Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
“We will stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Stayed for one day didnt have time to partake in the evening kickbacks however breakfast was very good, but didnt care for the coffee it wasn't brewed it was from a machine. The room was a suite and very roomy. Our room was on the 8th floor facing Norman and we could see the OU stadium, I imagine during football season its an awesome sight. Next stay will be longer so we can utilize the perks. The only part I didnt care for was we only had a sheet and a comforter that was made of satin so it slid off in the middle of the night. I usually travel with my own blanket and this time did not and froze. We really want to enjoy this hotel and will return at a later time to do so!

• Stayed April 2012
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
To our guests from Oklahoma!

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share!

We appreciate your feedback including your comment about our coffee. We’ll be certain to share with the appropriate individuals.

I am pleased to say that we have changed all of our guestroom bedding to a new style and that we do not have any issues with our bedding sliding off of the bed! We understand the importance of a good night rest and we have taken appropriate measures to make this happen.

We do hope to be of service in the future. Please do not hesitate to call on us if we may be of assistance!

Michael
Michael Vance

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Korean first
Pinoso, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

I have stayed at this Embassy Suites on several occasions for conferences held at the hotel and have always enjoyed my stay. This last trip in March was no exception. The rooms are always very comfortable and quiet as the bedrooms are behind the living room and therefore away from the atrium, where some noise can be heard from the bar area on busy evenings. The fridge and microwave in the rooms are useful when staying for several days.

Not sure if the bedding has been replaced recently, but the quilt (comforter) kept falling off the bed in the night, I don’t recollect this problem during previous stays. Other members in our group were complaining about the same thing.

Breakfasts are always good and well stocked with plenty of choice but it can get really busy on weekends.

The Happy Hour was advertised as being from 4.00 until 7.00 on a sign by the bar and on television screens down the meeting rooms corridor; it was in fact open from 5.30 to 7.30 on all the nights that I was there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
To our friends from Spain!

Thank you for your very kind remarks regarding your stay and for being a repeat guest. We greatly appreciate your business and the time you took to share your experience.

We appreciate your remarks regarding our bedding. Actually our bedding is not new; however, we are looking to bring in a new bedding package later this year that will not present the same concerns with the duvet sliding off of the bed! Hopefully upon your return we will have these in place.

Thank you also for the comments on breakfast and our happy hour postings. I believe where the confusion may have occurred was that our standard lounge area where we sell beverages does a “happy hour” at the times you mentioned whereas our complimentary manager’s reception is hosted between the hours of 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. I can see from your perspective where this can be confusing and we will be reviewing this for possible changes.

We do look forward to your next visit and offer any assistance you might need for future planning.

All the best to you throughout your travels!

Kind Regards,
HOUSTON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

This relatively new property (circa +/-2009) was in excellent condition, located well and a good value for the special rate money. This hotel is also a convention center, so the property is pretty large. Depending on any conventions in residence, the wait for the custom breakfast could be long, but the other options of scrambled eggs, meat, biscuits, pastries, fruit, oatmeal, etc. are enough to please the finickiest of guests.

The rooms were roomy and extremely quiet.

I'd stay there again!

(oh, but our room's frig still had leftover pizza in the frig and another room had a clothes hanger on the floor).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lhobbs
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
To our neighbors to our south from Houston!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am pleased to see that you found the overall condition of the hotel in excellent condition. The overall cleanliness and maintenance of our facilities is a top priority of ours to ensure our guests’ comfort.

My apologies for any delay in our breakfast area. Our complimentary breakfast buffet and cook to order omelet station can get quite busy. I’ll be sure to share your remarks with our team. In addition, I apologize for having found leftover items in the refrigerator. This is completely unacceptable and will be reviewed with our housekeeping team.

Thank you again for your time. We value all of our guests’ feedback as it allows us to continuously look to improve on all of our services.

We look forward to being of service to you and your family in the future.

Safe Travels!
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights while attending a wedding at the hotel. During my stay, the hotel also hosted a very large convention and was fully booked.

Overall, the hotel is very nice -- looks new and clean. Rooms are nicely furnished, including fridge and microwave. Good assortment of TV channels. Nice free breakfast. The comforter on the bed was a bit slippery, and tended to slide off during the night.

