“Casino fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Riverwind Casino

Riverwind Casino
Ranked #4 of 31 things to do in Norman
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the hottest Vegas-style action at Riverwind Casino, including over 2,700 electronic games, off-track betting, and 45 gaming tables such as Poker, Blackjack, Ultimate Texas Holdem', 3 Card Poker, and Baccarat. Many world-class acts have taken the stage at the Showplace Theatre. The 1,500-seat theatre is the most luxurious venue in the area. Also in the theatre is a mezzanine area, with a full bar, lounge, and two corporate boxes. We offer a wide selection of restaurants, including Chips 'N Ales, the Willows Buffet and the Seasons Food Court, featuring Burger King®, Rick’s Café, Taco Bueno™ and Panda Express®. Located right in the middle of the casino floor is the Energy Bar, a full bar featuring gaming machines built into the bar.Don’t feel like walking far to park your car? Drop it off at our North or South Valet, and take just a few steps to be on the casino floor. And if you’re too tired to even drive home, stop at the Riverwind Hotel, attached to the casino’s south side by a walkway. The hotel, outfitted with the latest luxurious amenities, has 100 guest rooms, including nine spa suites, a junior suite and a governor suite and is sure to be your gateway to relaxation. For our guests who need to travel by airplane, we are conveniently located 23 miles from Will Rogers World Airport. Nearby is Oklahoma’s “most unique entertainment destination”, the Bricktown Entertainment District, as well as the Winter Creek Golf Course, Sooner Mall, and the University of Oklahoma.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Casino fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

The casino is very friendly. Like this casino better than some of the other casino in Oklahoma. Dislike when it gets busy and crowded during a concert

Visited January 2014
1 Thank lilcougar
Rachel C, Social Media Manager at Riverwind Casino, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hi! I just wanted to thank you for taking some time to review Riverwind. We appreciate all the feedback we get, and I'm so glad to hear that you've had a good time with us!

Thank you again!

“Slots”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Hard to believe the money they take in and can't even fix the machines to play right. Half of the play buttons on the slots don't work. To bad that it wasn't closer to the River so maybe it could get washed away. They use to pay out at the beginning but not any more now that they have you hooked but that was there plan all along. I can only blame myself for going there and hopefully everyone will stop going someday.

7 Thank maddoggolf
I just wanted to thank you for taking some time to share your thoughts on Riverwind and also let you know that I've forwarded your concerns on to the appropriate people.
Sealy, Texas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Riverwind Casino and Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

This was an unplanned stop on Hwy 35n. As you enter Norman, Ok. You can't miss the Riverwind Casino. Bright neon signs light up the sky.
At first... we expected a very expensive stay in the hotel. We stopped to check the room rates.
If you are playing in this Casino during your stay, prices are very reasonable.
The Casino is very nice. There is a little bit of card variations for your enjoyment, but mostly geared to great slots! The slots are plentiful and you can play from 1 cent to upper dollar values. Very clean with several food chains inside. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were prepared perfectly. No problems here at all. We even took a little cash home with us.
Highly recommended.

1 Thank sdeweese
I just wanted to thank you for taking some time to review your experience with Riverwind. We appreciate all the feedback we get, and I'm happy to hear that you had a good time with us! We look forward to seeing you again!
“PAYOUTS GETTING WORSE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

As a long time player at Riverwind and at Newcastle Casino I have watched the payouts go lower and lower over the last year to a point where I have no confidence in a chance to really win in either casino. The disadvantage to the players has become pathetic. Especially to the low denomination players (quarter VGT). It has become so bad that I had to quit playing in these two casinos. Those lower denomination machines have been useless for a year now. That can't be good for business but evidently it is good for their profit because it seems that both casinos have more employees than players these days. I now drive a greater distance but have better luck in other casinos and the difference is like night and day. I know that profit is the main driver for the Chickasaws but they should also recognize the customers that are feeding that profit to them and at least allow the players to have fun also instead of making them sorry that they played. I am an avid player and they have driven me away. Maybe they would rather not have avid players.

7 Thank Ted J
Hello,

I wanted to thank you for taking some time to share your concerns with us about your Riverwind experiences. I'm sorry to hear that you're not pleased with your visits, but I wanted to let you know that I have forwarded your concerns along to the appropriate management personnel.
9 attraction reviews
“Riverwind Casino-Norman, OK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Riverwind is a fun place to go. Winning is hit and miss, but then again--it is a casino! There is a food court and live music in the River Lounge every Friday and Saturday night.

1 Thank KLLSLL

Been to Riverwind Casino? Share your experiences!