“DO NOT PATRONIZE”

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“DO NOT PATRONIZE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Worse customer service. Trash was left in lobby and pool area. Rooms not cleaned. Rude staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Treff L
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norman, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of caring for our customers and maintaining the grounds. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I hope that you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bridge City, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Another reviewer complained about non-refundable booking last November.
I have stayed there several times a year, and this never happened, but I never stayed in November.
I recently attempted to book for Nov 2012 and the only available rate they offered was non-refundable, even though I am an HHonors member.
On football weekends they can easily re-book a room if there's a cancellation, this definitely changes my opinion of this hotel.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank txgirl049
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norman, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our reservation process. I respect your candor. You are correct in the fact that our normal cancellation policy is 6pm the day of arrival. However, on special events such as home OU football games, this cancellation policy does not apply as stated on our website and reservation system.
While it may seem easy to fill rooms on game days, depending on the time of the game and when guests cancel, this is not true.
I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

Clean, comfortable, quiet and easy to get to. Staff is friendly, responsive and accomodating. The fresh baked cookies at the front desk don't run out too early. I only wish they had a complimentary breakfast!

• Stayed April 2012
San Antono
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

Booked a suite for more room and was VERY comfortable. Bed and linens were very comfortable. Rooms very clean...I think it's new.
Towels not as bad as most hotels in this class, but really, can't we come up with something a little less like sandpaper?

Young lady at the desk was super nice and very sweet. Wish I could remember her name.

Cons:
No free breakfast. I knew that when I booked, but it can't cost them anything to do, and a free breakfast is just a really nice ammenity.
I don't mine a/c noise, but there was something else reverbating.

Will prob stay again. The price was great and it was comfortable

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We are happy that you had a pleasant stay with us and look forward to serving you in the future! When making a reservation, please inquirer about our rates that include breakfast.
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

At check in, Morgan was friendly, professional, helpful. And that carried through to the waitstaff, chef, bartender and everyone else that we encountered. Zero complaints from us.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Bridge City, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

Great every time at a reasonable price.
I love how the Hilton chain has freshly washed white comforters.
Front desk always helpful and great restaurants nearby.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank txgirl049
Mansfield, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

I have stayed in the hotel multiple times and it in general has been ok. On several occassions they could not give us the suite that we reserved but did give us a room. Once we were given a room that the shower did not work. Otherwise no major problems.

I booked a room for November 3, 2012 and tried to cancel this room in January 2011. I had not been informed that they had a no cancellation on OU game day policy. The online booking would not let me cancel. I called the Hilton reservations number in Dallas and was told that they could not cancel the reservation without charging me the full rate.

Not being allowed to cancel 10 months before a stay is ridiculous and abusive. Hilton should at have at least informed me of this policy at the time of booking. What a hassle and ripoff.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family