“AC Issues” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Little Elm, Texas
“AC Issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel is in a great location with easy access to a number of the areas attractions. The front desk service at check in was top notch. Very friendly and professional, these ladies are a credit to hotel. The room was wonderful. Large, clean, equipped with a fridge, sink, large TV, etc. As I have learned from past experiences, the chain maximizes room space by limiting the size of the bathroom. There is literally just enough room for the door to open without hitting the toilet or shower and the top of the door gently scrapes the light fixture. If you are going to sacrifice that is the place to do it. The beds were comfortable and our room was very quiet especially considering the proximity to the airport. The only thing keeping this from a full 5 was that our AC was having issues cooling the room. Fortunately this was not a typical July evening or else it might have been a problem. As it was, the room was OK at night but warmed up during the day. The pool area was nice and seems to be shaded for much of the day (both when we arrived and again the next morning). Overall a great stay and I definitely recommend this Hyatt Place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Erin A, Manager at Hyatt Place OKC Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our pool area and you appreciated our friendly Front Desk staff. I apologize about the issue you experienced with the air conditioner in your room. I understand that not having a properly running air conditioner in the middle of July would be very inconvenient during your stay. I have spoken with the engineering team in the hotel and we are working to ensure the air conditioners are tested more often. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry for the inconvenience during your stay and I hope you will consider to continue to stay with us in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was satisfied with my stay at this hotel. The location in quiet and well positioned to make travel easy to and from the airport. Restaurants are conveniently located and easy to travel to when visiting the Oklahoma City area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Erin A, Manager at Hyatt Place OKC Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for staying at our newly renovated hotel and for the review you provided! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and were able to visit some local restaurants during your stay with us. We are always striving to be the preferred brand among our guests and we certainly appreciate your business. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Quite a friendly staff greeted me on arrival after a trip from the airport in their shuttle with a pleasant young OSU graduate who discussed wines with me. The rooms (a small suite) were very pleasant and modern, and the large swivel tv was a plus. It had a good selection of movies reasonably priced. What I liked most (besides the bed) was the good order in menu which gave me some healthy choices (after a week of not so healthy eating). I enjoyed my brief stay. Only nit to pick was the shuttle back to the airport - first shuttle was at 5 am and my flight left at 6 am. I barely made it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Erin A, Manager at Hyatt Place OKC Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your thorough review of our hotel. We appreciate that you noticed some of our signature items such as our 24 hour Gallery Menu and our pleasant, modern guest rooms. Please accept our apologies that you experienced an issue with taking an earlier shuttle. I have spoken with our Gallery Hosts to ensure that they offer our guests alternatives in the future. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. The room was very clean, and spacious. The bathroom was also very clean. The pool area was clean and the employees were all great! Everyone was very helpful. Breakfast Saturday and Sunday was great! Sausage was good and they had pancakes one day and French Toast the other. Monday it was more of a continental breakfast. The only thing I didn't like was the elevator often took forever but that was a quick fix by using the stairs! Great hotel and would definatley stay again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Erin A, Manager at Hyatt Place OKC Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Hyatt Place! Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience. I agree that our rooms truly are spacious and we have very helpful employees. I am disappointed to learn that you experienced an issue withthe elevator taking too long. I can assure you that this will be addressed by our Engineering Department. We hope to see you again in your travels to Oklahoma City!
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Kids are out of school in Nebraska and decided to take a road trip to San Antonio. Oklahoma was our stop this weekend. My teens are 13-15 first words when we got in our room 518. "Wow mom this is fancy!..." That's how momma rolls I said. The pull out bed was a plus to keep them separated. Boy and girl. We were tired our first night and ordered from their new night gallery food. Not bad and inexpensive. Disappointed to hear that corporate hasn't given them supplies for the bruschetta and no Mojitos! But nice to order a quick meal and for low price. You order from room and then go down to lobby kitchen area to pick up. $8 for salad. Chicken Caesar was good just need 2 dressing packets. Chips and salsa with cheese dip and I had tomato bisque soup, nice flavor. Oh and I had a glass of Chardonnay for $7.50. We didn't get to use outdoor pool but lots of baseball kids were using it and they seemed to have fun. They served breakfast in their lobby kitchen area. The staff kept up with the pace of lots of families there this weekend. Eggs were fresh. I liked their scrambled egg whites with a little onion and peppers. Kids liked their French toast. Nice, money saving for your stay. Good option. The lobby was nice and cozy to hang out. The rooms were comfortable, pillows good. GREAT water pressure and hot water! Yes!! Our room had a desk. 2 doubles. A sofa area. A mini fridge and bar with sink. Our room looked out back parking lot and nice view of trees past parking lot. Other than this we enjoyed and will stay again. Thanks to the nice staff and front desk.

Stayed May 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at Hyatt Place during your road trip to San Antonio! We appreciate the great comments about our complimentary breakfast, cozy lobby, and water pressure. We are especially impressed with the great pictures you took of our new 24/7 Gallery Menu food items and our property. We would love to have you and your family as our guests again soon!
Blackwell, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I came to this hotel with my two young children over Easter weekend. I was pleased to see that the staff was super friendly and treated both me and my children very respectfully, despite the fact that we looked a little rough due to some travel issues. We showed up late but got to our room and found a very comfortable place to stay. The bed was soft, the room was clean, and we got a view right above the pool. We loved the snack bar which offered tons of goodies to tide us over until we had some pizza delivered. The cookies were delicious, albeit a tad expensive. The rooms are perfect for families, they come equipped with a small living room, a separate bedroom and a little kitchenette area. The breakfast was good, and free, which is always nice and the dining area was clean and nicely decorated. The only issue I took with this hotel is that the cable they offer do not have any child friendly channels and to get one, you have to pay extra. I found paying ten bucks for my kids to watch reruns of Disney shows to be a bit annoying, but it didn't overshadow the other great aspects of the hotel. It is not the most elegant hotel by far, but for safe, friendly family travel, I would suggest it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying at our beautiful hotel and for the great review you provided. I especially loved reading about the super friendly staff, convenient snack bar, and clean room you experienced during your stay with us. We are always striving to be the preferred brand among our guests and we hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Hoxie, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I enjoyed a stay at this hotel over the weekend during the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon. What great people!! Always friendly and willing to get or do anything that you needed. We truly enjoyed our stay there. We were late checking out because of the race, and the guy at the front desk even made us a coffee and didn't even charge us! Now that's customer service!! I appreciated the people at this hotel, and the rooms were very wonderful, clean, and everything was in complete order. I will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
We were very honored to have you as our guest recently! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review to let others know about your experience. We are pleased to see that you found our staff to be friendly and accomodating. We truly enjoy hosting the OKC Marathon runners each year and are happy to hear you appreciated the complimentary late check out. We hope to see you again next year!