“Food in last year has improved”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #105 of 372 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed July 28, 2018

Senior special 2-4 pm food has really improved the last year. Just home style cooking good salad bar.

Reviewed June 15, 2018

I like to visit Golden Corrals when I travel. I decided to check this place out since it was not too far from my hotel. It definitely wasn't as nice as other I've been to. the place was untidy as I walked in the door and the employees were busier talking to customers than tidying up the place. The floors were dirty, bathroom dirty, food splattered all along the buffet line. Everything was average that I tried except for the fried chicken. It was really good. The management tem needs to be a little more active in keeping employees on task.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

The wife and I had not eaten here in a couple of years I was hungry on a Saturday night so we gave it another try. the price has gone up to around 14 dollars apiece. it was on the whole okay, about what you would expect for a golden corral service was pretty good though, I liked the salad bar the best

Reviewed December 19, 2017

Other locations haven't been that great. The Norman Golden Corral was a pleasant change. Service was excellent, food nicely presented and really good taste. Jennifer was new as a server but couldn't have been more pleasant and helped us with every request and checked our table regularly. We sampled: fried catfish-moist with crisp breading; hush puppies-crispy outside and nicely seasoned inside; bourbon chicken & rice-nice varation on sweet and sour; clam chowder-perfect consistency, no starchy taste, just plain good; tortilla chips-crisp, thin and warm; carrot cake-light cake, standard cream cheese frosting; skewered shrimp-tasty oriental & grilled; creamed spinach-good but salty; ribs-good flavor; rice-fluffy and not dry; baked fish-dry; fudge-OK; brownie-no flavor; choc cake-good; ice creams (not soft serve)- skip them, not rich tasting and seemed old; chicken fried steak-crisp with tender steak; stayed away from salads which we could get at home. All in all, varied selection for virtually any taste and the ones we sampled were good. Service outstanding.

Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

After arriving in Norman Oklahoma I had the task of finding a late-night supper close to my hotel.

I was happy to see a Golden Corral nearby and was pleasantly surprised by the selection and quality of food.

The servers were friendly.
Fresh steaks on the grill - on a buffet!?! Pinch me I'm dreaming.

Chicken fried steak - damn good!

I even ate some salad (in case my wife asked).

Kid friendly and clean. Servers / cleaning staff were fast and friendly.

If you love to eat... and want a lot of food at a reasonable price. I'll see you at Golden Coral next time I'm in Norman!

Been to Golden Corral? Share your experiences!