“Very Nice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norman
Montford Inn and Cottages
Ranked #1 of 6 Norman B&B and Inns
Oklahoma
“Very Nice”
Reviewed May 6, 2008

We loved the Montford except for the train noise. It is conveniently located near downtown so that you can walk to some restaurants. It is a block from the public library and a local park. When we were there, the local arts festival was being held at the nearby park. We stayed in the Marketplace which was very cozy. The food was excellent and we were serve fruit smoothies at each breakfast along with the food.

The only negative was that the property is about 4 blocks from the train tracks and there are early morning trains that are noisy.

Stayed May 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Massachusetts
Reviewed May 5, 2008

I collaborate with the University of Oklahoma and stay at the Montford Inn almost all the time when I'm in Norman visiting the university. The rooms are very comfortable with jacuzzi's, tubs, or nice showers. The family that runs the Inn is very friendly and gracious. Breakfast is yummy! After a long day of work it is a great place to relax.

My only (mild) criticism is the coffee. I like it stronger.

• Liked — hot tub
  • Disliked — coffee
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Oklahoma
Reviewed March 22, 2008

We just recently returned from our stay at The Montford in Norman Ok. This was our third trip to this Bed and Breakfast. We love it there! The staff is so friendly and they really make you feel at home. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. We have stayed in the big house and in one of the cottages. Both are wonderful! The breakfast is always delicious! This a great place to get away from it all!

Stayed March 2008
ckkennedy
Reviewed March 18, 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at the Montford Inn for our 2nd anniversary. Although we live in Norman, the Montford Inn offered the perfect place for us to retreat for a weekend without having to plan tons of time to travel. In a word, the weekend was perfect. We stayed in the room, Chickasaw Rancher, and we loved it. It was so cozy--with a fireplace, sofa, reading chair, plenty of windows to offer natural light, and a king-sized bed. We enjoyed the quiet and relaxing atmosphere of the Inn which allowed us to sleep in, read, and spend some valuable hours sharing our hearts with each other. The breakfast and the service was an additional treat. All of the workers were so friendly and warm--making sure we were enjoying our stay. My husband and I will treasure this weekend as it offered us the opportunity to escape the mundane routine of life in our very backyard. The Montford Inn is a gem (including the family who runs it), and we plan on making a weekend trip like this an annual tradition--it was relaxing, refreshing, and invaluable.

• Liked — Quiet atmosphere and lovely room.
  • Disliked — Expensive
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Rhode Island
Reviewed March 7, 2008

I have stayed at the Montford Inn twice while visiting my daughter at OU. Over the years I have stayed at many B&Bs/Inn all over the country and I have to say this is one of my favorites. The rooms were so comfortable, the breakfast was delicious and interesting (best smoothies!) and the yard/porch were so relaxing. There were so many nice touches like baskets of complimentary water bottles and cookies/wine/lemonade in the evening...even bottle of bubbles on the front porch. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the property was immaculate. I will definitely stay here whenever I visit Norman and recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — Fantastic breakfasts
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
san diego
Reviewed February 27, 2008

We've stayed in alot of nice places, and Montford Inn ranks right up there with the best. The cottage was beautifully decorated and spacious, two fireplaces made it very cozy for February, bed and shower just right. Breakfast was wonderful and the staff was very hospitable. My only nitpicky complaint was the coffee...I need a nice strong cup of coffee in the morning. Otherwise, a very nice place to stay.

• Liked — Cottage with two fireplaces
  • Disliked — weak coffee
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
tulsa, ok
Reviewed February 4, 2008

It is a wonderful bed & breakfast. It isn't fancy but very good quality and everything I needed. The staff is very helpful, the linens soft like home and enough space between suites to provide adequate privacy. We had a lovely stay and I expect to return when in Norman.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple