“Always enjoy”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
San Diego, California
“Always enjoy”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have enjoyed three family dinners there.
The food is always consistent and served in a timely manner.
The wine list has some good surprises.

• Visited April 2012

“May be better now”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I will start out by saying I have heard the ownership has changed since I last ate here so it may have improved but when I went the service was terrible. When we arrived, we were told we would have to wait to bea seated because our waitress was not ready for her shift yet. There was only one other table occupied at the time. We were a party of six and we asked for waters to start. She brought us five waters and it took multiple requests to get a sixth. Our food was forever in coming and when it did come out half the dishes were cold. I sent mine back to be warmed up and it came back piping hot around the edges and still cold in the middle. After such terrible service, they added on an 18% gratuity to our check because there were six of us.
Again, I hope things are better now but I am hesitant to return.

1 Thank KnitKnack
, General Manager at Othello's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
To whom it may concern, I can assure you food and service will be excellent upon returning to Othellos. After taking the restaurant over we strived to improve food, service and the original feel of Othellos. Please try it again and if your not completely satisfied please email me concerns, my email is weissnancy1@gmail.com.

Nancy Weiss
General manager
Othellos Italian restaurants
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New owners, Twice the value”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

If you have't tried since the original owners try it again. I've been several times before and I must say that I have never had as great of service as I had tonight. The server told me they returned to the original recipes and it shows. Calamari as the appetizer, light, crispy and delicious. Chicken Scallopini as the entree with a side of spaghetti and marinara, best pasta I've had in town! Best of all was the Italian Cream Cake for dessert. Othello's is our new go-to for date night.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Jerry A
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Under New Ownership...time will tell”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Othello's is more about mystique then it is about the menu or the food. A favorite hangout in the past from the movers and shakers of Norman, it fell on hard times and was recently bought back by original owners. While it may not be the best Italian in town, it is reasonable in cost, great service, good selection, and a casual, laid-back atmosphere.

Norman, Oklahoma
“Loved everything about the new place!”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Ate there last night for son's 20th birthday. We had been to the old Othello's for the past 2 birthdays and were crushed when they closed. Decided to give new one a try and we loved it. The service was wonderful and the owner/cook even came to our table because she and I had talked on the phone about some of the poor reviews. She was very open and cordial about everything. Loved the bread and all three of us really enjoyed our dishes. I had Pat's special, my husband had Greg's Lasagne Suprema, and my son had his favorite Black Mussels and like this one better with the thicker sauce. We don't visit often because it is a bit pricey but for special occasions it is our favorite go to place. Thanks for the wonderful family dinner.

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank Jalena S

Been to Othello's Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!