“Super Comfy Bed, Great Breakfast”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed July 3, 2014

If for any reason you have to come to Norman or OKC and need a place to stay...choose this place!

We arrived very late because of some bad weather that slowed our road trip.

1) Staff: I wasn't expecting such a friendly and helpful late night staff. Cheyenne checked us in and got us the toothbrushes we forgot to pack. She was funny and informative and professional.

2) Hotel lobby: I never thought of such a beautiful lobby area in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma. The bar looked great but it closed at 11. However the open glass elevators always make me happy at a hotel and they had lovely sitting areas around the huge inner atrium lobby.

3) Breakfast Buffet: I had no idea a free breakfast buffet at any hotel could be this fresh and well set out right up until the minute they took it down. My wife has a habit of sleeping late and often misses the buffet but this morning we had to hit the road early. Or we arrive at the very last minute and there are scraps of eggs and no bacon and you have to scrape the last of the oatmeal out of the vat and the coffee is gone...but not here. The whole thing was fully stocked and tended to until it ended.

She loved the eggs, bacon, potatoes, juices, sodas, fruit variety and I thought the oatmeal was as good as any restaurant oatmeal I'd ever had...with brown sugar and golden raisins! The TV was on CNN (Yeah! No Fox channel!) and the waffle, pancake, omelette bar was a breeze and had lots of ingredients. I would eat here everyday if I could.

4) Room: Wow! Nice seating area with a TV and a sofa bed. The layout of the living area adjacent to the hall was a nice noise buffer for the bedroom in the back. The bathroom door did not open into the bedroom. So even when one of us got up and turned on that light it didn't light up the bedroom. I wish the tub was wider but my wife LOVED the shower head and water pressure.

The king sized bed was just about the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. Ever! The room was clean and comfy. Lots of room to open up the HUGE suitcase my wife uses when we travel.

I have read some reviews that the bedding was rough. But I didn't notice. I did notice the TV guide on their cable was awful. But we didn't come to watch TV. I did want to locate local weather before we set out and had to use my smart phone for that.

I didn't use their free Wi-Fi because we got in late and I didn't have time to sit and surf.

5) No valet parking but you can pull up to unload with no problem. Cheyenne told us they had a wonderful Manager's Reception with free booze which we unfortunately missed.

We will stay here whenever we travel back into Oklahoma. And when I see ES anywhere from now on I will try to stay there. I need to get on their Hilton Honors program pronto!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Katles
Casey K, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear valued guest fromm Houston,

Thank you, for taking the time to rate Embassy Suites Norman! Our Embassy Suites mission is to “Make a Difference.” I would like to personally thank you for giving myself and Embassy Suites Norman Hotel & Conference Center the chance to “Make a Difference” through serving you during your travels. I certainly liked seeing that you enjoyed our hotel. I hope we succeeded in making your stay everything you had expected during your time in Norman. We truly appreciate your comments and hope that you will keep us in mind if you ever find yourself in Norman in the future.

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,134)

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have one-two conferences a year located in this hotel and always look forward to staying at the Embassy Suites. The staff are friendly and always helpful, the amenities leave nothing to be desired, and the evening reception is a wonderful way to close out the day with colleagues or friends.

To our valued guest from Broken Arrow,

Thank you for taking the time to rate the Embassy Suites Norman. Our Embassy Suites mission is to “Make a Difference” and I would like to personally thank you for giving myself and Embassy Suites the chance to “Make a Difference” through serving you during your travels. I wanted you to know that we greatly appreciate your comments. It is your feedback that helps to ensure that we are constantly improving our level of service, with this being said, I hope that you will visit our Embassy Suites again if you are in Norman in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Working on your feet all day at a convention, the most important part of your room is a comfortable bed to stretch out. The Embassy Suite in Norman has heavenly beds. And, the made-to-order omelets made it worthwhile to get up early and do it all over again the next day.

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We know how busy life can be and know you have a choice on where you stay. We strive to make a difference when guest come to stay with us and are glad you had such an experience and enjoyed the bed.

We hope to if you find yourself in Norman again, you will be our guest again.

Best

Reviewed June 30, 2014

you can not beat this hotel. Staff is wonderful and friendly as well as fast. The evening reception is amazing and the main reason why we choose the embassy. My kids love this hotel and being able to get evening refreshments all they want. Plus its a bonus for them to get free food and drinks right after the get out the pool and have worked up their hunger. It is also very well clean and modern. Definitely the best hotel chain I have ever found.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

To our valued guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Norman Hotel & Conference Center for your recent visit to Norman! We were honored to have you staying with us. I am glad we were able to make your time here an enjoyable one. Thank you so much for your kind comments. It is your feedback that helps to ensure that we are constantly improving our level of service. I hope if you find yourself in Norman again you will decided to stay with us.

Safe travels,

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was a great place to stay if you can't get a room in OKC. The staff was very friendly, the hotel clean, and the breakfast was delicious as usual. Be careful of the tub though, it is very slick and deep. If there is a mat for inside the tub use it, but make sure the suction cups are stuck before you get in or the mat will slide causing you to fall.

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We know how busy life can be and know you have a choice on where you stay. We strive to make a difference when guest come to stay with us and are glad you had such an experience.

We hope to if you find yourself in Norman again, you will be our guest again.

Best

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay at Embassy Suites in Norman in two months. Both stays were for conventions. This last stay just seemed to be overall a better experience. Hotel staff was very courteous, the wait staff who were working our convention meeting room were prompt at cleaning up, at keeping things like coffee & water well stocked. The meals we were served as part of the convention were excellent, they were served buffet style but food was nice prepped, very tasty and a nice selection. The food was definitely better than the last time I was here. My room was very clean, hotel pool was great (opening at 6am allowed me to swim before the convention started.) I enjoyed the hot full breakfast they serve. I just had the buffet breakfast, they have eggs, bacon, sausage, bicuits, gravy, potatoes, fresh fruit. Try also have a waffle station and a cook to order station as well. The coffee was hot & fresh. Easy to get to from Highway 9. My only complaint is the free wifi is only in the lobby, not in the meeting rooms our the hotel rooms.

• Stayed: June 2014

To our valued guest,

On behalf of our entire hotel staff and myself – I would like to thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Norman Hotel & Conference Center for your recent visit to Norman! We were honored to have you staying with us. I am glad we were able to make your time here an enjoyable one. Our Embassy Suites mission is to “Make a Difference” and I would like to personally thank you for giving myself and Embassy Suites Norman the chance to “Make a Difference” through serving you during your travels.

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Very nice hotel. The rooms were very spacious and clean. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and the evening snacks/drinks. We used the pool and the exercise room and both were clean and nice. We will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

To our valued guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am glad we were able to make your time here an enjoyable one. Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to share your experience with us. We hope to be of service again.