Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Norman
The Woodlands, Texas
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I say here 5-6 times per year and it is always the exact same. It is always clean, the people are always very friendly and the breakfast is excellent. It is just as clean as the day it opened (I was one of their first guests) and I know I can count on it every time. My only complaint is the pillows are way too soft, they don't really support my head. Overall that is minor, I just double up. The manager's reception every weekday night is always good. The man that makes the omelets, etc. for breakfast has been there since they opened. He is very good at his job.

2 Thank HoustonTexan90
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
To our guest from Houston,

Thank you for your comments and for you loyalty in choosing to stay with us while in the area. We truly appreciate your business!

I will look forward to sharing your comments regarding our cleanliness, manager’s reception, as well as to our omelet chef. I know that Sam will greatly appreciate your comments!
We look forward to seeing you in the near future and extend any assistance if you should need it.

Michael Vance

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at this Embassy property. It was a great choice. The hotel seems very new. The staff was nice. The halls were wider than other Embassy suites that I have stayed at prior. The morning chef was astonishing. Several in line made comments about his ability to stay ahead of us. Amazing!

1 Thank Donna H
Thank you to our guest from Denver!

We greatly appreciate the time you took to share your experiences.
We just passed our four year anniversary since opening here in Norman, OK and our team works to stay focused on keeping a clean and well maintained facility.
Thank you for your comments on our breakfast Chef. Sam along with the entire team in our complimentary breakfast area has a passion for service and stands ready to assist in any way to ensure we exceed your expectations.

Thank you again for your feedback. We do hope to see you again when your travels return you to the area!

In the spirit of hospitality,

Muskogee
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a soccer game. Looks brand new, clean, everyone was extremely nice and helpful. Nate with the breakfast staff was so nice. I didn't even have to get up for more juice, he was there to get it for me. Great service. The only negative was the walls seemed a little thin, but I always travel with a noise maker to block out any noises. Other than that a wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jean5sons
Thank you for your comments regarding the condition of our facilities and the service extended by our breakfast staff. I will look forward to sharing your remarks to our entire team!

We are greatly appreciative that you chose to stay with us with your family and hope that we may be of service should your travels return you to the area!
Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can ever be of assistance.

Tennessee
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Don't get me wrong, this hotel is nice and in a good area. I had the unfortunate experience of having something of value stolen from my room. It occurred a few months back, and it has resolved itself, but I felt I needed to warn other potential hotel visitors. The rooms do include a safe....it's just in a strange location and is not marked. I found out the hard way. Be sure to look under the kitchen sink cabinet...and you will find the safe. I was unaware of this, and hid my valuables in a drawer. Bad idea. However, I wanted to pass this along so this does not happen to anyone else.The manager was very helpful. The entire management team acted quickly on my behalf to get the issue resolved, and for that I am grateful. Other than that, the hotel is nice and clean, and has good food. Those things, plus a nice bar and comfotable bed will give you an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Travelinstyle35
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
To our guest from Tennessee,

Thank you for taking the time to share your remarks regarding your visit several months ago.
I can assure you that we take a very strong position on any concerns related to the overall safety and welfare of our guests and team members alike and we were concerned to read your comments. I was pleased to see that the matter resolved itself since and assure you that we do not tolerate anyone jeopardizing our long standing reputation of not having issues of this nature.

As you mentioned, we do provide safes in all of our guestrooms for the convenience and comfort of mind of our guests. Should you find yourself traveling and in need of a safe for valuables it is good to check with the front desk to inquire if there is one located in the guestroom. Often times if there is not a safe in the guestroom, the front desk may have them available for signing out and accessible throughout your visit.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Embassy Suites Norman Hotel and Conference Center
Oklahoma
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have stayed several times at this hotel and it's always great. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The free breakfast is an added bonus. It has super deep bathtubs which are getting more rare in newer hotels. If you are in the area and need a hotel you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WDWJody
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
To our guests from Oklahoma!

Thanks so much for the kind comments. We’re glad to see that you enjoyed this most recent visit and we appreciate your loyalty knowing that you have visited on several occasions.
Great comments on our guestroom suites, bath, and breakfast. Guests that frequent Embassy Suites recognize these as added value that helps to differentiate ourselves from other brands.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we may be of assistance!

Norman Embassy Suites Hotel and Conference Center
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at Norman Embassy Suites this past weekend for a board meeting and retreat. The hotel was easy to find with GPS, and was very clean and well appointed. The staff was welcoming and friendly, finding our reservations without delay. The bellman (Bill) was sure to make us feel welcome and showed us some of the finer details of our room. I appreciated that! He also told us if we wanted to go to dinner in the area, there was a shuttle available. The room was beautiful and beds and bedding were fabulous. We had issues with our TV remote, called for help (at 10:30pm) and the engineer they sent up fixed the problem immediately. Our group wanted to have dinner in the hotel and were told that it would be a 15 minute wait before we could be seated. There were only 1 or 2 other tables occupied in the whole restaurant. Really? 15 minutes... After we were seated we were informed they were out of Iced Tea. Right off the bat! Who runs out of tea? How long does it take to make iced tea? Then they were out of one of the entrees and one of the desserts. OK, maybe we were a large table (12), but they did know we were here to help plan our yearly conference. Or should have. Our server was darling, very helpful and efficient. On a better note the morning breakfast buffet was really wonderful. The omelet station could also make pancakes if you wished, and the eggs were very tasty. They also offered scrambled eggs on the "run thru" buffet for people who were in a real hurry. The omelet chef and the servers were great and we felt very pampered. All in all a great weekend at the Norman Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: We asked for adjoining rooms when we made reservations and were told that they could only do that at...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you to our neighbors to the north from Tulsa!

We greatly appreciate your feedback and I look forward to sharing with everyone here, especially to Bill.

My apologies regarding your dinner experience. This is certainly not the level of service we expect to deliver and your feedback will be shared with the appropriate team members.
Thank you also for your positive remarks on our breakfast team. I know that they will appreciate your feedback.

We do hope to see you again in the near future! Please do not hesitate to call on us if we may be of assistance.

Safe Travels,

Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The rooms are great and the hotel itself is such a nice establishment for the area, which is growing very fast in Norman. Wonderful location off the highway and close to lots of restaurants and shopping.

The service was terrible, especially the bar! When you advertise so much about your happy hour being free then why hire two of the most laziest bar tenders who won't even take more than one drink order at a time. It was almost like they were told to act this way towards the hotel guests.

Next time I'll go somewhere else for happy hour!

I will stay here again but just for the size of the rooms and cleanliness.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Squig7711
To our neighbors in Edmond,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your bar experience. I have reached out to you in a separate email in hopes to get additional information on your experience.

Based on your comments, it appears that you are referring to our complimentary manager’s reception area. There can never by an excuse for rude behavior and I assure you that your comments will be shared with the appropriate team members to address accordingly.

I have reached out to you under separate email in hopes to get additional information with specific dates, etc. I value all feedback as it allows us to seek to continuously improve on our service and facilities. It is most appreciated.

I do appreciate your comments on our room size and cleanliness and will be sharing these comments to the appropriate team members as well.

Embassy Suited Norman Hotel and Conference Center