“Good pizza”

Sandro's pizza and pasta
Ranked #69 of 347 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed February 14, 2013

When sandros first opened it was great, sandros was chief cook. Now that he's expanded and delegates the cooking, the last few times I've eaten there my food was burnt. Don't know if they are so busy that they forgot the food in the oven or their oven is faulty. Great house salad dressing.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I read a review about this local restaurant and decided to check it out. We were not disappointed by the quality of their food. My husband ordered a custom pizza and I had the chicken cacciatore. I was impressed by how good (best I have had in a long time) red (marinara) sauce they use on pizzas and pasta dishes. This sauce is really good and it is made at the restaurant following original italian recipes learned by the owner while growing up in Italy.
The pizza was excellent and the crust is neither too thick not too thin. My chicken dish was good also, although I did not really need the chicken. The marinara sauce is so good that just that with pasta is enough.
Another nice surprise were their garlic rolls also made fresh at the restaurants. They are really good and the garlic taste is very mild. These come with the entrees but you can buy them by the piece for $1.

The service was good and the food was prepared while we waited.
The atmosphere is very casual, this is not a fancy italian restaurant although the food they serve is of high quality. The prices are fairly reasonable for the type of food you are getting.
There are some unusual toppings you can select when creating a personalized pizza, these include garlic and eggplant. You can check their menu online.

I will definitely return to Sandro's.

Been to Sandro's pizza and pasta? Share your experiences!