“Good in charge Staff”

Ranked #47 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Ada, United States
“Good in charge Staff”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed one night for workshop. Original room on second floor, room was dirty and hair in bathtub and on floor. Complained to Staff in Charge, his name was Chauncey. Staff moved us to upgraded room on first floor. Check in Clerk was rude. Check out was easy.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Georgetown TX
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This used to be my favorite OKC LaQuinta. Yes, it's a bit out of the way for a lot of things, but it was perfect for me and it always USED TO be very bright and new looking and the staff USED TO be stellar. Not this trip, I'm afraid. Breakfast Saturday morning was ALL GONE at 6:58am, when we were told it STARTED at 7am! And the office staff's attitude was "gee we're sorry, but whatever" (not the exact words used, but you get the idea. I didn't even bother to try on Sunday morning. Please clean up you act so I can AGAIN list this as one of my favorite OKC LaQuinta's!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We have stayed at this location probably 10 times in the last 3 years. It gets more rundown and scary every time. The back parking lot is a meeting place for many thugs even during the day light hours. We arrived at 3 p.m. and the breakfast room still had not been cleaned.
the food for breakfast is below cheap.

Probably time for LQ execs too move in and clean the staff out.

Room Tip: I am afraid that someone is going to get hurt outside of this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We chose this hotel based on the fact that they are pet friendly and that we had a great experience at a La Quinta in Albuquerque just the night before. First off, the rooms are very old. We walked in and the first thing we noticed was the musty smell and that the room was very run down. I'm pretty sure nothing has been updated in a very long time. Next I noticed how dirty the floors were. It's like they didn't take the time to vacuum the carpets properly and there was hair in the corner of the bathroom floor. Gross! But we weren't in a position to complain since we are currently driving across the country and we needed a place to rest at 2am when we got there. The man that checked us in wasn't very friendly but he wasn't rude either. Anyway, what made me want to write this review was what happened upon checking out. Check out is at noon (which is great!) So we left the room at about 12:10 and we started to load our bags, our toddler and our 3 dogs into the car. That obviously takes some time...then we had trouble with some stuff in the car so by the time I walked to the front to check out it was about 12:40pm. I didn't think it was a problem since the place was pretty empty anyway. Well the lady at the front informed me that they had charged my card for a second night already and that I would have to be credited back. Her attitude was very condescending and I was so surprised by this that I didn't complain right then and there. She acted like she was doing me a favor by returning my money. It turns out the charge was for $113 when the cost for the night before was $80 (which is too much for the bad room)! I just think the whole thing was ridiculous. We have been staying in different hotels all over and no one has ever done that so soon after checkout. They are obviously desperate to take your money and the rooms aren't even remotely decent! Save your money and choose a hotel with better customer service and accommodations. Maybe they'll learn to be a bit more flexible with customers and that would get them better reviews!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank mel0121
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Blind deal for a last minute trip on Priceline. Reviews made me nervous after the hotel was revealed. But, very pleased after we arrived. Clean, quiet, and typical breakfast. Only gripe was the late night desk clerk was not helpful with an extra blanket. Lots of restaurants close.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank okietraveler2008
Caney, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My stay was good for most part but I found a used coffee cup that was in the window. Then when we had breakfast the gravy was so nasty that I didn't finish my meal. My family and I decided to go eat somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Mike S
Grove, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2014

For the last three years, we have stayed at this hotel. It is always clean, and the staff has always been friendly. We have taken advantage of the breakfast a few times & it is the standard continental breakfast, but the food area is kept very clean. They are dog-friendly, so be prepared for the possibility of barking. The pool is outdoors. You'll want to swim somewhere else. We call it the birdbath. A bit dirty.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business