“Average Italian”
Review of Johnny Carino's Italian - CLOSED

Johnny Carino's Italian
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stopped in here for a break and due to a member of crew giving this place great reviews. We were seated and had the typically Italian menu and features. Nothing really seemed to grab me about this place being something more or less special than other similar restaurants, such as olive garden or the like.

Date of visit: February 2014

Reviewed October 29, 2013

While it is over priced for the quality, it is your typical Italian restaurant. The staff is very friendly and gave good service. It is a good option, but there are better.

Date of visit: September 2013
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went to this restaurant with 10 women for Sorority beginning day. They gave us a private room which was very comfortable. No problem with separate orders, separate checks, some extra meals to go. Love their bread in a bag, always hot and crispy. Great olive oil and balsamic vinegar with herb dip, you make your own mix. My favorite meal when eating with a bunch is an appetizer and salad because we like to talk more than eat. The caesar salad is very good. Paired with a small order of Italian Nachos and it is just enough. This is the only place I have had these, crisp pasta pieces covered with veggies, cheese and chicken. Yummy. Everyone enjoyed our meals. I guess everyone is different, my friends have eaten at Othello's

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The regular sized order of Chicken Alfredo feeds 2 (or 3). The bread and olive oil dip are always good.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was actually shocked to see the reviews. We have been going to this restaurant for years. We've never had bad service or bad food. Staff is friendly. Some service may be slow due to training wait staff. Carino's has wine dinners every couple of months and they are a lot of fun and includes food that is not on the menu. It's a nice evening out and we have made new friends here. They also have a regular painting group on Wednesdays. It's Wine and Palate, I believe. It's always full with a waiting list. Give Carino's a fair chance. You won't be disappointed. I recommend the steak and the Salmon.

Date of visit: June 2013