“Great Staff & Very Nice Embassy”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Norman
OK
“Great Staff & Very Nice Embassy”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is definitely the nicest Embassy I've ever stayed in. It's very clean and spacious, and the interior design is beautiful. Unfortunately, I was not here on vacation--my area was affected by the tornado in late May. The staff did everything in their power to make our stay stress-free. They were helpful, polite, friendly...I can't say enough good things about them. The breakfast was great (as it always is at Embassy), the room was comfy, and the manager's reception was wonderful.

Thank you to all the staff who made this trying time a little easier.

1 Thank OnAwol
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
To our most respected neighbors,

I am humbled that you were compelled to take the time to share your comments regarding your stay.

We believe that our “family” extends beyond the walls of our hotel and our own personal families to those throughout our surrounding communities. We recognize that many were affected by the tornadoes including our own staff, family members, and neighbors.

One of our primary goals is to ensure that we create a very safe and secure environment for everyone. In addition, it is our focus to create a sense of belonging to the team that works with us to the guests that choose to stay with us. Judging by your comments, we were able to accomplish this with your recent visit.

We extend best wishes and a speedy recovery for you and yours. We do hope that we may have another opportunity to be of service (under better circumstances) in the very near future.

Please do not hesitate to reach out and let us know if we may be of assistance!

Be well,

Michael

Michael Vance
Norman Embassy Suites Hotel and Conference Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Korean first
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Housekeeping entered my room at 7:50am on Saturday morning. I had checked in after 11pm the evening prior. When we notified the front office that this was unacceptable, they did absolutely nothing to remedy the situation, not even apologizing. When I asked to speak with a manager, they had the manager of housekeeping call the room. Again, I received no apology, just a statement that "Yeah, we start early." Just a warning - if you want to sleep past 7am, don't forget your "Do Not Disturb" sign!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

2 Thank Whitney J
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
To our guests from Kansas City,

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused by our staff arriving to your room early on Saturday. We truly understand and recognize this as a concern and I have addressed our housekeeping team accordingly. We do not expect to be entering rooms this early and will make the appropriate changes.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience as it will allow us to ensure we do not inconvenience future guests in the same manner.

We do hope to see you again in the future should your travels return you to the area!

Kind Regards,

Michael

Michael Vance
Norman Embassy Suites Hotel and Conference Center
Hurst, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I called the hotel to book a room as part of a wedding group, but was told there was no wedding rate, and the cost would be $179 per night. I booked it, but then canceled when I found out I could prepay for $159 per night. I later learned there was in fact a wedding rate of $109 per night. The hotel told me since I had pre-paid, there was nothing that could be done to change the rate. When I reminded them that the hotel mislead me when I first tried to book, I was only compensated with 5000 points, no cash. The points would cost me $62.50 if I were to buy Hilton Honors points. This is not quite the extra $80 I spent by prepaying, I much would have preferred cash instead of points. It has been less than a week since I stayed, and the extra points have not shown up yet in my Hilton Honors Account. I hope they will honor their promise. Be warned if you are going for a wedding or other discount group to be sure to insist on the wedding rate. Our friends who did not pre-pay were able to get the reduced rate at check in.

The hotel was nicely appointed, the conference center was very nice, and the staff was courteous. Our room was spacious and clean. We also enjoyed the complimentary happy hour drinks.

The breakfasts were HECTIC. My husband waited in line for almost 40 minutes on a Sunday morning to get two fried eggs. On both mornings we stayed, there was only one cook in the custom order line. He was working like crazy, and even though he was extremely efficient, he could have easily used two other cooks to keep the long line moving. The buffet eggs tasted powdery and the biscuits were bland. Other buffet items looked okay. Only the custom ordered food looked good, but with those lines, it was not an option for someone in a hurry.

Room Tip: Don't pre-pay if you are going with a group
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kerrinhp
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Beautiful Hotel and friendly staff. Close to restaurants, shopping, movie theater and the casino. Hotel shuttle will take you anywhere in a 2 mile radius. Saturday night is movie night at the hotel which is a nice feature for the kids. Excellent business center and hospitality suite. Rooms are nice, scale of 1 to 10, 10.

1 Thank BahamasJoe03
Arlington
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Embassy Suites Memorial Day Weekend. The hotel common areas were nicer than I was expecting. The hotel was mostly very clean although there was vomit in front of the hotel bell stand when we arrived and it was still there when we left several days later. Our hotel bathroom was clean but not spotless. Our hotel breakfast was better than most complimentary breakfasts. Breakfast does not begin until 7:30 on the weekend and there was a group of 20-30 waiting for service to start each morning. The hotel might consider starting breakfast at 7:00. the rooms are large with a separate bedroom and living area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Check-in and Check-out were a breeze. I can recommend this hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: This is an atrium style hotel, but our room on the 4th floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank markandkarenbrown
Oklahoma
Reviewed May 27, 2013

They were wonderful to us after the Moore tornado. I wish I could of stayed under different circumstances, but it was nice. Breakfast was great; we got full before returning to the mess of the tornado destruction. We love Embassy Suites.

1 Thank clem238
Sebastopol, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Want a perfect front office in and out experience, a clean hotel that delivers what it promises and more, then Embassy Suites in Norman, OK delivers. Food and service is great for this type of venue. The Internet works but should be speeded up; $10/day is too much money for its lackluster data rate. Other than slow Internet, I recommend this hotel wholeheartedly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business