & helpful. I have a feeling she fixes a lot of mess ups from 2nd shift. As for the hotel itself carpets are dirty , paint pealing in my room , dirty diapers on the hallway floor on the first floor by the office. Kelly the morning person was the only kind person at this place. The rest just seem like your a burden to them. Also being a priority member I was offered nothing. When I mentioned " do I get a snack & water "? She said " you just get one water"! Totally rude lady. I will never stay at this hotel again. & do your self a favor. Stay at any other airport hotel , there are tons of them with free shuttles. Paying top dollar for a room , then having them lie about their services isn't right. This hotel with paying a shuttle cost almost $150. For a holiday inn express in a bad neighborhood! Go get a hilton for that. Never again. Pass this one up.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sean B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear SeanB986,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and surpass the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I am sorry to hear your issues with our shuttle and the service your received from some of our staff. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and deeply regret that this has negatively affected your overall experience.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. As such, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future improvements where possible. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The Staff Members At This Location Were Extremely Helpful In Guiding Me For Finding Great Restaurants And Places To Go See In Downtown Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. This Holiday Inn Express Is Very Conveniently Located, My Room Was Very Spacious And Clean, And The TV Had A Very Good Selection Of Channels. Other Than The Room Rate Being A Bit Pricey, Everything Else Was Fine. I Did Not Have The Free Breakfast Since I Was Busy And Focused On Other Things. I Would Come Back Here Again If I Could Get A Better Price Rate.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here last week (Sept) on business, it is a very good hotel but the chaos they call breakfast is a farce. Buffet is free from Monday to Friday and that's OK for free but on the weekend you have to pay..... Saturday morning i waited 25 mins for a clean table and then another 20 before i had leave for the airport without eating!!!! If you are going to provide a breakfast for a 70+ room hotel then 10 tables in reception is not adequate.
Get this sorted and it will be a great hotel.
Lots of eating places within walking distance also.........

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel only after all other choices in the area were sold out. After experiencing it's amenities, this place should have been our first choice! The only thing that wasn't excellent was the breakfast buffet and it was free so we really can't complain about it. The room was clean, comfortable and just as quiet as any other hotel.

Room Tip: I think any room would be quite comfortable and quiet for you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel was very nice and clean! The rooms were spacious. I stayed here for a weekend during the Frankie Beverly and Maze concert. The only issue we had was with breakfast. They told us due to low occupancy there was no buffet and that we could choose one item on the menu. Besides that everything else was good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Was staying in the city as we had plans to visit frontier and white water bay we had reservations at another hotel but instead came here and glad we did the front desk lady was nice helped us out and even honored the online rate :) room was clean, friendly people andbit was quiet and check out was easy

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was blown away by the service, cleanliness, and rate of this hotel. My Mom and I stayed there for three nights and we felt very comfortable there. My Nana was at the hospital and we had to find a place close so that we could get there quickly if needed. I called this hotel after midnight and thankfully they had one king size bed left. The awesome desk associate gave us a discounted rate because we were there for a hospital stay. I didn't know how long we would need the room because we didn't know how long my precious Nana was going to be on this earth. They were very sweet and supportive and Angie at the front desk was very accommodating. They gave my Mom a toothbrush and some free things so that she could feel comfortable while we were there.

This was a very difficult time for us, but the hotel stay made things bearable. The free breakfast was very nice and the coffee was fantastic. They had real flavored creamer which was a big plus for us. The hallways and rooms smelled so fresh and the shampoos and toiletries smelled amazing as well. If you love a cold room during the summer, you can't go wrong with this place. The a/c unit will stay on all night if you want it to. It is quiet and the beds are comfy. :)

I have stayed at a couple of Holiday Inn Express hotels, and my stay has always been wonderful. So thankful that they had one more room left because we were desperate for a nice place to stay. May God bless the awesome hard workers at that hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo