“Phenomenal customer service, beautiful property, & updated rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Atherton, California
“Phenomenal customer service, beautiful property, & updated rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Carlson is top notch. From the reservation process all the way through to check out has been a wonderful experience. I was using points for partial payment of the hotel stay. It was very easy on line to redeem, but I needed to call for one question and the agents were exceedingly helpful & friendly. At check in, the agent was welcoming & friendly, reconfirming check out dates & efficient with check in process. Complimentary cookies, coffee, & tea were available. There were several luggage racks to roll luggage into room. The lobby was beautiful & updated. An elevator was available & conveniently located. Along the way to the room were a variety of seating areas to socialize with family & friends if you don't want them in your room. The double queen room was light, bright & large enough to exercise in. It had updated decor, furniture, linens, bathroom. Additional seating areas were in the room, as well as a spacious desk. There was a closet w/a door. Spacious bathroom vanity with plenty of light & large mirror. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, & lotion were provided. There was a microwave & coffee maker with complimentary coffee, tea, sugar, & "to go" cups & lids. One of the most important conveniences was a refrigerator large enough to have vegetables, meat, dressing, & cans of coke. There was a freezer compartment large enough for the small ice tray & a few other small items to freeze. Nice tv with good selection of stations. There was an indoor swimming pool & gym available, as well as Ice & vending machines. All conveniences needed to make stay as close to being at home as possible. Besides these wonderful conveniences, the customer service was top notch. Whenever I came in to the lobby, I was greeted as if I were royalty. I felt very special & important. This property is conveniently located near restaurants, the highway, mall, grocery store, pharmacy, & university. I eagerly look forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: West facing rooms border along a wooded area with a creek & are light & bright
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tanika66
normancis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
We here at the Country Inn & Suites in Norman, Ok, want to take the time to first off, thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Norman, second, we want to thank you for the kind words you said about your stay. As we all know, not every review is as positive as this one was, so with that we thank you. I as the General manager, has only been here since January, in the short amount of time, we have taken a new approach to delivering a standard of customer service and having a heart for hospitality. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again on your next visit to Norman! Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Urbandale, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here 4/15 and I needed to use the internet for work until 1:15pm. They didn't blink when I asked them if it was possible to have a 1:15 checkout. The breakfast was very good and didn't have any problems with the room. I just made new reservations for next weekend when we are in town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello, my name is Clay Murdock, the General Manager of the Country Inn and Suites in Norman, Ok. First, I want to apologize for taking so long to respond to your review of your stay with us back in late April. Second, I want to thank you for your kind words. We as a team really take pride in taking care of the guest and having a heart for hospitality. Honestly, that's what we are here for, going above and beyond to make you stay with us as comfortable as possible, and to make you fell right at home. If we didn't do those things, then we would be out of a job, so with that said, we really appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and thank you again for your kind words. We hope the next time you come through town, you will again choose Country Inn and Suites Norman!
Wichita, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I showed up as usual a day late and dollar short fashion with a Travelocity reservation for the wrong date, my fault no doubt, but the attendant was helpful and was able to accept my reservation and cancel the one I had accidentally booked a week later date.

I found all the employees help was courtesy, competent, eager to please and very helpful in every way. I felt as if they really cared about my stay and wanted us there. This is a unique experience these days. So I felt I should give them the review they deserve.

This no doubt is a reflection of the management and corporate culture as I found this same level of service from the Restaurant attendant, housekeeping and every employee I came across on my two day visit to Norman, OK. Thank you.

Room Tip: As for a room near the end of the haul if you want a late check out as they housekeepers do not get...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello, My name is Clay Murdock, the General Manager of the Country Inn and suites in Norman, Oklahoma. I want to apologize that it took so long for me to respond to your review about your stay with us back in April. I want to thank you for the kind words that you spoke of about our team. We do try very hard to deliver the best customer service that you deserve, and doing it sincerely. Again we want to thank you for choosing Country Inn and Suites Norman, and hope to see you again in the future and we look forward to having you.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this location in the past as well as other Country Inns across the country, however, were disappointed in our recent stay. Bedside lamps were not functioning, the toilet seat was broken, no wash clothes in the room, empty tissue box, and the coffee pot was not clean. The television guide was not accurate. Breakfast was not up to usual Country Inn standards. There was no French toast available and the timer on the waffle maker timer was not functioning. The individual at the front desk also seemed to be responsible for the breakfast area as well which made it difficult to do both jobs.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
normancis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hello, my name is Clay Murdock, the General Manager of the Country Inn and Suites in Norman, Oklahoma. First off, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us at our hotel. I understand that it wasnt the best of experiences during your stay with us. The toilet seat being broken, which if i remember correctly, we did get that fixed, but there was still the lamp that didnt work, and breakfast wasnt as good as it should have been. I want to apologize for all those issues. Obvioulsy that isnt what we strive to do here and is by no means the standard that we have set for our selves. I have gone over these issues with all of our staff, including the dirty coffe pot. Your return business is very important to us, and we want your next visit to be you best visit. I would really like to talk to you more about this and see what I can do to make it right for, because ultimately, I want you to be happy with your stay before you even walk out the door. Please feel free at anytime to contact me personally when planning your next visit to Norman, and I will see to it that everything is up to the Country Inn and Suites standard, and your expectations as well. Please give me an opportunity to make this right for you, It would be my pleasure. Thank you for your feed back, and again for staying with us. Have a fantastic week.

Clay Murdock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

After a long drive, it is refreashing to find a hotel so accomodating to the weary traveler. Service was prompt, professional and courteous! Excellent continental breakfast. Allthe hotel is very clean and well organized.

• Stayed October 2012
Norman, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Recently, I spent several days in Norman, Oklahoma at the Country Inns and Suites on Ed Noble Parkway just off I-35 and Lindsey Street. I'd say that my experience was about average for a small hotel. I'd have to say that the nicest thing was the breakfasts. Each morning there was plenty and it was really quite good. The Asian lady that does the breakfast each morning was a delightful change from the usual hotel employee. Always a pretty smile and so busy being helpful. I'd go back just to experience being in such pleasant company in the morning.

Room Tip: It's hard to choose a good tip. It was a good experience and I'd stay there again. It's...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We first stayed at this hotel for a 4-day period 3 years ago, and were so impressed with the quality of the hotel, the cost value, our room and the free breakfast, we were delighted to have an opportunity to stay 2 more nights on a visit this month. It was like coming back to a close friend.....everything was just as excellent as during our last stay. The free breakfast was by far the best we had experienced in the 13 different hotels we had stayed in over our 2-week road trip through 22 States in the U.S.

Room Tip: We stayed in a King bed room on the first floor...it was perfect for us!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
normancis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review complimenting our hotel. Welcome back, and we are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay!

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Norman!