“Good With Some Reservations”
Review of Mc Alister's Deli

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mc Alister's Deli
Ranked #107 of 328 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Good With Some Reservations”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stopped by for a take-out lunch this past Saturday, as we were helping to move our (OU student) daughter into her new home right off campus. Their sweet tea is fantastic. The staff was welcoming and friendly. Service was quick and efficient. The place was large, clean, and inviting.
Our Italian Sandwiches/Subs were tasty, although (only) mine had 3 human hairs in it, each about 3" long. That kind of ruined my appetite more than a bit! They also neglected to tell us that, while they would bring us our bagged lunch order, WE (not they) needed to grab the 4 big cookies we ordered. We got all the way back to our daughter's new place, only to find that none of the four cookies we'd paid for were in the bag! Daughter drives all the way back to get them, as she and her friends love McAlister's sugar cookies. After she got back, we started eating our sandwiches and I that's when I discovered the hairs in mine. Ugh! Too late to go back a second time.
I'm not sure that I can handle eating there again, but our daughter who's eaten there many times over the past 2 years she's been at OU has never had anything like this happen before. You can at least talk me into their sweet tea and sugar cookies next time, though..

• Visited July 2014

Ada, Oklahoma
“I was surprised”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Let me first say I do not like going to a "sandwich shoppe" to eat. My first thought is I can make a sandwich at home. My second thought, why do I want to overpay for a sandwich I could make at home and still be hungry an hour after I eat? Went to McAlisters Deli in Norman last night with the family because no one could agree where to eat. I had the reuben sandwich, cole slaw and sweet tea. Was I surprised!!! The sandwich was excellent. Plenty of meat - only down side was it needed more sauerkraut. Cole slaw was creamy and cold - very delicious. The sweet tea was outstanding. I am still not a huge sandwich place guy but I would definitely eat hear again. Oh, and the country potato soup was very good according to my wife. Stay away from the chicken tortilla soup according to my son.

Visited November 2012
Norman, Oklahoma
“Great Deli!”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Awesome deli food. Sandwiches, soups, salads and awesome iced tea. You will love it.

Norman, Oklahoma
“Good food and great service”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Great place for lunch! Their pastrami is wonderful! I have tried sandwiches, salads, baked potatoes...all great. My husband and I enjoy lunches here about once a month. Service is always speedy, servers always kind.

• Visited May 2011