Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - Northwest
Ranked #98 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I ended up in this hotel after booking on Priceline.

On arrival, we were given the keys & went to our room. When we opened the door the smell of smoke was overwhelming. We returned to Reception & requested a non-smoking room, and i was told the room I had was non-smoking. Advised receptionist that someone had most definitely been smoking in there, and again requested another room. The problem with Priceline is that there is no guarantee that you will get a non-smoking room.

Finally we were given the keys to a new room. It smelt awful, but at least not smoke. The carpet was wet by the air conditioner. Decor very dated, not the cleanest place I've been in.

Hallway carpets were filthy too.

It was only a one night stay, so my friend and I decided that we would just get out of there for the evening.

Only plus side is that it is close (10 min drive) to the Penn Square Mall, with a cinema & Cheesecake Factory.

I was not expecting a Sheraton - but I was expecting clean. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank becky1973
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Oklahoma City - Northwest. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I've personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I booked a two night stay back in May for June 1-3. One May 31st, I received an email reminding me of my reservation. When I arrived on the 1st, the woman at the front desk informed me that they were full and I was transferred to another hotel. I wasn't even transferred to another Extended Stay in the city...I was transferred to some cheap motel nearly two miles that I had to walk to (as I had been dropped off and didn't have a car). They had overbooked the hotel and no one bothered to tell me before I arrived. So who even knows what the room was like...because they were absolutely fine with taking a reservation that they had no intention of honoring. Nope, I was sent to a filthy motel elsewhere. They "promised" me that I'd be comped the first night and I have yet to receive anything for it. I contacted them through the website complaining and told them I wanted someone to contact me back over the poor service and the lack of compensation I was promised and I still have not heard anything back. Even if this was a 5 star hotel, the poor customer service has made me decide to not stay there again. They might have had a shot at my future business if they bothered to acknowledge my complaint at all.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Oklahoma City - Northwest. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

What a shock when I got into bed, which appeared to be freshly made, and found a pair of black biking shorts under the sheets. I could understand if I were at home and a fabric softener sheet was stuck to the sheet, and was missed, but lets get real. White sheets and black biking shorts? How does someone miss that, and who's were they - left overs from a trist? oooh Normally I'm very pleased with my stays here but there was no coffee maker in the room, only 2 wire hangers, no kleenex, shampoo, or dish soap. The shower had more water coming out of the spicket (that's the technical name for it) than the shower head. There was no drain plug so if you wanted to take a bath you couldn't, and there was so much hair in the drain you were on your way to making a wig. I asked for the items such as a coffee maker, hangers, etc., and was very patient with the staff asking that the items be placed in my room. After 2 days of asking guess what - none delivered and no answer as to why - except that their supply of kleenex hadn't been delivered yet. Such a shame. I've stayed here many times but this place has really gone down hill. All of this and they still managed to be sold out through the month of June and it was only June 3rd. The good thing is that there is an Applebees next door.

Room Tip: Ask for the Deluxe rooms. Much roomier and worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Oklahoma City - Northwest. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Reviewed June 13, 2010

All of my prior stays with Extended Stay have been excellent, until now. For some reason, probably overbooking, instead of the Extended Stay Deluxe, we were put into regular Extended Stay. It had none of the amenities or features of the Extended Stay Deluxe. They were repairing the roof from a recent storm, with which I have no problem. The fact that the floors were weak and had huge holes under the carpet did bother me. There were no coffee cups (we had to go buy some) and no Continental Breakfast. The place was not very clean, had no services. This was not the hotel I booked, but another at a different location. If you don't have rooms at the hotel I am booking, just say so, don't put me in a dump like this.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2009

The room was old and nasty looking. The bed was uncomfortable. The maids started making their rounds at 7:30am and were very noisy. No blowdryer in the bathroom. Overall, I would not pay more than $30 to stay in this room.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clarkb33
Reviewed October 11, 2008

My wife and i travel extensively in our work. We average 10 months a year in hotels. Wherever possible, we always choose Extended Stay, Studio Deluxe or Homestead Suites. These hotels are just what we need as our stays are always at least a week and more likely, a month or more. we also travel with our pets and these properties are pet friendly. In 14 years on the road, there has only been one instance where we were unhappy with the hotel. That hotel is located in Spring Texas. I am sure after the complaint I lodged, that steps wil be taken to correct this hotel.
I would like to say that staff and facilities at these hotels are always the best they can be. Amenities include kitchens and all the things one needs to be very comfortable. To my mind the prices are reasonable for the services provided.
In closing let me assure you, we will continue to stay at Extended Stay properties.
David Everett

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed August 31, 2008

my son's Nintendo DS was lost from room, housekeeping was the only one in room, be very carefull.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)