“Great Stay”

Hyatt Place Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #15 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
California
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here a week and picked mainly to use Hyatt points. Location is set back off busy road. Check in was easy and friendly.
Room smelled of cigarette smoke, even though non smoking room. Room large and adequate. Air conditioner worked somewhat,would never get cooled below 73 the entire week even set to 60. Bathtub always full of standing water while showering. The food purchase is pricey, better off going to Sonic next door for a quick bite, or any of the many restaurants within walking distance. Free breakfast was hot and cold items.
Last day there we came to our room to find the bathtub had black liquid in the bottom and sides plus all over my personal stuff. Desk person said cleaning staff was off duty and offered some towels and cleaner to clean mess myself! Said it was from water pressure problem earlier, eww! I was kind of shocked he didn't offer to have someone on staff clean it for us, we had to clean it!
Do on that note, they lost my business at this location.

• Stayed August 2013
McKinney
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I just stayed at this hotel during a quick business trip to OKC. The staff are brilliant, very friendly and helpful, which made the check in process a breeze.

The main issue with this property, like a lot of properties and infrastructure in the United States, is the tiredness. This hotel needs a bit of tender loving care. The entrance is pretty, but a little old and dated, the color scheme made me think of the 80's. The lobby and check in area is nice but very small and cramped. The front desk, "bar area" and breakfast area are all crammed in together, not much elbow room. If you are tired try not to arrive hungry, because you are going to want go offsite for something to eat as the "onsite restaurant" is nothing more than a few tables and bar stools around the lobby and reception area. However, unlike Cambria Suites down the road, the breakfast is actually pretty good and is Really Free. Although, unlike the Cambria Suites down the road, the "Bar" is very dull and again is nothing more than a few bar stools adjacent the reception area in which the receptionists will also be your bartender, so plan on going to the sports bar out front if you want cocktails.

The rooms are big and bright, but like the rest of the hotel are a little worn. My carpet was a little stained and even though I specifically asked for a non-smoking room and there was a sign in the room saying thank you for not smoking in this non-smoking room, the room smelled of smoke really bad, which was all over the bedding and bath towels. There are was no complimentary bottles of water, and my little coffee maker was broken. However, the television and choice of channels and movies was awesome, and the Wi-Fi internet is pretty good. Like all hotels of this caliber, the bathrooms are way below anything special, home style toilet and bathtub/shower configuration in which mine drained really slowly and had standing water in it when I arrived. Additionally, the sink and vanity are actually outside the bathroom and are located in the bedroom itself. One of the strangest aspects was the old timey motel style air conditioning unit, which was one of those free standing types on the floor attached to the window. It was cold, but very noisy and sort of damp feeling. I think that’s why my sinus are bothering me today.

All in all, I had a decent night’s sleep, and this property served its purpose for a quick business meeting, and although as I said before, the staff were very friendly and tried really hard, I would have to think hard about wanting to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are really sensitive to smoke and ask for a non-smoking room, inpect your room before accepti...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My work group stayed here for a hiring event we were hosting this winter. Unfortunately a huge snow storm came up while we were there and made some of our logistics a bit hectic! The staff bent over backwards to accommodate and help us out in any way possible. Of the hundreds of hotels I have worked with all over the world, the meeting room and front desk staff of this Hyatt Place are at the top of the list

This hotel is one of the best!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Shawnee, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Nice breakfast with fresh fruit and hot choices available. The room had a couch and desk available. Located 5 minutes away from the airport and approzimately 15 minutes away ftom the downtown convention area. Bathroom had older fixtures but was clean. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
tulsa
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night before concert. The room was very nice in size, with a sitting area, desk area and little bar area. Beds were comfy. The only issue - moldy bathroom and shower head pulled from wall. Breakfast in a.m. was standard, although no breakfast skillet sandwiches as advertised. It was sausage in one skillet, pancakes in one and eggs in the other. But since it was complimentary, no complaints. I had paid in advance for this room on hotels.com. I got my credit card statement and discovered Hyatt had added a $15 charge for my room. When I checked in, nothing was said about this extra fee and when I checked out nothing given to me about this extra charge. It was a total shock. I called the hotel and was informed that it was a convenience charge since I booked from another site. I disputed this charge and was informed that I would get a refund. Apparently they try to slip this fee in on you to see if you notice. I wonder how many people don't notice. I feel this is a shady practice; as stated above I was not informed at check in or check out. I know its not a huge amount, but its the principal of it.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ousooner66
DavidLamb, General Manager at Hyatt Place Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I would like to correct and clarify one important aspect of what was written. We do not and have not ever charged anyone a 'convenience charge'' for booking through a third party website. The $15.00 you referred to is simply an authorization temporarily put on the credit card that you provided upon check in for any incidental charges that may incurred during your stay. Most hotels will run an authorization on a credit card that is presented to make sure the anticipated charges will be covered. In your case where you paid a third party entity for your room, we only authorize $15 since that nominal amount will cover most incidental purchases here - food, beverages, movies, etc. Once the actual charges go through the credit card processor after check out, the authorization is dropped by your bank normally within 2-4 business days. If you check your statement again you will see that is is no longer there. Hotels do not receive any revenue from authorizations, just the assurance that whatever credit card is used has the ability to pay the anticipated charges.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Enjoyed the hotel and the ease of entrance. It is a little tricky to find so make sure you have good directions. The breakfast was very good for this level of hotel. We would stay here again..............

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple