“great great value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Austin
“great great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2009

The room was P for perfect; everything was clean, roomy, and comfortable especially for the the price we paid. It was less expensive than some of the Best Western's we found on our vacation in Colorado. A bonus was that we could walk to several restaurants for dinner near the hotel. We were tired of driving. I'll certainly try Hilton hotels again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

i am a bit picky when it comes to hotels, and i really enjoyed HGI. It is modern and clean. The rooms are a bit small, but the bedding is nice. There is even a minifridge in the room. I normally do not care for a fridge b/c it gives it a bit of a motel feel, but this blended in nicely and was good to have. The staff is helpful and the breakfast was good. We will definitely stay here again. In fact, I canceled my Courtyard booking and moved it to HGI. Normally I am a huge Marriott fan, but the Courtyard next door looked a bit worn out.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Irving, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2009

We've stayed in Norman several times at different hotels, and the Hilton Garden Inn is a full head and shoulders above the rest!

Room was clean, had a good desk, free WiFi, nice HDTV, comfortable bed and great A/C (important on a 104 degree day!).

The check-in attendant was nice, as was the waiter in the morning breakfast. The breakfast wasn't free, which is my only knock on value, but it was decent.

If you're headed to Norman, stay here.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2009

I can be a bit hard to please, but this Hilton property excelled in virtually all respects.

An exceedingly comfortable and well-appointed room, quiet locale, excellent overall hotel layout & common areas, competent & friendly staff, well stocked breakfast bar with healthy/lighter options, and easy-walking access to some great nearby restaurants combined for an excellent multi-day business stay. I expect to return and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Univ. Oklahoma area, whether for business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Tulsa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2009

Great hotel with friendly staff. The room was very clean and modern. The bed was very nice and firm and the pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom was well supplied with toiletries. I will stay there again the next time I am in Norman.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
lawrenceville,ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2009

Just finished my 10th business trip in 9 weeks and this location was WONDERFUL! From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like a valued guest. Great location with clean, new and comfortable rooms. QUIET too!
The food was excellent and served with a smile. Mitch ( a college student) helped me out and it was a pleasure to meet a clean cut young adult who took customer service seriously. Food and shopping all very close with lots of options. I wish all of my stays were as seamless as this one!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2009

We were looking for a place as we travelled thru Oklahoma City. I saw this place on trip advisor. The rate was great, just off the freeway and a fairly new property. We guaranteed the rooms and then I called the property directly to see if they could set aside the 2 non-smoking rooms with the adjoining room request. I was told there would be no problem. Upon arrival the same person that said no problem took about 20 minutes then said "Well all we have is 2 non-smoking, non-adjoining rooms on the smoking floor". We took them. Thank goodness the rooms were not smoky.

The rooms were small but comfortable. The bathrooms were clean with everything we needed. One of our rooms did have an issue with noisy neighbors coming in at midnight, a few slammed doors and loud conversations. After about an hour we called guest services. I'm not sure if they did anything but around 1:30, either they quieted down or we just were too exhausted to hear them.

Now we get to checkout. Mind you I never got a receipt or rate confirmation upon check-in, but after 10 minutes same staff person says due to the issues they had last night they are only going to charge us for one room. This was appreciated but I would have had a much better feeling about this place if management hadn't left the hotel so understaffed on a Friday night!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family