“Pleasant experience.”
Review of Riverwind Casino

Riverwind Casino
Ranked #3 of 32 things to do in Norman
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the hottest Vegas-style action at Riverwind Casino, including over 2,700 electronic games, off-track betting, and 45 gaming tables such as Poker, Blackjack, Ultimate Texas Holdem', 3 Card Poker, and Baccarat. Many world-class acts have taken the stage at the Showplace Theatre. The 1,500-seat theatre is the most luxurious venue in the area. Also in the theatre is a mezzanine area, with a full bar, lounge, and two corporate boxes. We offer a wide selection of restaurants, including Chips 'N Ales, the Willows Buffet and the Seasons Food Court, featuring Burger King®, Rick’s Café, Taco Bueno™ and Panda Express®. Located right in the middle of the casino floor is the Energy Bar, a full bar featuring gaming machines built into the bar.Don’t feel like walking far to park your car? Drop it off at our North or South Valet, and take just a few steps to be on the casino floor. And if you’re too tired to even drive home, stop at the Riverwind Hotel, attached to the casino’s south side by a walkway. The hotel, outfitted with the latest luxurious amenities, has 100 guest rooms, including nine spa suites, a junior suite and a governor suite and is sure to be your gateway to relaxation. For our guests who need to travel by airplane, we are conveniently located 23 miles from Will Rogers World Airport. Nearby is Oklahoma’s “most unique entertainment destination”, the Bricktown Entertainment District, as well as the Winter Creek Golf Course, Sooner Mall, and the University of Oklahoma.
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Pleasant experience.”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Good machines, I actually played on the house most of my stay. I won a gas card too. It's a little smokey for me. Overall great place to gamble.

Visited February 2014
Marek C, Social Media Manager at Riverwind Casino, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Glad you had a great time! Hope to see you again soon.

Edmond, Oklahoma
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“I may have lung cancer from this place”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Went only for seafood buffet at willows, best part was waitress, she was a sweetheart and the food was average. On to the casino.... Omg the smoke was so bad I could hardly breath, absolutely no ventilation. Most of the patrons are scary looking. Will never go back! Hard rock in Tulsa is more fun. This place is white trash heaven.

4 Thank Candie B
So sorry you didn't have a great time. We do have a ventilation system in place, but busier nights (like Fridays) tend to be a little smokier. Hope you can join us again soon as we're constantly trying to improve our patrons' experiences!
norman,ok
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 163 helpful votes
“Riverwind offers very littleincentive to local players to play there”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

i recently tried to rack up a lot of points using riverwinds slot card. I played one night for a couple of hours max betting a penny machine and racked up around 100 points. this is after at least a half dozen trips out there before accumulating 25-30 points a trip basically a couple of hours each time using the slot card. I got a host card contact and she e. mailed me stating i was a mid-level player. The fact i live in norman and am just a mid-level player i did not expect much but i did contact a host about a simple comp for 2 for chip and ales. I'm guessing when i racked up the 91 points i ran 600-800 through a machine? Not a ton of money but considerable amount through any casino. Here is the response i got from a riverwind host! I am sorry you are not satisfied with the comps we offer here. One of the biggest differences between the chickasaw nation and casinos owned by other tribes is that our casinos are a means to an end. we do not operate by large checks but give back to the chickasaw nation and citizens. by consistently offering high level comps(HUH) to mid level players we sacrifice services for the tribe, etc. What i read into this is i realize any casino is in operation to remove you from your expendable income as quickly and painlessly as possible. Real casinos actually comp you partially for your losses to reward you for play. I got a buffet in the mail for my play but limited to not to be uses for the friday night seafood buffet! After this response i am done donating any money there and unless you are a high roller as in having the money to drop 500-1000 every trip to get a decent comp,(high roller) from the word for word response i got from them i am moving completely away from ANY casino owned by the chickasaw tribe. I think it is great what they do socially but HEY one of the businesses they are in is the casino business and a smart gambler wants rewards (comps) for play and the level they offer here is very sub-standard. Too bad as i liked the vast selection of machines they have but i'll try them again in a couple of years as maybe management will wake up to appreciate the local mid-level players in norman like myself, i'm not dropping another dollar here with the current management attitude!

4 Thank marymark059
Osage City, Kansas
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Cigarette stench unbearable”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I wanted to enjoy the evening, but the smoke was overwhelming. The clientele was poor and sad. It was very depressing. Smoking should not be allowed.

1 Thank b4osage
Thanks for letting us know. We are always working on ways to make the customer experience better, and this will be taken into consideration.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Horrible Payout”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I've played the slots at this casino many times and have calculated the payout for me personally below 60%. This is based on over 7500 bucks played. The average I have gotten at other casinos in OK hovers between 75-80%. If you have any hopes of winning your best bet is to not play at Neverwin. Unlike Vegas where they are heavily regulated and checked I don't think anyone checks the payout % at the casinos here especially at this one. It's nice but I'll spend my money elsewhere soni can at least play a bit.

Visited January 2014
4 Thank John N

Been to Riverwind Casino? Share your experiences!