“Home away from home....”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Our first impression just arriving it was a home feeling. A place I could be easy for a month! :). Front desk was excellent! We just arrive to the hotel, no reservations and thanks God we got a nice one bedroom suite (we love when we have a living area and room separate with door,so if I want to rest I can!) clean, kitchenette area wit the small fridge and microwave, nice bathroom...perfect for us! Free Wi-Fi!! WOHOO!! And... Free breakfast!!

Room Tip: I always say: the higher the better and stay away from the elevators and vending machines
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank redbirdsong
normancis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

From the entire staff here at Country Inn & Suites in Norman, Ok, we would like to thank you for your kind words, and are really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It makes us proud to know that we were able to make you feel right at home. We look forward to being able to be your home away from home again during your next visit to Norman. Thanks again.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed here on a family outing around the first of the month and they were extremely busy. The front desk associate was busy but did his best to get us checked in. There were cookies and coffee at the front desk and both were good. The rooms were typical rooms with two Queen beds, flat screen smallish TV and had a refrigerator and a microwave. The rooms were clean and the beds slept well. Overall it was a good experience. Warning I 35 was tore up and made it tough to get in and out of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bigred1972
normancis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

On behalf of the entire staff here at Country Inn & Suite in Norman, we would like to thank you for your kind words. Nothing makes us more proud than to know that we have succeeded in making your stay with us an enjoyable and memoriable one. I will also agree with the fact that the construction on I-35 has certainly taken its toll on guests trying to get to the hotel, but it should be complete pretty soon...we hope!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here on a recent trip. The rooms were typical hotel rooms with two queen beds. The room had a small refrigerator that got really cold (after we figured out how to work it. (It gets colder by turning clockwise). It also had a microwave in the room. The hotel seemed very clean, our room could have used some paint. but other than that it was nice.
The pool was on the smaller size and the spa was pretty big and deep.
The complimentary breakfast was very nice. They had a nice variety. The first day they had French toast and sausage, pastries, yogurt with toppings, fruit, several cereals, bagels, waffles, toast and oatmeal and of course several juices and coffee. The second day they had breakfast tacos and potatoes in place of the French toast and sausage. There was plenty of selection for everyone.
The staff was always very friendly and responsive.
The hotel is in a good location and has a Jason's Deli and another restaurant right across the parking lot. It is very close to Sooner Mall and other shopping areas. I saw a Hallmark, Walmart, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Cracker Barrell, BJs, Target ,etc. all reasonably close.
It was about 5-7 minutes away from OU and the National Weather Center.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 2catsathome
normancis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

We here at the Country Inn & Suites want to thank you for staying with us and for your ever so kind words. We are glad that we were able to make your experience a successful one, and we certainly look forward to seeing you again in the future. Again, we want to thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites in Norman.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I checked in to this hotel went to my room and it was occupied by another desk. Went back to front desk and no one was availble to change rooms waited 45 mins apparently clerked walked off job. Checked into new room & room was dirty couldn't be moved no other rooms available. Hotel was dirty moldy shower curtain, bath & sink, furniture very old and had bugs, walls filthy. Staff was friendly but unable to add my Club Carlson # to stay. The only reason they stay full is because not much available in Norman, Ok

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank babs2039
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room and for the issues you encountered upon check in. We will certainly discuss these issues with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards. Thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We booked through a 3rd party and didn't now what to expect, but were treated well by the Country Inn staff and management during our six day stay. Facility is well equipped with Swimming pool, spa, elevator, good selection of hot and cold breakfast items, energetic and helpful staff. There are three fine restaurants withing walking distance. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

1  Thank Tom S
normancis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Hello, my name is Clay Murdock, the GM of the Country Inn & Suites in Norman, Ok. First off, on behalf of the entire staff, I want to thank for choosing us, and giving us the chance to win your hearts, since you have never stayed with us before. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was the best stay at any Motel or Hotel we have ever experienced. On May 20th I had called 3 locations in Norman Oklahoma looking for a room for a few nights. I had not told them that my house had just been hit by the Moore Oklahoma Tornado. Everyone just said no and did not extend any further help or information. When I Called Country Inn & Suites in Norman Oklahoma, a young lady came on line with a warm and friendly voice and asked how she could help. I told her that I needed a few nights. She said that she was not sure if she had any rooms for multiple days and asked if she could put me on hold. She came back on line and said that she could get me 3 nights. I told her great. Her name was Melody and this was the beginning of one of the most unbelievable journeys of hospitality I have ever experienced. Once we arrived and checked in, we told Melody that we were victims of the Moore Tornado and would like it if they could put us on a list if another room opens up after the 3 days. The General Manager Mr. Clay Murdock. He said that he would do everything he could to get us a room for an extended stay and he would get back with me in the morning after we rested. The next morning when we came down for breakfast, Mr. Clay Murdock approached me and said that he had arranged it were we could stay for as long as we needed. Later that day we went back down to the lobby and they has set up a table and it was decked out with all kind of supplies, water, sport drinks, cookies, snack bars, combs, razors, toothbrush and such. These items we not samples, someone went to the store and purchased these items. This was incredible. The room is very nice and clean with great WIFI. They also have what I call the standard breakfast bar in place but their breakfast is far from standard. Ham Omelets, Waffles, Bacon, biscuits, Fruit Medley, Cereal, Yogurt and more. We have never stayed here before but I assure you that next time we are traveling we will be looking for this chain first.

Room Tip: A little hard to find and get to, worth the effort. GPS is exact.
2  Thank Topperdan

Hello, Im Clay Murdock, the GM of the Country Inn & suites in Norman, Ok. On behalf of the entire staff, I want to thank you for your kind words. I know that it was an unfortunate circumstance that lead you to us, but we are glad that we could help. In the days that you were here, you became apart of our family, and we really enjoyed having you here. We all want to wish you luck and that our thoughts and prayers are with you as you get through this trying time. I there is anything else we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to ask, and we look forward to visiting with you again!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed four nights at this hotel, and while the room was comfortable and well appointed, the experience fell a bit short. From the small thing (like a missing sink stopper) to the more annoying (like being able to hear every footfall in the room above ours), we were not very satisfied. The price was right because of a 35% web discount special. However, I would have been very unhappy if I had paid full price for the lower-than-expected quality. The variety offered at the hot breakfast was excellent. However, the quality (at least of the dried-out scrambled eggs) was disappointing. And the WiFi, although free, was spotty at best and non-existent at worst. The staff was attentive and nice, and they appreciated us telling them about the scorpion in the bathroom we had to kill. We decided when we checked out that we'd try some place else next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: the second floor gets you away from scorpions... the top floor away from hearing anyone above you
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

I want to start off by saying how sorry I am that you had a disappointing stay with us here at Country Inn & Suites in Norman. Obviously the experience you had does not live up to our standards and does not exemplify how we take care of our guests. We have had a rather large turnover in employees here lately, and with that , there has been a lot of training with the new employees, and that at times can leave gaps in communication. I do want to assure you that we have addressed all these issues and are working diligently to correct them. I would love for you to come back and give us another chance to redeem our selves and so you that we can meet and exceed all your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon!