“Who knew - a place called Bison Witches would serve up some good grub?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bison Witches Bar & Deli

Bison Witches Bar & Deli
Ranked #56 of 329 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups, Pub, Healthy
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Bison Witches Bar & Deli is a locally owned restaurant located in the downtown arts district of Norman, OK and less than a mile away from the University of Oklahoma. Established in 1997, the restaurant has become a town favorite for lunch and night life! A neighborhood bar serving non-traditional bar food with friendly service and unbeatable daily drink specials!
Mattoon, Illinois
“Who knew - a place called Bison Witches would serve up some good grub?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I, on a vacation trip last spring, stayed one night in Norman. We arrived a little after noon, looking for a place to have lunch. Bison Witches was recommended to us by the desk clerk at our hotel.

This is a bar and grill type place. It is a fairly popular place as there were several people coming, eating or leaving during the 1:15 to about 2:30 time period we were there. As one might guess, popular equals good food. My wife ordered a side salad and chicken tortilla soup - each served in their own bread bowl. I had a sandwich called "The Sooner" which consisted of thin slices of roast beef and smoked turkey, covered with melted smoke gouda cheese, topped with shredded lettuce and honey based spicy Russian mustard. This and a couple of soft drinks cost us twenty-three dollars including tax and tip. Not bad - we would do this place again.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

OK
“A Bar with Terrible Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I really don't understand the popularity of this place. Norman has many bars, and there is nothing special about the alcohol offerings. There is a large sandwich menu, and I've tried several. None are to my liking. The Texas Toast on which most sandwiches are served, is greasy and has a weird taste. Even the BLT, which should be a basic sandwich, simply has no flavor or style. Service by college-aged kids (which seems to be the employment criteria) is indifferent to rude. I'm in the minority here, though, as this place remains popular among Normanites.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Steve P
“Great local restaurant bar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Love the atmosphere! Potato bacon bread bowl soup is the best in town. For a good time, the Irish trash can is the way to go! Awesome people!!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Get your money's worth”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

My girlfriend took me here for an afternoon lunch. A small quaint place with great food Had a delicious sandwich with soup in a bread bowl. Worth going back...

Visited October 2011
normanNative, Owner at Bison Witches Bar & Deli, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
We truly appreciate your review! Thank you! We hope you come back soon!
“Blew my mind right open!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Started off with a beef an cheddar and harvest grain soup. It was Sooo good I go to planets bread all the time. Not anymore! My new favorite place!!! I went back later that night for the bar scene. Cheapest drinks ever! I recommend the trashcan a pint glass of liquor with a whole redbull only 7 dollars. They're insane... A++++++++