“Great Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norman
Montford Inn and Cottages
Ranked #1 of 6 Norman B&B and Inns
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Great Experience”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We love the Montford Inn in Norman. We wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. It is locally owned by a wonderful family with deep roots in Norman. They know the area well and are OU alumni. They not only provide comfortable accommodations and a hearty breakfast, but rich tradition as well. You feel like family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Alisalfan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our daughter was attending the University for her Masters program. We traveled to Norman at least twice yearly to hear her perform. We tried the cheaper hotels but they are far from the school. After our first stay at Montford we wouldn't stay anywhere else. The rooms are quiet, beds very comfortable and the service is excellent. The rooms in the house are designed to be private - we especially love the Chickasaw Rancher. On our last stay it was full so we stayed in the Marketplace Cottage at a discount. Why stay here - location, service, kind hosts, quiet, great beds and - oh, and the tubs are amazing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My daughter and I stay twice a year for a weekend getaway! Great place to stay, staff is awesome and take really good care of us. My daughter has a very restrictive diet from health issues and they went out of their way to accommodate us. Can't wait till November for our next stay, we are working our way through all the rooms at the inn!

• Stayed March 2013
Dallas, TX
Reviewed March 17, 2013

After reading the great reviews, I booked a room at the Montford for me & my daughter for a college visit to OU. What a wonderful choice! We were greeted warmly, our room was clean and comfortable, there was wine and cookies offered and we got a fantastic restaurant recommendation (Bienenuti's! Yum!). The location is perfect for visiting OU- everything is within walking distance and we felt like we were in the center of everything yet removed to a quiet osasis once we stepped into the Inn.
Breakfast was really great- banana/pecan/buttermilk pancakes with fresh fruit and those yummy smoothies. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We were downstairs towards the back and it was quiet but the neighborhood is quiet so I think all ro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Regretfully, I barely spent any time here, I was so busy when I was in Norman. It's got a lot!

I arrived late, was whisked away for dinner then dropped off late and had to leave early. I really wish I had had time to have social drinks downstairs with the other guests, which happens every evening.

My room was the Hearthstone, complete with squeaky floor, four-poster covered bed and desk.

I was told the squeak was built-in after the owners visited historic b&bs in New England and wanted to recreate that feeling in Norman, Oklahoma.

My breakfast was rushed (by me) but still managed to be fabulous.

This is a lovely base for discovering the museums and attractions in Norman. I highly recommend the Montford Inn.

Room Tip: Hearthstone was a lovely room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was a cozy and comfortable bed and breakfast, with rustic decor and friendly staff. The innkeepers went out of their way to make me feel at home. The room was clean, the wifi worked well, and the bed was comfortable. One really nice feature was the bathtub with jets, and the (provided) herbal bathsalts to use with the tub. The breakfast was wonderful! They don't have a menu, but have one (I guess you could call it a) special: the morning I was there, it was a spinach and bacon egg scramble with sides of fruit salad and zucchini bread. It was delicious!!! And of course came with as much coffee as I could drink. (I just want to note that they did offer to make something else, so if you're not like me (I eat anything) they are flexible).

Also, it is walking distance to a park, which has a short but nice loop for walking/jogging.

Several reviewers mentioned the train. I did notice the train whistle during the day, but either the train doesn't run at night or I slept right trough it; I did not get woken up at all.

I loved staying here, and I hope you will too!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Durant, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My best friend and I stayed here over the New Year's weekend. Pam graciously met us as we arrived with wine, cider and lemon cookies. What a lovely touch after traveling all day. We stayed in the Homesteaders Room. Which was lovely. We used the common areas more (especially around the fireplace). We found the inn to be comfortable and inviting. Breakfast each morning was served promptly and they were very accommodating with my friends gluten free diet. The location is ideal for Norman. The inn is just a block off of main street. Loved it and we will return.

Room Tip: The Homesteader tends to be a very warm room, so we had them close the vents to cool off, but if you...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends