“First stay at a Hyatt Place; loved it!”

Hyatt Place Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #14 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This Hyatt Place was such a lovely surprise! I'd never stayed in a Hyatt Place, and if they're all like this one, I'll stay again. I'd definitely return to this one at the OKC airport location. The hotel is very convenient to the airport, the shuttle is efficient, and the staff was friendly. There's a tiny, but nice, coffee shop in the lobby, where you can purchase salads, sandwiches, pastries, etc., and even have a glass of wine. There were dozens of restaurants nearby, but having the little coffee shop in the hotel was an extra perk. The hotel is fairly small, so the atmosphere is more cozy than that of other hotels--Hyatt seems to have created a very different 'feel' for their Hyatt Place properties. The outdoor pool is very small, but it was clean with an abundance of pool towels available. As a woman traveling alone, I felt safe and secure and would stay here again. (I would like to have a one bedroom suite available though--with a bedroom truly separated from the 'living' space.)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank nxmail

Reviewed July 3, 2011

We have stayed at another hyatt place in another state before and it is exactly the same, from the room layout to the free breakfast. First of all, it is very clean! You can tell they wash ALL bed linens in between guests, unlike a lot of other hotels who only wash the
sheets but not the bedspread,
gross! Also, the staff is mostly
friendly, except a few snobbish ones
who act like it's a 5 star hotel. lol
They have a great free breakfast and special order stuff like eggs and bacon, etc for a fee. They offer Starbucks coffee selections for a fee as well, their free coffee isn't very good, it's just okay. The rooms are icy cold in the hot summer, you
control that yourself. The lobby and hallways were on the hot side though. There are lots of
restaurants around, from fast food
to sit down restaurants. It's close to
the airport and offers a shuttle
service, I think it's free, but you
may want to check on that first.
The only complaints I have is that
the day we arrive to check in after
driving 11+ hours, their check in
system was down so we had to wait around 30 or more minutes to get into a room, they did offer me a free coke, but I thought they could've done a little better by maybe giving us a discount or comp. for our first night. Also, when I reserved, I was told we would pay for our stay upon checkout, but they charged my card used for the entire 6 nights, immediately. I didn't sign a slip for this and actually found out by calling my bank the next day to check my
balance. However, as far as a nice place to stay I would recommend it, I assume their system being down is rare, as that didn't happen at the other hyatt place we had stayed in and I also was not charged until checkout at that one either. Oh and also we had no problem with the Internet, it was pretty speedy. :)

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Room layout exquisite. Actually better than a regular Hyatt Regency or Hyatt Hotel Layout. Gallery is very functional, cool and available 24 hours. Staff are amazing. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: King Room, End of the hall room is the best
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank empoweredCorner
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We booked a two week trips worth of overnight stays through Priceline. When it came to Oklahoma City the Hyatt Place-Airport was where we ended up. Of all the 15 properties that we stayed in for our two week trip this was the best. From the above average continental breakfast to the well appointed room this place was head and shoulders above the rest.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2011

This is an incredible place to stay. No problems at all. Internet is actually speedy, not sure about reviews with negitive comments. Must have been their pc.
Staff and Management very friendly and professional. Best choice for near OKC Airport stays.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank flabeachfan
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Like some other reviews of seen of this place I found (after staying) the Internet service to be horrible. At times completely unusable. Worse yet you'll get different stories from different front desk staff and the General Manager if you start complaining. I have always had good luck at Hyatt Place in other locations including Tulsa so I didn't check reviews. Now that I have, I can find complaints going way back about the internet service here as well as the staff. You lose points not because you have an issue but via how you deal, or don't deal, with it. The staff here is definitely not up to Hyatt standards. I would never stay at this location again. Far too many better choices (even within walking distance).

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Found the Hotel no problem , When you walk in the lobby had a wonderful smell & clean ,check in & check out quick & easy. The room which was a resonable charge was clean & comfy, i didnt use the continental breakfast from what i can tell it had alot to offer. the freindly Desk cerk looked up a destination for me & gave me directions. I would reccomend this Hotel to anyone . Christy

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple