“Do NOT stay in Room 346 - 348” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Norman

Hilton Garden Inn Norman
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Lake Charles, United States
“Do NOT stay in Room 346 - 348”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

There are three rooms on the 3rd floor that are directly over the laundry on the first floor. This causes the beds and floor to vibrate BADLY. Woke us from a sound sleep and ran to the window to check for bad weather. Hotel staff is aware of the problem, but did not mention at check-in. TED at the front desk was professional and courteous as he explained the cause. He also adjusted our bill upon check-out. The hotel itself is wonderful. I will stay here again; however, NOT in the vibrating rooms on the 3rd floor. Trust me, this is not a mild vibration, but if you want entertainment, you can watch your clothes "dance" across the bed. Hotel is clean and has a great atmosphere. Cookies and hot chocolate/coffee await you in the evenings. Location was surrounded by restaurants so we didn't have to get back on the highway to search for a place. The hotel is only 3-4 miles (10-15 mins.) from University of Oklahoma. There's also a movie theater very close by, although we didn't have time. The rate was excellent for an upscale feeling of a nice, safe hotel.

1 Thank Selina C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Charlotte, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have traveled 50% for 10 years and this was the worst experience I have encountered with untrained staff, no recognition of Hilton Diamond, out of water, out of maps of the area and pretty much clueless. I would never stay in that hotel again

1 Thank Edward M
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Wife surprised me for a nice overnight here. It was everything you'd come to expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. Clean, friendly, I still would like to see some kind of free breakfast for HHonors Gold and Diamond members. The weight room was nice as well.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot. I am a hilton diamond member. My hotel of choice when available is the hilton garden inn.

This hotel did not disappoint. Check in was quick and easy. The room was great. The bed was very comfortable.

Breakfast was eggs or omelets cooked to order. Lots of choices on the Buffett.

I really enjoined the stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SH1304
Spokane, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

My daughter and I stayed there and we were very pleased with the comfort of the room, including the bed. We were happy to have a microwave and mini fridge in the room, as well as a coffee maker. If we return to the area, we will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Sand Springs, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was very satisfied with my stay at Hilton Garden Inn in Norman, Oklahoma. It was very clean and the breakfast was excellent. The room was spacious. There was a variety of exercise equipment and the equipment was in very good condition. The Sooner Mall is close and several shopping centers were nearby. I would stay there again.

dallas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I'm sorry to say this, but we had the worst Hilton experience at your hotel last Saturday night. The only thing that was positive was the sweet girl who checked us in. Everything else was horrible. The bed was hard as a rock (yes, we tried to change the controls, with no luck). Even though it was below 30 degrees outside, we had to turn on the A/C to get the room to a bearable temperature. We turned down the heat to 67 and the temp rose to 76. We were given one K-cup for in the morning. When my husband went down to request more, he was very begrudgingly given two more.

As a former Diamond member, I have stayed at plenty of Hilton Hotels. Our choice for Norman has always been the Hampton Inn. We decided to change it up a little this trip. Boy were we sorry. From now on, when we are in Norman for Football games or to visit family, we will stay at the Hampton.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tbelle2000
Jana C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norman, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable. We strive to provide our guests with a comfortable and relaxing stay, and apologize that we did not exceed expectations. I will be sure to have maintenance check the room you were in and fix those problems. Thank you for sharing what happened so that we may know what improvements to make. I will be contacting you privately to get more information and to try to make up for the poor experience.