“Great like all Embassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Oklahoma
“Great like all Embassy Suites”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have stayed several times at this hotel and it's always great. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The free breakfast is an added bonus. It has super deep bathtubs which are getting more rare in newer hotels. If you are in the area and need a hotel you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WDWJody
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
To our guests from Oklahoma!

Thanks so much for the kind comments. We’re glad to see that you enjoyed this most recent visit and we appreciate your loyalty knowing that you have visited on several occasions.
Great comments on our guestroom suites, bath, and breakfast. Guests that frequent Embassy Suites recognize these as added value that helps to differentiate ourselves from other brands.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we may be of assistance!

Norman Embassy Suites Hotel and Conference Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Korean first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at Norman Embassy Suites this past weekend for a board meeting and retreat. The hotel was easy to find with GPS, and was very clean and well appointed. The staff was welcoming and friendly, finding our reservations without delay. The bellman (Bill) was sure to make us feel welcome and showed us some of the finer details of our room. I appreciated that! He also told us if we wanted to go to dinner in the area, there was a shuttle available. The room was beautiful and beds and bedding were fabulous. We had issues with our TV remote, called for help (at 10:30pm) and the engineer they sent up fixed the problem immediately. Our group wanted to have dinner in the hotel and were told that it would be a 15 minute wait before we could be seated. There were only 1 or 2 other tables occupied in the whole restaurant. Really? 15 minutes... After we were seated we were informed they were out of Iced Tea. Right off the bat! Who runs out of tea? How long does it take to make iced tea? Then they were out of one of the entrees and one of the desserts. OK, maybe we were a large table (12), but they did know we were here to help plan our yearly conference. Or should have. Our server was darling, very helpful and efficient. On a better note the morning breakfast buffet was really wonderful. The omelet station could also make pancakes if you wished, and the eggs were very tasty. They also offered scrambled eggs on the "run thru" buffet for people who were in a real hurry. The omelet chef and the servers were great and we felt very pampered. All in all a great weekend at the Norman Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: We asked for adjoining rooms when we made reservations and were told that they could only do that at...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you to our neighbors to the north from Tulsa!

We greatly appreciate your feedback and I look forward to sharing with everyone here, especially to Bill.

My apologies regarding your dinner experience. This is certainly not the level of service we expect to deliver and your feedback will be shared with the appropriate team members.
Thank you also for your positive remarks on our breakfast team. I know that they will appreciate your feedback.

We do hope to see you again in the near future! Please do not hesitate to call on us if we may be of assistance.

Safe Travels,

Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The rooms are great and the hotel itself is such a nice establishment for the area, which is growing very fast in Norman. Wonderful location off the highway and close to lots of restaurants and shopping.

The service was terrible, especially the bar! When you advertise so much about your happy hour being free then why hire two of the most laziest bar tenders who won't even take more than one drink order at a time. It was almost like they were told to act this way towards the hotel guests.

Next time I'll go somewhere else for happy hour!

I will stay here again but just for the size of the rooms and cleanliness.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Squig7711
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
To our neighbors in Edmond,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your bar experience. I have reached out to you in a separate email in hopes to get additional information on your experience.

Based on your comments, it appears that you are referring to our complimentary manager’s reception area. There can never by an excuse for rude behavior and I assure you that your comments will be shared with the appropriate team members to address accordingly.

I have reached out to you under separate email in hopes to get additional information with specific dates, etc. I value all feedback as it allows us to seek to continuously improve on our service and facilities. It is most appreciated.

I do appreciate your comments on our room size and cleanliness and will be sharing these comments to the appropriate team members as well.

Embassy Suited Norman Hotel and Conference Center
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here during an interview period for a potential job. The hotel was great. There is a nice breakfast, huge rooms, pool, and great lobby area. The staff is what makes the hotel stand out. They were all fabulous!

• Stayed October 2012
To our guests from Orlando!

Thanks so much for your kind words regarding our facilities and staff. I’m glad to see that our team made you feel welcome and hopefully with a sense of belonging, especially being away from home and here for an interview.

I will be certain to share your comments with everyone here at the hotel and thank them for helping to make a difference during your stay.

Safe travels to you and best on your job interviewing!

