If for any reason you have to come to Norman or OKC and need a place to stay...choose this place!
We arrived very late because of some bad weather that slowed our road trip.
1) Staff: I wasn't expecting such a friendly and helpful late night staff. Cheyenne checked us in and got us the toothbrushes we forgot to pack. She was funny and informative and professional.
2) Hotel lobby: I never thought of such a beautiful lobby area in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma. The bar looked great but it closed at 11. However the open glass elevators always make me happy at a hotel and they had lovely sitting areas around the huge inner atrium lobby.
3) Breakfast Buffet: I had no idea a free breakfast buffet at any hotel could be this fresh and well set out right up until the minute they took it down. My wife has a habit of sleeping late and often misses the buffet but this morning we had to hit the road early. Or we arrive at the very last minute and there are scraps of eggs and no bacon and you have to scrape the last of the oatmeal out of the vat and the coffee is gone...but not here. The whole thing was fully stocked and tended to until it ended.
She loved the eggs, bacon, potatoes, juices, sodas, fruit variety and I thought the oatmeal was as good as any restaurant oatmeal I'd ever had...with brown sugar and golden raisins! The TV was on CNN (Yeah! No Fox channel!) and the waffle, pancake, omelette bar was a breeze and had lots of ingredients. I would eat here everyday if I could.
4) Room: Wow! Nice seating area with a TV and a sofa bed. The layout of the living area adjacent to the hall was a nice noise buffer for the bedroom in the back. The bathroom door did not open into the bedroom. So even when one of us got up and turned on that light it didn't light up the bedroom. I wish the tub was wider but my wife LOVED the shower head and water pressure.
The king sized bed was just about the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. Ever! The room was clean and comfy. Lots of room to open up the HUGE suitcase my wife uses when we travel.
I have read some reviews that the bedding was rough. But I didn't notice. I did notice the TV guide on their cable was awful. But we didn't come to watch TV. I did want to locate local weather before we set out and had to use my smart phone for that.
I didn't use their free Wi-Fi because we got in late and I didn't have time to sit and surf.
5) No valet parking but you can pull up to unload with no problem. Cheyenne told us they had a wonderful Manager's Reception with free booze which we unfortunately missed.
We will stay here whenever we travel back into Oklahoma. And when I see ES anywhere from now on I will try to stay there. I need to get on their Hilton Honors program pronto!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Norman - Hotel & Conference Center is located in the heart of Norman, Oklahoma just off I-35.We are perfectly situated to be your accommodation for visiting your favorite University of Oklahoma Sooner! If you are in town for business, we are located in the heart of the University North Park Retail and Business Development. We also offer a short drive up I-35 to Oklahoma City as well. If you are looking for things to visit - the Fred Jones Jr Museum of Art, Lake Thunderbird State Park, Little River Zoo, and Sam Nobel Oklahoma Museum of Natural History are all within a short distance of our hotel.Our hotel features two room suites with separate bedroom and living areas, free cooked-to-order breakfast, complimentary Manager's Reception, and excellent cuisine at the North Park Grill. We also offer over 50,000 sq. ft. of meeting and event space. Come stay at the Embassy Suites Norman on your next visit to Norman. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Norman Hotel Norman