“Riverwind showplace”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Riverwind Casino

Riverwind Casino
Ranked #4 of 31 things to do in Norman
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the hottest Vegas-style action at Riverwind Casino, including over 2,700 electronic games, off-track betting, and 45 gaming tables such as Poker, Blackjack, Ultimate Texas Holdem', 3 Card Poker, and Baccarat. Many world-class acts have taken the stage at the Showplace Theatre. The 1,500-seat theatre is the most luxurious venue in the area. Also in the theatre is a mezzanine area, with a full bar, lounge, and two corporate boxes. We offer a wide selection of restaurants, including Chips 'N Ales, the Willows Buffet and the Seasons Food Court, featuring Burger King®, Rick’s Café, Taco Bueno™ and Panda Express®. Located right in the middle of the casino floor is the Energy Bar, a full bar featuring gaming machines built into the bar.Don’t feel like walking far to park your car? Drop it off at our North or South Valet, and take just a few steps to be on the casino floor. And if you’re too tired to even drive home, stop at the Riverwind Hotel, attached to the casino’s south side by a walkway. The hotel, outfitted with the latest luxurious amenities, has 100 guest rooms, including nine spa suites, a junior suite and a governor suite and is sure to be your gateway to relaxation. For our guests who need to travel by airplane, we are conveniently located 23 miles from Will Rogers World Airport. Nearby is Oklahoma’s “most unique entertainment destination”, the Bricktown Entertainment District, as well as the Winter Creek Golf Course, Sooner Mall, and the University of Oklahoma.
owensboro, ky
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Riverwind showplace”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I will never understand why you pay big bucks to go to a show in the casino expecting great seats only to discover all the seats in each section are on the same level making it impossible to have a decent view of the concert. Next time I will remember to sit in the balcony where the seats are cheaper but are not all on the same level. Very disappointed.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank sammie088
Marek C, Social Media Manager at Riverwind Casino, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Sorry you weren't happy with your seats. There are three different levels on the floor to give everyone a better view of the stage. Also, it's a smaller venue (only 1,500 seats), so it's definitely an intimate venue!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Concert area is great (especially if you're lucky enough to sit in a suite)!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I liked having a bar and restroom that serviced the suite area only. Only suite tickets holders are allowed to the suite area. No smoking allowed (thank goodness)!

1 Thank LilLorriLee
Showplace Theatre is one of my favorite places in our casino! Thanks for sharing!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What has happened???”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I frequent this casino, probably 2 or so times a week. You used to get a little play for your money so you could hang out for a little bit and enjoy the music on fridays and Saturdays. Nowadays I'm lucky to be there for more than an hour. I play max bet on all machines from $2.50-$10 a spin. You don't get bonus as much or "red spins" on the 1 line machines. I came on here and started reading the reviews and I see this guy marek saying "I hope you enjoy it the next time you come!" Why don't you do something to make us want to come back? I am sick of playing $500 and not getting any sort of reward besides a $10 free play in the mail. Really?? $10? I would rather you not send me anything than a slap to the face for being a "high roller." I know I'm not going to win every time, but shesh people, take care of your regulars!!! If I don't see any improvement ill take my business else where.

7 Thank chrishall85
Thanks for your input. We have over 120 different offers that are personalized for our patrons. We certainly appreciate our regular patrons, and I hope you'll join us again soon.
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Easy to navigate and play”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

While this may not be the biggest and brightest, this is a great smaller casino option for the Sooner State and, while I might be biased because I've had some luck here, it seems the slots are a bit looser than elsewhere. Good luck!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank BigTexxan
Glad to hear you enjoy our casino! Hope to see you again soon!
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“diminishing returns”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

In the past year the slots have become extremely tight with most of the benefits for regulars taken away. No guys or girls nights, no double your money Saturdays which became a sham when they took away $20 free play for $20 bet on slots and made it $20 free play for 20 pts. which cost between $200-$300 to get. Do you think us regulars haven't noticed that the perks are all geared towards the new Riverwind card members. Most of the drawings have now gone from pts. acquired in the last two to four wks. to pts. acquired the day of the drawing. Not to mention the 50 cent ante on table games and no perks or rating for the people playing horses at Racers OTB. And the quality of the crab legs and oysters at the seafood buffet has really regressed from what it was. Lets get on the ball people. Also a question==Why must the seniors use their $20 free play on senior Weds. by 2p.m. when most of us still work jobs and can't get there before 2p.m. Somebody is dropping the ball on the treatment of regulars!

2 Thank colejr72
Thank you for your input. We've moved toward providing more individualized offers for patrons - we have over 120 different types at this point. Also, the ante is state-mandated. We certainly appreciate our regulars, and we'll work to make sure you enjoy your next visit!

Been to Riverwind Casino? Share your experiences!