Two things occurred which made me give the 3* rating -- first, the room had no clock in the bedroom. I spoke to the manager about this and she said that one would be sent up, but they never brought it. Second, much more significant, was that my room was not cleaned on Saturday. I was gone most of the day and returned to the room around 4PM and was surprised to see that the room hadn't been cleaned yet. I called the front desk and they said that the cleaners were still working and that the room would be cleaned soon. A few minutes later, the maid knocked on the door. We were getting ready to go out, and asked if she could return in about 10 minutes. I returned to the room around 8:30 PM and discovered that the room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk, and they sent someone at 8:45 PM, so I had to be out of the room for an hour while they cleaned.

The manager was very good about it when I mentioned the situation the next morning, and credited me for the night. However, I think the big issue here is that they did not have enough cleaners working for the number of guests -- at best on this day my room wasn't going to be cleaned before 5 or 6PM, and that's not acceptable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank chbruce
To our guests from LA,

We appreciate your feedback!

Please accept my apologies for the housekeeping services not being as they should be. There certainly should have been a clock in the room and your room should have been cleaned prior to 4 p.m. We’ll be sharing your comments to our team to ensure we address theses types of scenarios.

I was pleased to see that the manager on duty responded when notified of the challenge. Proper response and understanding is critical when we have mishaps and it appeared to have been dealt with appropriately.

Once again, we value you as our guests and we appreciate hearing from you!

We look forward to your return. Please do not hesitate to call on us if we may be of assistance!

Best to you and your family,
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

Stayed here for Valentines Day 2012. Loved it. Room was super clean, bed was really comfortable. Bar downstairs was awesome. We were the only ones using the hot tub and indoor pool at the time which was nice. Overall a great hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
To our friends in OKC!

Thanks so very much for sharing your remarks. We’re pleased to have been of service over Valentines Day!

I will certainly be sharing your comments with our entire staff (as we do all feedback). I know that everyone will be happy to know that all went well.

Please know that we are here to be of service and hope to see you again soon. Being so close to Oklahoma City, we’re still a great place just minutes down the road to get away and relax, enjoy a complimentary breakfast, evening reception, and a very spacious pool and hot tub!

Again, thanks so much. Please let us know if we may be of assistance!

Be well and enjoy your travels!

oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

Property is only three years old. Typical Embassy Suites set-up for most part. Breakfast area is huge and the food was much better than I've received at other Embassy's. Room was very clean, staff was very helpful and friendly. Love staying at the Hampton Inn in Bricktown, but I think my wife and I now have a new favorite hotel for our getaways.

Hint: If you r schedule is flexible, you can get a great deal to stay here on travel web sites that the hotel chain won't otherwise offer. We were able to book for around $100/night.

Room Tip: Ask for the higher floors- better views.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
To our guest from Oklahoma!

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay. We greatly appreciate your thoughts and will be forwarding your remarks to our staff for their review.

We are always excited to know that our guests have enjoyed their visit to “our home” and hopefully helped to make you feel comfortable and created a sense of belonging while visiting.

We’re glad you enjoyed your breakfast experience. The complimentary breakfast buffet and additional cook to order breakfast items is often a pleasant surprise with our guests, especially for those who have not experienced an Embassy Suites Hotel. We are especially appreciative to have the opportunity to operate a newer facility that features great space and design elements.

We’re glad to hear that you found a new home with us in the Norman/Oklahoma City area and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Please do not hesitate to call on us if we may be of assistance.

Carrollton, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

My husband made an advance reservation online, then found out his group had a group rate. I called back and spent more than half an hour on the phone with several different people in different departments to try to get the group discount, only to be told that they could not issue us the cheaper group rate because our payment had already been processed. The people on the phone were polite but apparently unable to do anything to help us. I was not impressed with their customer service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kristin E
To our guests from Texas,

We appreciate the time that you took to share your experience with us. I understand your frustration in attempting to reverse a reservation that was required to be purchased in advance.

The advance purchase rates are generally always lower than regular published rates. These are sold through third party sites such as Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, etc. as well as the Embassy Hotels' website with the understanding that the buyer accepts the terms and conditions in order to take advantage of the lower rate offered and are considered non-refundable.

I understand in your comments, there was a lower group rate available and I do apologize for the inconveniences that this caused you.

Please know that you do value your business and hope to be of service in the future.

Please do not hesitate to call if we may be of assistance.

Kind Regards,