“It's a casino.”
Review of Riverwind Casino

Riverwind Casino
Ranked #4 of 33 things to do in Norman
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the hottest Vegas-style action at Riverwind Casino, including over 2,700 electronic games, off-track betting, and 45 gaming tables such as Poker, Blackjack, Ultimate Texas Holdem', 3 Card Poker, and Baccarat. Many world-class acts have taken the stage at the Showplace Theatre. The 1,500-seat theatre is the most luxurious venue in the area. Also in the theatre is a mezzanine area, with a full bar, lounge, and two corporate boxes. We offer a wide selection of restaurants, including Chips 'N Ales, the Willows Buffet and the Seasons Food Court, featuring Burger King®, Rick’s Café, Taco Bueno™ and Panda Express®. Located right in the middle of the casino floor is the Energy Bar, a full bar featuring gaming machines built into the bar.Don’t feel like walking far to park your car? Drop it off at our North or South Valet, and take just a few steps to be on the casino floor. And if you’re too tired to even drive home, stop at the Riverwind Hotel, attached to the casino’s south side by a walkway. The hotel, outfitted with the latest luxurious amenities, has 100 guest rooms, including nine spa suites, a junior suite and a governor suite and is sure to be your gateway to relaxation. For our guests who need to travel by airplane, we are conveniently located 23 miles from Will Rogers World Airport. Nearby is Oklahoma’s “most unique entertainment destination”, the Bricktown Entertainment District, as well as the Winter Creek Golf Course, Sooner Mall, and the University of Oklahoma.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“It's a casino.”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

It's a place to gamble,,you win,you lose. I've been coming here since they opened the doors. The staff used to be very professional,now they act like you are bothering them when you have a question or a problem with a slot machine. I was there this past Thursday nite and cashed out of a machine and the ticket jammed,this has happened before to I'm sure everyone at one time or another no big deal,I saw a security guy and asked if he could alert the person responsible for getting these tickets out,he said he would and walked off. After about 20 minutes I saw a different security guy and asked him the same thing. I sat there for more than an hour til someone finally came and did their job. The guy opened the machine,gave me my ticket then walked off without atleast apologizing for making me wait so long. Staff sucks,,games r fun.

3 Thank cybercracker67
Marek C, Social Media Manager at Riverwind Casino, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I'm sorry our staff wasn't more responsive. Thank you for letting us know so we can work to correct this in the future.

Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Used to be great”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I am a local and used to love going to Riverwind. But in the past 3 months the slots have gotten rediculously tight. I am a verteran gambler and I know slots and the other games since I have been gambling for over 40 years. The slots used to have great pay outs but recently they have been reduced to pennies extremely tight.

Since I am a local I will return andsupport them but like to see the slats set back the way they were back last year in the Fall an Summer as I have heard a lot of players complaining.

I love the drawings but they never call my name. LOL.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank NASAPowerlifter
Marek C, Social Media Manager at Riverwind Casino, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your input! We certainly love when our regulars are happy, and I hope your name gets called soon!
kansas city
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Way Overrated”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was so excited about checking in to this hotel after reading the great reviews and was so disappointed after arriving there. We had a standard room and it was very small, the only plus was that it was clean. The suites might be more spacious. There is no refrigerator in the room, and they only have drinks in the vending machines on 2 floors. The cookies at the front desk were as hard as a rock. The staff was very unprofessional. For the price of this hotel I was expecting a lot better, and was terribly disappointed. The buffet was the worst Casino buffet i have ever been too, the selections are minimal and the food is more like cafeteria food.(don't waste your money) I have stayed at a similar hotel/casino in OK called Downstream Hotel/Casino and it was amazing. The Riverwind definitely does not compare.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank ronbon13
I'm sorry you didn't have a stellar experience. I hope it was just a fluke and you'll have a better time next time you visit!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Not exciting.”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Very underwhelmed with the slots and general feel of the casino floor. I left after about 30 minutes and will not return.

Visited February 2013
6 Thank arachulax
Marek C, Social Media Manager at Riverwind Casino, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I'm sorry you didn't have a great time. Try coming on the weekend - we have live music every Friday and Saturday! It could be just the atmosphere you're looking for!
Ottawa, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Lots of fun”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I really enjoy this place. It is smokey but so is every casino in Oklahoma so I can't really hold it against this place. If the smoke bothers you visit prior to 6pm and its not too bad. They have great promotions, large variety of slots, good poker tournaments, good food options, and very friendly staff. I really enjoyed chips n ales. They had icy cold beer and great food.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Meredith36
Marek C, Social Media Manager at Riverwind Casino, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thanks! I certainly appreciate the positive review. We tend to have quite a bit of fun around these parts, so I'm glad you do, too!

Been to Riverwind Casino? Share your experiences!