La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City NW Expwy
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$76
Country Inn
Best Western Plus Memorial Inn & Suites(Oklahoma City)(Great Value!)
$89
$131
  • Breakfast included
$102
$93
Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City-Penn Sq(Oklahoma City)(Great Value!)
$67
Baymont Inn & Suites Oklahoma City(Oklahoma City)(Great Value!)
$65
$148
  • Pool
$125
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspet policylake hefnerhotel locationoutdoor poolthe breakfast arealots of restaurantshome away from homecomfortable roombiscuits and gravyeasy accessstaff was friendlydefinitely stay here againlqpetsupgradesconveniencecloset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Price quoted on line was $71, price quoted when we tried to ckeck in 5 minutes later was $95 for the same room, when we questioned the difference, we where told that prices change as the hotel fills up. We declined and ckecked the on line booking again after we arrived at our new hotel and low and behold the price of $71 was still being quoted.
When I complained to the management by email, I was given the same canned message "prices change". We will stay clear of La Quinta inns from here on.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hilde H
Reviewed August 21, 2009

When we arrived for a non-smoking double room, it had a very strong smoke ordor. We backed out and went back to front desk. She had one other nonsmoking double available.
We got new keys and went in to find pillows at end of beds with no pillow cases, no bath towels or wash clothes, black pubic and other hair on bath counter, black bottom edge of accumulated dirt on white sheer curtains, and generally musty smell. The bed linens were so old they were thread beaded and only covered 1/2 the dirty mattress. I've stayed in many hotels of all prices, but this one was the worst in 35 years. It simply is not a 3 star hotel. It was neither clean nor safe...2 bottom lines for hotel ratings. There was one young female staff person on the premises. She left the front desk to find some wrinkled pillow cases and came up to put them on herself ... we helped her. I went back to front desk with her to get towels, soap, etc., because she couldn't leave the desk unattended any longer. She was very kind and helpful, but had been put in what I would consider to be a dangerous situation by herself in a large city with a full hotel. She said LaQuinta had cut the # of minutes housekeeping could devote to cleaning each room and she was sure the new housekeeper just forgot to finish. She did not bad mouth management and did the best that she could in the circumstances in which she found herself. We were polite and tried to assist her as much as possible. The air did not work properly on a hot August night and all the controls had been removed from the unit under the window. There was some circulating musty air, but never cooled off. After a backache and sleepless night, we turned our keys in the next morning and did not attempt to stay another night in the prepaid room. When we left the front desk didn't even bother to check us out or have a record of our absence the second night, nor did the front desk ask why we were leaving a prepaid room or about our stay. There was no level of hotel professional training or hospitality displayed, for which I do not blame the young girls trying to do their best and make a living. Management is the target of these comments. Does LaQuinta actually own this property? If so, they need to pay a visit to every room, maintain the facility, and provide adequate staff to provide a clean and safe environment for staff and guests.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Linda P
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Hotel seems nice enough from the outside. It is located along an industrial highway (lots of hotels, convenience stores, strip-malls, hospitals, etc). When we got to our room, my son noticed hairs in the bathtub and the towels were wet. I called housekeeping and they sent someone up to clean the tub and give fresh towels. Problem solved. Next day, couldn't find ice in any of their ice machines, so I bought some at 7-Eleven down the road. Of the two keycards I received, only one worked. I had it replaced and the replacement didn't work. Not a big deal, but still annoying. Next evening, arriving back at the hotel, the room had not been made up. Then my son noticed that his things had been messed with, and one of his high-tech toys was missing. While looking for the missing toy, we realized that there were a few tiny pieces from the inside of the toy, which were lying around, but the toy itself was gone. I informed the front desk and they agreed that the cleaning staff had broken the toy, then tried to cover it up by taking the toy, and pretending that they never entered the room. The room never did get cleaned. The final problem is that the toilet stopped flushing. I would have fixed it myself, but they had some weird plastic bladder system built into the toilet tank. The hotel did comp me for one night's stay. Still, I would have left if not for the fact that I was travelling with 12 other families. I heard complaints from nearly everyone staying with us. We tolerated this hotel stay. In a word, this hotel is "marginal".

• Stayed: August 2009
2  Thank kivas-fajo
Reviewed March 28, 2009

How would you like your sheets to be so worn that you have a 9 inch tear in the sheet down near your feet? Each corner of the sheet was also stretched and torn to shreds so that it sides as you get in and out of bed. The towels barely cover your assets. There is no lotion nor bath mat available.

This hotel chain does not guarantee your stay like others do. The hotel desk clerk was indifferent to our request for a decent sheet.

Breakfast was barely available. Breakfast starts at 7am. When I arrived at 7:15, there was no waffle batter, no orange juice, no bagels, no syrup to go on the waffle if I could have made it, no fruit, and no milk. The breakfast hostess was nowhere to be found until after 7:45 and then she brought out food at the pace of one item every 10 minutes.

The hotel facilities are great. It is the upkeep and maintenance that is severely lacking. The building seems to be new and not worn out.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank PlayfulPlatypus
Reviewed March 13, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We originally booked a room with 2 beds however when we arrived they only had a king bed available. It was late so we took it. The next afternoon I went to the front desk to see if they had a trundle bed for our 11 year old to sleep on, because originally we booked a 2 bed room. The lady at the front desk upgraded us to the king suite with a king bed and fold out couch. She said the lady the night before should have done that but she was new. So the last 2 nights we were there, we all slept a little bit better. The breakfast is great-waffles, fruit, cereal, yogurt, muffins, toast, juice, tea, coffee, oatmeal and on week day mornings hard boiled eggs and sausage gravy with biscuits. Overall pretty clean, however I noticed in both of our rooms the doors in the bathroom were splattered with something maybe coffee? and the fridge/microwave areas in both rooms were sticky and dirty. Overall a great hotel for the price of 80 bucks per night and a great breakfast if you've got hungry kids. There is an Applebees located right next door for your other meal needs. Or use the micro/firdge combo that comes in the king and king suite rooms. This hotel is located on NW Expressway and there are plenty of shopping and dining places to meet your needs. Does need some renovations, the locks worked but they are getting old and should be fixed. In both rooms we stayed in they were old.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family