“Outstanding”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norman
Montford Inn and Cottages
Ranked #1 of 6 Norman B&B and Inns
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
“Outstanding”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We found the Montford Inn on the Internet while looking for a B&B for a short get-away vacation. Turned out it was all we had hoped for - plenty of well-kept room, great service, excellent breakfasts, and willing to help whenever anything was needed. So glad we found it, and another benefit is the Montford Inn was close to the museums and other sights we wanted to see. Thank you, folks at Montford Inn. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
whmdad, Owner at Montford Inn and Cottages, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
We will, William! Reading that your stay at the Montford Inn was all you'd hoped for absolutely made our day. We'd love to have you back next time you're in need of a short getaway!

The Murrays and Montford Inn Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Generally, I'm not a fan of B&Bs (too stuffy, not enough privacy), but I stayed at the Montford Inn for work and loved it! It was comfortable, but didn't feel intrusive. The breakfasts were amazing and there was tea and coffee available 24 hours in the lobby. The bed was comfortable and the room was well appointed. I think I was in the Alumni Room (the one with the private jacuzzi). I really enjoyed my stay. My only suggestion would be to have more light in the room and to turn down the heat at night (it was so hot I had to keep a window open). There were only two dim lights and even during the day it was on the dark side. I would definitely stay here if I returned to OU.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
whmdad, Owner at Montford Inn and Cottages, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
We'll be sure to keep your suggestion of turning the heat down in mind going forward! Thanks for staying with us when you were in Norman, and thanks for your kind words. We'd love to have you back if ever you find yourself planning another trip to OU!

The Murrays and Montford Inn Staff
Urbana, IL
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have stayed at the Montford Inn many times over the years and it is always a pleasure. The people who own and operate the inn are always helpful and friendly. The breakfast is always delicious, and the location cannot be topped. I stayed recently while visit at OU. It is a 5 minute bike ride or a 15 minute walk to the OU campus. I walked to dinner both nights and had my choice of several very good/excellent restaurants. The Legacy Trail is two blocks from the inn and is a great facility for walking, bicycling, and seeing the community. The rooms are always comfortable and provide the usual amenities including extra towels, large comfortable beds, and toiletries. I have stayed in the cottages and they are quaint and lovely. It is quiet, unless the occasional train nearby bothers you. I never even notice it. I will be back! The Montford is a jewel in the crown of Norman.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
whmdad, Owner at Montford Inn and Cottages, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Best B&B around? We'll take it! Thank you so much for this glowing recommendation. We know other reviewers will appreciate your attention to detail as much as we do!

McKinney, Texas
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Montford Inn for a weekend getaway. We were looking for a quiet, comfortable place to stay for a couple of days. The Montford Inn was just that. We stayed in Chickasaw Rancher and enjoyed the comfortable room with the fireplace for the chilly evenings. It was clean and quiet and the breakfasts we had there were very tasty. We also enjoyed the delicious cookies in the evening. All the staff we encountered were very kind and welcoming.

Room Tip: The Inn is fairly close to the train tracks, so there are relatively frequent trains going by (some...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
whmdad, Owner at Montford Inn and Cottages, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
It's great to hear your stay at our place was everything you wanted and more! Thanks for coming to see us, and thanks for following up with such kind words. We'd love to have you back again soon!

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay! Very quiet place & the Owner, Phyllis, and her staff made us feel right at home. The hot tub right outside the room was awesome on the cold, wintery night we stayed at the Montford. We would definitely recommend the Montford.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
whmdad, Owner at Montford Inn and Cottages, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you so much! It's great to hear you felt "right at home" when you stayed with us. That's ultimately what we want for each of our guests, and we're thrilled that we hit the mark with you!

Until next time,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My son & I stayed at the Montford Inn in Norman Oklahoma and I cannot express in words how fabulous the experience was for us .. The breakfasts are homemade, fresh as can be and delicious as a way to begin the day. The welcoming and the hospitality made us feel so at home. The rooms could not be more comfortable or tasteful…Simply delicious and fabulous!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
whmdad, Owner at Montford Inn and Cottages, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you, Susan! It was a pleasure having you and your son here; we're thrilled that you enjoyed every part of your stay so much. We'd love to see you again next time you're up this way!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We always stay at the Montford when in town visiting family. They are so thoughtful, remembering things like how my husband doesn't like a footboard on his bed and that I like ripe fruit for breakfast. Best place in Norman by far!

• Stayed December 2013
whmdad, Owner at Montford Inn and Cottages, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
"Home away from home" — that's just what we like to hear! Thanks for always thinking of us when you're in town visiting family. We're lucky to have loyal guests in you and your husband!

Until next time,