“Don't be afraid to substitute items”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #58 of 372 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed September 20, 2018

If you haven't been to a R.L. Lately, you are in for a pleasant surprise. It was a Friday evening so service was a bit slow but we were celebrating a 50th anniversary and 80th birthday so we were happy. Eventually, drinks were ordered and served and deciphering the lengthly menu commenced. From what we could tell, the 4 for $17 seemed like the best deal: appetizer, salad, entree, desert brownie. We all ordered salmon and because we didn't want the soy sauced version, were allowed to choose a different preparation from the front of the menu, which in turn gave us two rather than one side dish. We had lobster bisque and clam chowder for the appetizer—lots of lobster meat and clams in a thickened bisque, not great but OK. House salad was plentiful and greens were crisp and cold. Entree salmon was perfectly cooked—done and not dry. Took the brownie and Ice cream home for later. Server was polite but due to busy time of day, disappeared for periods of time.

If you can hold off eating until 7pm, you won't have a wait. Greatest part of the dining was the no questions asked substitutions for menu items.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

I needed to help crack open this gem from the deep, the waiter helped too. We eventually got lots of lobster meat on our plates. A special drink was in order to have a glass to remember the birthday dinner of live scary lobsters...

Reviewed April 9, 2018

Took family (6) there for a Sunday lunch and all had a different menu item. I had the Admirals Feast, about $20, and it and all others were perfect in every way. Service was excellent, and I highly recommend. For a chain seafood place, I was pleasantly surprised as this particular meal was right up there with a 5 star place. I have eaten at other locations of this chain in several cities and never got a bad meal, but this one is memorable. Forgot the name of the waitress but she was great and I would certainly give her credit if I could recall.

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

I came here for my birthday with my wife. We didn’t have to wait at all even though they were full they seated us and our waiter Mark came straight to us and got our drinks he was very nice. The food came out and it was excellent the ultimate feast is wonderful my wife had the chicken Alfredo and she liked at the beer was cold the drinks were tasty atmosphere was nice Mark was a wonderful waiter very professional would recommend to friends and family

Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

With the Christmas Season upon us, our luncheon group chose Red Lobster- Norman for a special luncheon. We were very pleased with everything from the group setting to the quality of seafood.
The server was very friendly and the both gave us privacy in conversation.
The manager came by and ask if we were all pleased.
Visit here soon!

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!