Not sure who put these great reviews of this hotel on here but the are NOT accurate. I often stay at HI Expresses but this one was not like any other. I called earlier to confirm they had a airport shuttle. They said yes we do. Fact is they don't have a shuttle but tell you they do. When I arrived after a 1300 mile drive I was greeted by a lady on the 2nd shift that was nothing short of totally rude. Her name tag said Shania or some sort of name that began with S. it wasn't the girl with the tattoo on her neck. I asked to set up the shuttle , she said its $12. When I mentioned I called and asked about a shuttle & nothing was ever mentioned about a fee , she replied well there is , and who did you talk to? I told her I have never stayed at a hotel that had a airport shuttle that charged to take you 3 miles to the airport. She said well we do. I mentioned i booked with this hotel because of my airport needs & i was disappointed that i was mislead. It gets even better. It's back behind some boot store & next to motel 6. Walking to get food I was approached by a man asking if I wanted to buy drugs. I just turned around & went back to my room since I was obviously in a bad area. Next when I was back to my I called the front desk to confirm my shuttle & time. They said ok your set. I called later for a wake up call & again confirmed my shuttle since I had an early flight , & again they said your all set. I woke up early the next day because I had a feeling from the way I was greeted that something would be wrong. Went down to the lobby a half hr early from my due pick up time. I asked the new lady Kelly if my shuttle would be here at 6:30. She replied , none has been set up for you. She called a shuttle service a thankfully she got me a shuttle. She was very nice & helpful. I have a feeling she fixes a lot of mess ups from 2nd shift. As for the hotel itself carpets are dirty , paint pealing in my room , dirty diapers on the hallway floor on the first floor by the office. Kelly the morning person was the only kind person at this place. The rest just seem like your a burden to them. Also being a priority member I was offered nothing. When I mentioned " do I get a snack & water "? She said " you just get one water"! Totally rude lady. I will never stay at this hotel again. & do your self a favor. Stay at any other airport hotel , there are tons of them with free shuttles. Paying top dollar for a room , then having them lie about their services isn't right. This hotel with paying a shuttle cost almost $150. For a holiday inn express in a bad neighborhood! Go get a hilton for that. Never again. Pass this one up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport Meridian Ave. We are a beautiful hotel in the heart of Oklahoma City's traditional hotel and entertainment district. The Holiday Inn Express hotel is well located in a convenient area 3 blocks from I-40, and 1 1/2 miles from the State Fairgrounds and 3 miles from Will Rogers World Airport, 5 miles from the Downtown/Bricktown area and 1 mile from shopping. Our hotel is newly remodeled hotel features rooms with complimentary fiber optic wireless high-speed Internet, 32 Inch flat panel LG TV with a large channel selection, king rooms with sofa beds, large deluxe suites with microwaves and refrigerators, complimentary 24-hour business center with printing and copying capability. Don't forget to enjoy free deluxe HOT breakfast with signature cinnamon rolls that will start your day off right. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue Hotel Oklahoma City
- Holiday Inn Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City Holiday Inn