“Great Breakfast”
Review of The Diner

The Diner
Ranked #23 of 340 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: Diner
Description: Award-winning diner featured on the Food Network's DINERS, DRIVE-INS AND DIVES and on AMERICAN DINER REVIVAL.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is a very old diner with the very old feel. I ordered a standard breakfast (eggs, hashbrowns, sausage and toast) and it was awesome. The only real issue with this place is that it is very small, so be prepared for a wait. I grew up here and have eaten at this diner more times than I can count and if you show up early or late, you'll be fine. But don't try on a Saturday unless you have time to wait outside for a while. The burgers and fries are awesome too! A little pricey for old school stuff, but worth it just for the old town feel. Every time I go in there I am reminded of the good ole days when Main Street was the happening place to be and you just feel welcomed. Try it....you have to do so....at least once!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We tried this diner based on the recommendation of the show Diners, Drive ins, and Dives. We went for the breakfast meal. The place is super small and a party over 4 has no chance of eating together at the same table. Everyone's food looked great but my biscuits and gravy left a bit to be desired. The hash browns were awesome though.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Hole in the wall on Main Street in Norman, Ok. Lived here for 20 years. I've driven past it hundreds of times, always crowded and a line outside--no matter the weather. Stopped a few days after Thanksgiving, stood in line for about 20 minutes, well worth the wait. Ordered the daily breakfast special, on this Saturday it was, eggs your way with green sauce, pinto beans, over grilled corn tortillas with melted cheese and onions, hash browns and coffee for under 10 bucks. "Outstanding"

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This place is a gem! The wife and I live in the DFW area and come up to Oklahoma on occasion on personal business (one of the best custom boot makers is in OKC). This was the first time we found The Diner and we were glad that we did. I love old nostalgic places that remind of the "good old days" of America. Well this place is just that. It has been around since about WWI. The current family that owns and operates it has had it for a few decades now. (We asked about it as we were checking out and there are some cool pictures by the front door from about 1915).

It is a small intimate place with an old time diner feel. It is long and narrow with booths along one wall and stools along the counter on the other side. The décor is old so don't go expecting new and fancy. The old is part of its charm.

We went for breakfast and the food was great. Both of our meals were huge and we left stuffed. I had the Eggarito which was a GIANT stuffed breakfast burrito with eggs, tomatoes, chilis, onions, cheese, and covered in an excellent ranchero sauce. It came with some great home fries. I would definitely recommend.

If you like old time diners don't miss this place.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a Norman Classic, full of good traditional food and atmosphere. There is often a line out front, but if you are hungry it is worth the wait. Breakfast is my favorite.