“ABSOLUTELY THE BEST!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Southaven, MS
“ABSOLUTELY THE BEST!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

This is my second review of Tarahumara. I had been earlier in the year and had a great experience. We went around 4 p.m. and there was no wait. Service was quick, but you don't feel rushed. I wanted to order something different this time and got the Mexican Dinner this time. 2 tamales, 1 enchilada, rice beans and on top of that a plate with a chicken taco and all the fixins'! Probably the best tamales we have ever had! The chicken in the taco was marinated to perfection. My husband had a chili burrito that was about a foot long and loved it! Portions are huge so be prepared! If you are in Norman do not miss this place!!!

• Visited August 2014

“Poor stale food”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

I first visited this restaurant after hearing one of my coworkers rave about the food. Upon my arrival I was greeted with a wait although it was 8pm. The food was poor at best. The chips were stale and the food came out entirely too fast and tasted as though it sat under a heat lamp for some time. I figure that the poor food and service was my own fault for arriving at such and awkward time; however, I returned twice more with different people and had the same experience each time. Ted's is far better.

3 Thank Chelsea G
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Crazy good food & service”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

My daughter goes to OU and has been telling us about this place. We ate there tonight and everything she told us was true. Honestly the best Mexican food I have ever had. Incredible and fast service. Highly recommend. Awesome.

Norman, Oklahoma
“Mexican at its best!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This family owned restaurant is fabulous. A Norman favorite. Don't let the long lines worry you. They move fast and ...what a great testament to the quality of the food and service.

• Visited July 2014
Norman, Oklahoma
“My favorite of all!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Tarahumaras is My. Favorite. Of. All. Mexican. Restaurants! The beers are served in an icy glass with generous salt & an entire lime mashed on the rim! We call them "Extreme Beers!" The flavor of the food is second to none--my hubby gets the fish & veggies and I either get cheese enchiladas or ceviche--to die for! The service is excellent!! A team of wait staff takes care of your table--they are quick, happy and the perfect amount of attentive. There is usually a short wait, but you are welcome to go inside & grab a beverage to keep you company while you wait on the patio. It's crazy how fast the staff clears the tables to make ready for the next party. Ok--now I'm seriously craving Tarahumaras--Mexican for lunch anyone??!!!

• Visited August 2014