“Great Stay!”

Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Texas
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Arrived late, no problem with check-in. The room was cool, clean, quiet and super comfy bed!!! Great location near OU and stores.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank am88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Oskaloosa, Kansas
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Clean basic hotel. Not as good as other Country Inn & Suites we have been in, but still ok.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelinggrandma610
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I had a reservation for a two queen room, for nearly a month. When I arrived, the two queen room was not available and they tried to put me in a king room, which was not acceptable. No explanation other than the reservation had been changed internally. I had to find different accommodations, at a higher rate. I will not give them a second chance. There are plenty of other options nearby.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RickTx
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. Like you, I am certainly disappointed that we were not able to have your requested room type available when you arrived. Unfortunately a group in house stayed past their scheduled departure date and subsequently the room type you reserved was not available. This is a rare occasion but unfortunately it happened the day of your arrival and I understand your frustration. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team that this unfortunate situation occurred.

If you are planning another trip to or through Norman, please contact me directly so that I could have the opportunity to earn your business back.

Once again please do accept my apologies.
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We stay at this hotel on our way to Texas several times a year. It is always clean and comfortable, the breakfast is good and the staff are always friendly. We have never had a problem here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jilly618
dallas
Reviewed May 8, 2012

beautiful property and rooms. stayed for 3 nights and the bed was ever so comfy. great amenities and a caring attentive staff. will definitely return soon! highly recommend to anyone looking for a place well worth the rates, & seeing as I received an awesome discount from internet deal, would still pay the normal rates to stay here again! Thank you again!

Room Tip: Get the whirlpool suite!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jd h
Reviewed May 8, 2012

The staff is really friendly and our room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I am writing this review of the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Norman, OK, I fully recommend and endorse this hotel and you too will be glad you stayed with them.

I stay in many hotels for business and leisure every year, between 75-95 nights a year. We decided to stay at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson due to the great reviews, past history with the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson brand and ease of access to the freeways, dining options and entertainment. Here is what I found.

-The front office staff was most professional, welcoming and knowledgeable of the hotel and area
-The housekeeping staff appears to be fantastic, having stayed in so many hotels over the years I know what to look for and the rooms were clean and well maintained … I am a stickler for cleanliness and this hotel exceeded my expectations
-The breakfast staff was attentive and thorough in ensuring the area stayed cleaned and stocked during breakfast hours
-The grounds are inviting and well maintained
-Every employee we encountered was so polite and helpful

From my family to yours … thank you for two wonderful nights of hospitality!! We WILL be coming back when our travels take us through the area!!

Room Tip: We stayed two nights total, March 9 and March 15. On March 9 we booked a two room suite which was v...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
normancis, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to see that you found the overall condition of the hotel in excellent condition. The overall cleanliness and maintenance of our facilities is a top priority of ours to ensure our guests’ comfort.
Thank you for sharing your comments and for specifically pointing out a number of individuals on our team that helped to make a difference during your stay. We look forward to your next visit!