“standard but good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Charleston's Restaurant

Charleston's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 329 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Norman, Ok
“standard but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

You won't find anything unusual here, but you will find decent food and almost always a great wait staff. Wish sometimes they weren't quite so programmed, but they are helpful and attentive to even the smallest problem.The bartenders are all outstanding.The range of food on the menu is wide...soups, huge and tasty salads, and the usual chicken, fish and beef fare. They are really good about substitutions or having it "your way."
A larger more imaginative choice of wines and spirits, plus a better quality wine glass would make my frequent Charleston experience more enjoyable.

• Visited February 2012

“Great Cobb Salad!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

We live this place! It's usually a little loud inside but the food makes it worth it, just about everything is good but my all time favorite would be their salads. Even the house side salad comes fully loaded with the most amazing warm bread. Wait staff is still a little stuck up (maybe its a Norman thing?) but you get great service anyways.

1 Thank Pipersbs
Shanghai Region, China
“Wants Champagne salad keeps me coming back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

If I want to have a nice conversation with someone over a salad- this is where I come. Walts salad is the best! I love the booths with their candles---feels private and cozy

1 Thank GlobalPassion
Palm Beach, Florida
“Good Eats”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

After a long day of driving, it was a pleasure that we could walk from our motel to this restaurant. We were seated promptly. Our server was a school teacher who worked here part time. She was able to offer my wife several options for wine. I had an adult drink. Both of us were happy. My wife had catfish, mashed potato and carrots which she said were delicious. I had shrimp which was also delicious. The atmosphere was quite pleasant and the prices moderate. We were both in shorts which was not out of place. Our server helped make the dinner quite pleasant. We'd have no problem returning for another good meal.

• Visited August 2011
Paxton, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

My wife and I ate at Charleston's in July. I ordered the West End Chicken and it was excellent. My wife got the filet with a sauce (don't remember exactly, but some kind of red/wine sauce). The steak was good, but the chicken won the night for us. The staff impressed us by being super friendly. The wait staff was very busy taking care of all tables...whether or not it was their "own" ...almost to distraction as they buzzed past. Our orders were accurate, the margarita's were really good!
We thought the prices were a bit high, but not out of line. We also thought it was slightly noisy for this type of place. Bottom line>>If we're in the area we will eat there again.

• Visited July 2011