“Blackwell friends”
Review of Red PrimeSteak

Red PrimeSteak
Reserve with OpenTable
Red PrimeSteak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,660 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NW 5th
Description: Red Prime Steak brings Dry-Aged beef to Oklahoma. Red Prime Steak specializes in Prime Midwestern beef, Kobe beef and Buffalo, which underscores Oklahoma's proud Indian roots. Only the boldest rubs and spices are used to enhance the flavor of the steaks. Housed in the Historic Buick Building and designed by award-winning architect, Rand Elliott, the modern design is a world class vision that is unique to the Steakhouse concept.
Okla
“Blackwell friends”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Best food and service in OKC area.Steaks unbelievable ! Beware of parking charges across the street.

1 Thank Travelers2016

Plano, Texas
“I would come back!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had a business dinner at the Red Prime. The food was wonderful, service was great and it was different than your traditional steak house. You could have a conversation...not loud and you did not hear the table next to you either. I would improve the red wine selection but that being said the wine we had was very good. We will be back...thanks

• Visited February 2013
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Wonderful Steak - wait staff was great”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Business dinner that went off without a hitch. We ordered appetizers which the restaurant divided the apps into smaller portions so that everyone could sample (we had the Crab Cakes & Tamales) - Wonderful, which everyone enjoyed. Steaks were fantastic also. The custom "crusts" they have are great. I tried the Coffee rub which was very subtle, great flavor. All sides are served family style. Our waiter was great!! Very knowledgeable about the menu and process of how they age steaks. He also packed everything in a great "To Go" bags with all the sides when we were ready to leave. Also try the Red Mojito!! Wonderful wine list as well.

• Visited February 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great Steak”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This restaurant is really interesting inside, I like the warehouse feel. It may be trying a little too hard but I appreciate the effort... most nice steak restaurants in OKC have the traditional white table cloth feel that grandparents love and younger generations don't ever really feel like they fit in. So I guess I enjoyed going to a nice steak place that seems to be more comfortable and not stuffy.
The cocktails we had before our meal were good, and reasonably priced. The wine menu has quite a few choices, but seemed over priced. I got a glass of Syrah that was decent, because I didn't want to pay $15 for a glass of Cab that was also decent. And the small bottles are definitely overpriced.
Salads were also good, especially the tomato and mozzarella salad. I ordered salmon mignon, which was good but not great- a bit overcooked and too salty. The ribeye my husband got was delicious. He is pretty picky about steak and said it was cooked perfectly. For sides we had squash (great) and potatoes gratin (eh- really really rich with too much horseradish). And for dessert we shared the chocolate spoon cake. First the waiter brought out the wrong dessert, but didn't make any fuss and took it straight back to bring the chocolate. It was delicious!
Overall, a very good meal.

• Visited January 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Delicious Food, dissapointing waitstaff”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We decided we wanted steak for dinner. The group wanted Mahogany but convinced the group to try something different so we landed on Prime.

Once we arrived, we were whisked upstairs to a private table overlooking the main dining room which was very chic and filled with red neon. The restaurant isn't very loud so you can have a conversation easily.

The food we had was top notch for most people. I had a rough experience. Not only was my steak overcooked (ordered Med Rare, it arrived Med Well), the waitstaff was fairly non-existent. When they served dessert, they forgot plates even. When I got my food, I loved it. The tomato salad app was killer and the various side items were on point.

If not for the service, I'd give this 5 stars all the way. I knocked it down 2 stars because of the service and the overcooked beef (the waiter swore he's never seen that in 3 years..) Given a large group, it could be a fluke. After talking with the GM via the phone (she called me), I was given a gift card to come back. I will try it again. Her apologetic nature helped smooth over a somewhat inconsistent experience.

The group agreed the food was delicious but would have expected top shelf service which we didn't get.

Stuff like this happens so I'm willing to forgive.

• Visited January 2013