“Consistent”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Prairie Kitchen
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Visited on Saturday, July 7th. They no longer have the Oregon Marionberry pancakes that I love, but it's possible that it became cost prohibitive to carry that throughout the southern states. The decor in this diner (breakfast and lunch only) is roosters, wagon wheels and texas stars all the way. Nothing too garish but this is a diner and not intended to be swanky. I go here for something more than just eggs and toast but so fancy as pastry and eggs benedict. It's middle ground. My husband and I both had the french toast and some coffee, with him ordering a side of fried okra. Pretty good, says he, if you are into that sort of food. The food was alright, and the service attentive and genuinely nice. They do give you your own carafe of coffee, but I spillled half of it on my lap. Probably my own fault that the lid fell off of the carafe as I poured (be careful!).

The nicest thing is that they don't pretend to be something they are not, which is a really good place for breakfast and lunch without a lot of fanfare.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

It's basic, it's delicious and it's a friendly place to enjoy a meal.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

We LOVE Prairie Kitchen. We go there for Sunday Brunch and we always ask for Shirley. Great food and friendly staff. You're bound to see your neighbors there!

Reviewed October 5, 2011

if your looking for the best made from scratch pancakes and waffles this is the place , and there $4.99 breakfast and lunch specials can't be beat. good food at a good price.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 20, 2008

i've gotten sick here everytime

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook