“Well-maintained older property”

Sooner Legends Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I can't speak to the value of the experience for the money, since someone else was paying for my room, but it was a nice experience overall. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. After reading some other TripAdvisor reviews I was prepared for some level of noise, but it wasn't that bad -- certainly no worse than the average I have become accustomed to at other similarly-priced hotels, and probably better. Although the building is an older one, the furnishings were new. The room and bathroom were clean and well-maintained. I had a suite, and there was a sink, bathroom, and LCD TV in each room -- a nice touch, even if I could tell that it was because the "living room" used to be a separate bedroom unit. A full buffet breakfast came with the room. The selection was adequate, although I just stuck with the pancakes, which were pretty good. The OU-sports-themed room trimmings were cool. I guess I would have to take price into account (which, again, I didn't need to do this time) if I needed to decide whether to stay here again. The suite was more room than I needed, but if I did need it, the price might be worth it to have a completely separate bedroom with a closed door to the living room (a rarity these days, even in hotels that offer so-called "suites").

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Sooner Legends Inn & Suites

Reviewed January 31, 2011

We were awakened at 1:30 am to the sound of a violent domestic disturbance in the hallway outside our room. I mean a man was beating some poor woman and calling her every foul name in the book. Called the desk - they were polite and promised to take care of it right away. The "fight" continued in the hall for another 25 minutes. Hotel response should have been faster. They probably should have called the police. Ruined my night of sleep.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Tom32283
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Nice hotel - rooms comfortable and clean, bed was good but sheets were "pilled" and felt very rough to sleep on. Lots of memorabilia throughout the hotel -fun to look at photos, old yearbooks from 1920s, 1930s, 1940s even tho I didn't know anything about them ! Restaraunt is great for dinner - no reason to leave the hotel for dinner - wide variety, of "home cooking", good prices. Breakfast was included in our price - plenty of food, wide selection. Plenty of yummy fresh cookies and popcorn at reception (tho, as my son pointed out, the cookies contained nuts but there was no sign warning about the nuts - he is not allergic) Outdoor pool is very small and not a lot of deck space. Workout room has three or so piece of eqt but is clean. Very near U of OK (we were on a college visit). Norman is a nice town.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2010

My husband and I decided to travel to Norman to cheer on our favorite college baseball team in playing OU. Originally, we were going to stay at a Motel 6 (cheap and convenient), but then I ran across the Sooner Legends website. I had read several of the reviews on here and had looked at their website, but that was all we had to go on. Since we are both avid sports fans, we figured we should try it out. When my husband and I first arrived at Sooner Legends, I had my doubts. Sooner Legends isn't a franchise that spends lots of money on looking good on the outside. However, the owners have perfected the inside and everything that entails the visitor's stay. From friendly customer service (the staff was helpful in telling us where to get Sooner memorabilia, great bar-b-que and bars for 30-somethings), to great rooms and beds, and yummy food...we were so impressed with Sooner Legends. We have already made reservations for 3 other weekends this year! They didn't even give us a hard time when we told them we were cheering for the visiting team. We truly found our home away from home. We were not expecting the experience from Sooner Legends, or Norman for that matter, but they both left an impression on us. Anytime we are in that area, Sooner Legends is our first and only choice for so many reasons.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2010

The front desk is dated and the check in process is slow. The room i was in had updated furniture and tv. Front desk lacked in every aspect. They did not know the hours of their on site restaurant or how far the SOONER stadium is from the Hotel. We were informed that the stadium was in walking distance but that was a stretch. Really nice room and i think it would be a great hotel during football season.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2010

Great location and really fine accommodations!

Easy access to OU campus, and all area shopping and restaurants (plus a great restaurant on site) as well as the Riverwind.

The rooms were also spacious and very well appointed. OU memorabilia was cherry on the top. Beds, pillows, and linens were fantastic. Top line materials and accoutrements in the bathrooms. Great staff as well. My hands down favorite when I travel to Norman to visit my daughter at OU. Fives stars!

If you are an OU fan staying in Norman, this is definitely your place. But even if your a just a traveller passing through and looking for a good night's sleep and great accommodations, look no further than Sooner Legends Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I booked a room and stayed new years eve . hot buffet breakfast was included in price. buffet mediocre but sufficient. room very clean upgraded toiletries super nice king mattress, no problems with staff whatsoever, very pleasurable place to stay if you are a sooner fan. would stay there again

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple