“Wonderful stays and very pet friendly”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Wonderful stays and very pet friendly”
Reviewed January 2, 2010

I want to thank the staff for excellent service. We stayed for a full week. Everything was perfect. Close access to University, food and shopping. The rooms were very clean. We enjoyed the breakfast, pool and the fitness room. The only complaints are that is that the internet was only free in the business center and it can be a little loud. However the price is incredible for what they give you.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Korean first
Oklahoma
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Ok so your wife, your mother or grand mother can cook, I'll give you that. But there are not many that can put on a spread like these folks. Thanksgiving Day brunch for 400+ is no walk in the park. This was no ordinary Thanksgiving Day brunch. From the shrimp to the bananas foster words can not express the experience. And the service, about the time you say "Oh the mashed potatoes or the shrimp cocktail sauce is running low" BAM!!! Someone was there with a new dish to replace the old. The tables were covered in either white with black chair covers or vise versa. They had a professional playing a Harp when you walk in, no canned music with a loud speaker. Ice sculptures replaced the ordinary plastic flowers that some places would have. Enough to say the meal was to die for. So next year where will you be have Thanksgiving Day.

After the feast we adjourned to a beautiful suite of rooms. I might add this is no ordinary Embassy suites. It’s a very classy operation. After a short nap and a brisk walk it was time for the managers’ reception. Sorry but full belly or not it was time for a FREE DRINK. You heard me free drinks. The next morning is no different, back to the breakfast buffet for yet another feast.

Well let me put it this way if you’re staying anywhere but here within 20 miles of OKC you made a mistake. This place thinks of everything, hair dryer, room safe, two flat screen TV's. What's not to like. Not my first stay and it won't be my last. One last thing, try the coffee shop, helpful lady that works there, nice drinks.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
memphis, TN
Reviewed November 19, 2009

I've been traveling to Norman with my company now for almost a decade and am happy to see lots of new hotels spring up over the course of the last 2 years really. We are not brand loyal, per se, so it is nice to be able to explore all the brands out there and pick which hotel we'd like to stay at. I like Embassy Suites in general, but when I tried this one it seemed a little ritzy for the Norman area. Maybe best way to describe is to say that it could be picked up and transplanted to a larger city and fit in very well, unfortunately that does include the price. The rooms are very very large, but for me, it's too much. I can't justify expensing that much for just myself. The price of breakfast is included in the room, but when I stayed there for a small conference with my co-workers, it took over 30 minutes to get our food. I left to get to our meeting place on OU's campus in time, but some of my co-workers stayed in hopes they'd be able to eat fast and arrive on time to the meeting. They didn't make it. Also, when I first arrived I was put in a room next to what sounded like a dozen screaming kids. I was promptly moved, so that was nice. But then I was told I would have to pay for Internet when I got to the second room. Who charges for Internet in Norman? So, to sum, nice hotel, but in this economy I have to watch it. Stay here if you have a large family or for a family event. I think it'd make a good hotel for that.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank FenterP
DFW, Texas
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Had a fantastic stay...two different trips, 2 nights each. Very clean, nice employees. Top-notch breakfast included in price of room. Great location to shops, resteraunts, I-35, OU. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Had a work meeting here. The hotel is fabulous. Rooms are very well-appointed. Furniture VERY nice. Suite huge. Facilities stellar. Very cool how the conference center is attached. Awesome for any group holding meetings. Breakfast buffet amazing. Would love to go back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
United States
Reviewed July 19, 2009

My family and I stayed for the weekend with several other team members for a pro-kart race held in Norman. We were awakened after midnight by a large group of partiers (35-40 individuals) congregating in the open atrium and bar area of the hotel. All hotel rooms overlook this area and it was explained by hotel staff that the noise is amplified due to the design of the hotel. One of the fathers in our group went down to the bar and front desk to ask if the partiers could be moved into one of the hotel's many banquet, party, convention, and meeting rooms, but was informed that there were several large groups holding parties and that these partiers were overspill from those activities and that the noise would probably continue until the bar closed at 2:00 a.m.! The check-in employee stated that there wasn't anything that could be done even though it was pointed out that per the hotel's guide provided in our rooms, the lounge area closes at 12:00 a.m. We called the front desk to speak to the manager when the yelling, whistling and shouting escalated to a point that there was a concern for the safety of ourselves as well as the safety of the partiers. We were told by the Manager on Duty (Grayson) that groups will get loud when consuming alcohol and that he would ask Security to keep an eye on them. Security quelled the noise momentarily, but as the large group consumed more alcohol, they got louder and louder. We travel to Norman often to compete in kart races, but since our sons' and daughters' safety and success at the track requires a good night's sleep, we will not be staying at this hotel again. This is a very nice hotel, but a HUGE disappointment. Too much to pay ($169.00/night + taxes) for lack of sleep caused by inconsiderate hotel visitors and management.

• Stayed July 2009
4 Thank LoveRacing
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2009

We had a one night stay at the Embassy Suites in Norman and had a wonderful experience. The rooms were very nice and especially clean. The breakfast was great and the staff very friendly. I highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple