“Close to campus”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Los Angeles, California
“Close to campus”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The place is nice and close to the University of Oklahoma Norman Campus. So, business is good here with a lot of students visiting. The food quality is good. Prices are reasonable.

• Visited April 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great food and large portions. Went with family on recommendation of son and daughter-in-law. Lived up to all the praise, great food, good value.

Visited August 2012
“Great Thai”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is our favorite Thai food place in Norman. We eat here all the time. My favorite is fried rice and of course pad thai.

Visited July 2012
“Good food!”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Good food, clean, nice atmosphere. Large number of selections and everything I have had has been excellent.

Visited May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Bland Thai food with incompetent service”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Last Memorial Day (2011), I ate at this establishment with a dozen or so of my friends and colleagues for supper. Since we were a large group, we volunteered to eat outside in the near-100-degree heat.

The service was poor. The server assigned to our group was incompetent -- not hostile -- but he ranked among the worst couple of servers I have ever had. Perhaps he was new to the job, but his training should have been better if so. He had a hell of a time taking our orders. Later, he came back to clarify about half of them. When he clarified mine, it was clear to me that he had the absolutely wrong thing down for me.

Eventually, the food arrived. After setting straight that I wanted chicken fried rice, extra spicy, I was served beef pad thai. Nobody in our group had ordered beef pad thai; that's just what I got! Not wanting to delay my supper any further and realizing that the server was a total cupcake, I elected simply to eat the pad thai. Not only was the entree not spicy, it was bland, bland, bland! Although reasonably well prepared, it was not authentic, perhaps catering to the sanitized tastes of locals. The orders of several people in my group were not correct. It was also generally agreed among us (mostly hailing from more ethnic parts of the East Coast) that the food lacked authenticity. The price was slightly high by Oklahoma standards but not out of line.

I do not recommend Pad Thai.

• Visited June 2011