“nicer than expected”
Review of Riverwind Casino

Riverwind Casino
Ranked #4 of 34 things to do in Norman
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the hottest Vegas-style action at Riverwind Casino, including over 2,700 electronic games, off-track betting, and 45 gaming tables such as Poker, Blackjack, Ultimate Texas Holdem', 3 Card Poker, and Baccarat. Many world-class acts have taken the stage at the Showplace Theatre. The 1,500-seat theatre is the most luxurious venue in the area. Also in the theatre is a mezzanine area, with a full bar, lounge, and two corporate boxes. We offer a wide selection of restaurants, including Chips 'N Ales, the Willows Buffet and the Seasons Food Court, featuring Burger King®, Rick’s Café, Taco Bueno™ and Panda Express®. Located right in the middle of the casino floor is the Energy Bar, a full bar featuring gaming machines built into the bar.Don’t feel like walking far to park your car? Drop it off at our North or South Valet, and take just a few steps to be on the casino floor. And if you’re too tired to even drive home, stop at the Riverwind Hotel, attached to the casino’s south side by a walkway. The hotel, outfitted with the latest luxurious amenities, has 100 guest rooms, including nine spa suites, a junior suite and a governor suite and is sure to be your gateway to relaxation. For our guests who need to travel by airplane, we are conveniently located 23 miles from Will Rogers World Airport. Nearby is Oklahoma’s “most unique entertainment destination”, the Bricktown Entertainment District, as well as the Winter Creek Golf Course, Sooner Mall, and the University of Oklahoma.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

much cleaner than Vegas casinos. A few weirdos hanging around watching your every move like they're gonna mug you. Beware using the kiosk to cash in your vouchers! Scary! Most of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

3  Thank Kristi S

Reviewed July 31, 2013

THEY WONDER WHY THEIR BUSINESS IS DOWN? - Tightest Slots I have ever played; save your money and travel to Kansas Star or Sams Town Shreveport where you can actually get play for your money. I use to play about $150.00 ever 2 weeks here and had for almost 5 years; the last 1 1/2 to 2 years they have tightened their slots so much you get ZERO PLAY for your money, so I quit going at all. I use to take $150.00 to $200.00, play 60 cents to 90 cents a spin and would play for a few hours, have a drink and maybe eat dinner too and really have a good time. The past 1 1/2 to 2 years you take $150.00 to $200.00 and play the same machines at the same rate and your completely out of money in less than an hour. It's just not worth it. I went out there to have fun and get some play for my money, won sometimes and sometimes I didn't...now all's you do is put it in the machines and get NO PLAY...so, I have stopped going at all. The Indian Casinos in the OKC area have a monopoly on the south end of town and there is NO CHECK and BALANCE from anyone or competition. Therefore, we keep our money and go to the other places where they comp our hotel room for 2 nights and I take my gambling budget out of town where I can actually have play for my money and real fun.

12  Thank CPetro1
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I use to go all the time, but their slots have gotten so tight I just don't go anymore...I just don't enjoy it. That's really too bad, nice place, but no gambling for me, I don't like throwing my money away. I met some out of town friends there and they felt the same way. They told me they have decided not to come back again and will drive to Kansas Star, which was only 20 to 30 minutes further.

8  Thank Karen L
Reviewed July 30, 2013

As casinos go this one has a good atmosphere, restaurants, and alcohol. Lots of slot machines, poker tables, and black jack. The buffet is good especially on Fridays, which is sea food night.

Marek C, Social Media Manager at Riverwind Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

I hope you join us again soon! Friday nights are always fun!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Always have a good time here! You can eat good food, drink a good drink, enjoy music, & win $$. What could be better?

1  Thank Lee S

Glad you love our entertainment! Hope to see you again soon!

Been to Riverwind Casino? Share your experiences!