Embassy Suites Norman Hotel and Conference Center
Peoria, IL
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We have stayed here a dozen times in the last few years. It is a nice Embassy
Suites, but we mainly stayed because it was pet-friendly. This visit, while we were walking through the bar to get outside, a manager told us "no pets in any area that serves food" including ALL of the lobby. Previously we would get a drink, and munchies, and sit with our dogs in the common area. The manager told us dogs were to be in our room. Okay, but not worth the $50 pet fee. If you are traveling with a pet, you can probably do better. If you just want a clean room, you can find better value. We were very disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Piatravelgal
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
To our guest from IL,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding our pet policies. We do consider ourselves a pet friendly environment as we do allow pets. We have welcome treats for our four legged friends as well as ample green space to walk your pets. It sounds as though in the past you have experienced this aspect of our hotel.

With regards to pets in areas that serve food and beverage, this is strictly prohibited by health code with exception to service animals and we must abide by this for the safety and comfort of all guests. We do have a seating area closer to the front door that may be permitted as long as there is no food and beverage consumption in the area.

I do apologize for the inconvenience and negative perception that this may have caused you which led you to rate us 1 out of a possible 5. We will be sharing your feedback with members of our team to ensure that we are consistent in our communication where pets are permitted.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel when we were in Norman for a football game at the University of Oklahoma. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The manager's reception is nice. There is a large lobby and bar area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
To our neighbors from Edmond!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and for selecting us as your home away from home for the OU game.

I will look forward in sharing your feedback with our team and know that they too will appreciate hearing that you enjoyed your time with us.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we may be of assistance for future visits!

Best,

OKC
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have been doing business for a few years now so returning to the facility is becoming like seeing old friends. Some differences this year were a series of pre-conference meetings, the final one including representatives from each department -- catering, engineering, lodging, tech, etc. Knowing each others faces and names was very helpful, as were the gold key pins which made our contracting staff easily identifiable, and of course the radios.

We received many positive comments on the refreshments and lunches. The London Broil with roasted vegetables and a salad was delicious; however, the size of the round buffet tables does not lend well to reaching or passing salad dressings or other condiments. Plated club sandwiches with pasta salad were served the next day. The sandwiches were huge! Desserts selected for both days included the Tuxedo Bomb (always a big hit), Tiramisu, Cheesecake, and all were awesome. The serving staff is very unobtrusive. You hardly notice they are there but they take excellent care of you.

If coffee urns, creamers, water pitchers, etc. needed refilling, the staff was very responsive and prompt. While I appreciate them not using styrofoam (from an environmental standpoint) and understand the elegance of nice serviceware, the temperature of the room chilling the cups contributes to cooling coffee too quickly. The stations set up for used cups and glasses tended to become overflowing before staff attended to them, but imagine how many staff it would take to run around picking up after approximately 350 people.

A difference for me this year was that I lodged at the facility during the conference. My first evening there an unexpected knock on my door involved complimentary wine, cheese, crackers and fruit, and lovely hand-written note from the staff. The room was clean, spacious and well-appointed. The lighting in the bathrooms is not very conducive for makeup and grooming, and I would recommend better lighting than a single can/pot light by the bedroom closet. Housekeeping did an excellent job of keeping my room clean and well-supplied including leaving a second ashtray when I left a note. Unfortunately, another attendee a few doors down from me did not have a similar experience and had no kleenex for 2 days.

I used Room Service for an evening meal once during my stay and although the staff was quick and courteous I found the overall quality of the food (sliders, baked potato, and asparagus) disappointing, and heard similar comments from other conference attendees. However, I will say that such has often been my experience with any hotel's room service.

I utilized the pool and hot tub on two evenings, one of which I was the only person in the place. It was clean, spacious and relaxing. However, as a smoker, I would have appreciated some lounging furniture and smoking receptacles in the fenced outdoor area accessed from the pool. Sometimes the door was locked and people couldn't get out there at all.

The breakfast buffet was good. The offerings were the same every day but there's always the omlette station to break the monotony. I found the Manager's Reception to be a little light, offering only cheese, crackers, veggies and dip, but I can understand the practicality of that instead of hot items. My cocktail was well prepared but I prefer a better bourbon.

I have to say just walking through the various areas of the facility is a pleasant experience -- the finishes, furnishings, and friendly staff make it so. As I said as I was leaving, "If I have to be homesick, this is the place to do it."

Room Tip: Second floor is where the smoking rooms are. Mine overlooked the roof and air conditioning but I co...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
To our guests from OKC!

Thank you for taking the time to provide a very thorough overview of your visit. Needless to say, judging by your comments, you attended a conference at our facility.

I will be sharing your feedback to our banquet and catering department as well as our culinary team regarding your overall food experiences, including your room service experience. This is excellent feedback that will allow us to address accordingly.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your room and the pool and fitness areas as well.

Once again, thanks so much for choosing us as your host hotel. Please do not hesitate to call on us if we may be of assistance for future events!