“Great room!”

Ranked #30 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Belvidere, Illinois
“Great room!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights and were quite pleased with the cleanliness and quality of the room. As another reviewer stated, the building is weird, but rooms are great. We weathered a major thunderstorm which caused a problem with our A/C. Maintenance worked during the storm to get it fixed. We left a day early (no refund because I booked on Priceline, my fault) because another big storm was predicted! all in all, a good experience! Definitely would stay again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue H
LaDonna W, TA Manager at Wyndham Garden Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I want to thank you for selecting our hotel for your visit to Oklahoma City. I appreciate your great comments regarding your most recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you back as our guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Enid, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Front desk was not welcoming upon arrival. They acted put out because they had to help me. Upon arriving in our room it was very clean and neat, but it only came with 1 towel. The following day at 3:30pm we had come back from the zoo only to find that our room did not have any towels at all. We called front desk and told them of the situation of not having towels and the person on the phone said in an annoyed voice, "well....ok." I asked if someone was going to bring us some towels and the lady at the front desk said, "I guess." We waited 10 minutes before heading down to the front to get some towels. On the way to the front desk we stopped by cleaning carts and asked if they had any clean towels. The 3 cleaning ladies I asked said they had no clean towels. When arriving at the front desk they said there were no clean towel, they were ALL in the wash. If you want towels for your room and good customer service, then DON'T STAY HERE. Very frustrated with the service we've received.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bozeman, MT
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I pricelined this hotel, so I got it for a fairly deep discount. When I tried to check in at 230 they told me they didn't have any clean rooms, which I find unlikely, but ok. When I came back to check in I was unimpressed with the service at the front desk. There were 4 people there, and two of them were doing nothing, and one was visiting with the guy in front of me. The girl who checked me in was unfriendly.

The building is weird. I'll admit I don't really know what target market the Wyndham Garden is trying to attract, but it appears to be business and conferences. The building is laid out in two wings, with a large atrium in between. It is obviously very old. The hallways are very narrow, and in some disrepair. The numbering scheme is very convoluted, and it took some searching to find my room.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got to my room. It was stylishly designed and well appointed. IT was more than I expected after seeing the building. My only qualm was that there was no bathtub...shower only. But the shower is pretty cool.

If you're on business, or otherwise traveling alone, it is very near the airport, and has a free shuttle. There are several good restaurants within walking distance where you can eat at the bar and not feel awkward about being alone. I tried Pearl's FIsh house, which I would definitely recommend.

Overall, the building is run down, but the rooms have obviously been renovated and updated fairly recently, so it's not that bad. Its kind of a strange place, but I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel is only 2 stories, so half the rooms are ground floor rooms. I find those to be less desi...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Miami
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I've been staying at this hotel, over the course of several years, whenever business takes me to Oklahoma City. All I can say, is that this is definitely a place I look forward to staying at. It's a hidden gem as far as I'm concerned, because not too many people seem to know about this place. They have great service, very nice and modern room accommodations, and lots of ammenities (Breakfast, Starbucks, Rental Cars, Courtesy bus, Gym, etc). The staff at all levels is wonderful - from the courtesy bus driver to the business/corporate office personnel. They are very easy to work with, should any need arise. I have never really had any major complaints. Overall, they seem to have always satisfied any request I may have had. They are very customer oriented and seem to appreciate feedback.

This hotel is perfectly located for me, near the airport; it has an indoor pool and gym and is within walking distance of many of the restaurants on Meridian. I definitely recommend this hotel and rate it highly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Centreville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 9 days on business and was very impressed with the hotel, it's staff, and the great food and customer service! My rental car was not delivered to the hotel by 7 p.m. the date of my arrival as promised, however the sales manager at the hotel who was off-duty picked me up in her personal vehicle and drove me to pick up some forgotten essentials and brought me back to the hotel. I was able to catch a shuttle to school the next day, and my rental car was available at the hotel as promised that afternoon. I am still amazed at how nice it was of her to have gone out of her way like that to make sure I was taken care of! I had another nice surprise on Friday when she delivered freshly baked cookies to my room! Now THAT is customer service! The awesome staff was not just limited to the sales manager, but everyone I came in contact with was pleasant! Room was clean, comfortable, and well equipped. Bed was very comfortable! Very convenient to have a brand new commercial washer and dryer onsite. Loved that there were several great restaurants within walking distance, but the food at the hotel was excellent as well. Convenient location made it easy to get around to work, shopping and other local attractions.

Room Tip: Loved the quiet location of my room which was down a long hallway past the elevators to the left of...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Jacksonville Florida
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Greeted by everyone including the cleaning staff. I thought I was on another planet. Never had that treatment before. I had a great time even though they house just about everyone that comes into town. There was some kind of Cow Girl Pageant. I thought it was cool. Rooms were very nice and spacious. I had an issue with the electical outlets in the room tha was taken care of with in minutes of placing the call.I am definately coming back to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 2, 2012

WOW! What a friendly staff, from the front desk and restaurant staff, to the custodians and security guard. Hotels worldwide could learn a lesson from this hotel.

The rooms and amenities were FANTASTIC as well. When I am in OK City, I plan to ALWAYS stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room either up front, or all the way in back. The parking lot goes all the way around, so, y...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends