“Sooner Legends”

Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Sooner Legends”
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Nice hotel, good food. Location is perfect for the University and town centre. I would recommend it to everyone.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
okc
Reviewed August 18, 2009

This hotel was AWFUL. They first lost my reservation, then when I did check in they had put us on a completely separate floor from where the rest of the wedding party was staying. (even though we explicitly told them we were with a wedding group) and then they charged my credit card 4 times!! This then overdrafted my account and I never so much as got an "i'm sorry" from them. There were no free cookies or popcorn or anything else advertised. The "free breakfast" was stale and rubbery and the juice was warm. Not worth my money or my time. Almost ruined the happiest weekend of my life (my wedding weekend)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed April 30, 2009

We stayed here a few weeks ago and were pleasantly surprised at the accommodations. The outside is an older building that has had some cosmetic things done to make it have more appeal. But the best part is inside. Everything was new and very nice. The beds were comfortable and everything was spotless. All of the staff were very friendly and professional. We ate breakfast there every morning and the food was superb. We will return to Norman in a few months and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank jmakinde
Omaha
Reviewed November 5, 2008

Got reservations a year in advance for a football weekend. The night before our stay we got a call from the owner, Valerie, telling us we got bumped from our room. Terrible customer service, no respect to guests. Book a room at Sooner Legends Inn & Suites at your own risk, because you may not get one, even a year in advance.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank OmahaHusker1
WhyNotaSooner
Reviewed November 3, 2008

I have never written a review of any kind so please bare w/ this. We called and attempted to book 3 rooms in June 2008 for the OU/NU game (11/1) I was told they were full but would call me if there was cancellations, so I left my name & #. We booked three Suites at the Marriot DT OKC so we at least could take in Bricktown. I actually got a call 37 days prior to the game weekend telling me they had a few cancellations and we now could stay there. We wanted "the whole Sooner experience" so we all decided to accept the offer and gave them our CC# etc. and then canceled the other rooms.

Less than 24 hours prior to arrival, I recv;d a call from an individual claiming to be the owner who told me she had to cancel our room reservations because ESPN needed them!
Yes, I was kicked out before I even arrived. We're talking about two families traveling from out of state! I told her to she should send ESPN to another hotel not loyal Sooner fans, she said she couldn't. I was shocked. She did not offer a comp night, dinner at the restaurant, or even a beer at the bar. She gave me another # to call for a room. I called the place and it was the new Best Western in Norman. The GM and staff were great as well as the rooms and they were also $45/room per night cheaper.

Buyer Beware is all I can say...while I would allow them to ruin my "whole Sooner experience", I will also never recommend them to anyone. In fact, it is my opinion and it is a shame the place bears the name of Sooner anything.

• Disliked — the owner's attitude toward the customers who wanted to give them money!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2008

We have stayed at this hotel several times during the football season. The staff is awesome. The atmosphere is everything a Sooner fan could want. The name is very appropriate because we have never failed to see a Sooner legend when staying there. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, feel free to pay the high prices and go to a luxury hotel. However, if you are looking for a very comfortable bed and great experience, this is the place to stay.

• Liked — Atmosphere and beds
  • Disliked — Can get very noisy at night when the Sooners win!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Sevaer
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 1, 2008

I was staying here as part of a conference at the University for a week. The quality of the rooms for the price I paid was incredible, and included a hot breakfast buffet that was a good way to start the day. There was a restaurant and bar connected to the the hotel which served some pretty good food at a good price and was nice on the couple of nights I was too tired to go out anywhere else. The room was spotless and the amenities were plenty, including free and fast high speed wireless internet, a real plus. A GREAT choice if you are in the Norman area.

Stayed March 2008