“Great German food in downtown Norman!”

Das Boot Camp Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #9 of 328 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great German food in downtown Norman!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

What a great find in downtown Norman, OK! The food was wonderfully homemade, the portions are huge, and the pricing is spot on. My husband and I visited with another couple and all four of us walked away with rave reviews. Great beer selection too. This would be a fun place to catch a game since they have well-placed TV's around the restaurant. Great job, Das Boot Camp! We'll be back for more!

• Visited April 2013
sntlnd, General Manager at Das Boot Camp Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hi stellastars, Thanks for your recent review of Das Boot. I'm very pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed our homemade German specialties and the very affordable prices. Tell your friends about your Downtown "find" and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Dallas, Texas, United States
“Das Boot Camp ist Das Best!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

What a surprise to find a German restaurant in downtown Norman, OK while in town assisting with Moore, OK recovery. The food was delicious and all made in house. I had a bratwurst on a pretzel with sauerkraut and German potato salad. Also, the beer is brewed locally and the Munich Dunkles (dark) was oh so tasty. My server, Michael, assisted me in ordering both my beer and my meal. And the price is very reasonable. This restaurant opened in October 2012 and should be successful in Norman.

• Visited May 2013
sntlnd, General Manager at Das Boot Camp Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Hi Charlotte M. I'm so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your visit to Das Boot Camp. I would also like to thank you for your generosity in helping with the recovery in Moore. Unfortunately central Oklahoma has had a very tough Spring and it's special people like yourself that reminds us what a great country we live in. Thanks again for your review and please visit us again the next time you are in our area.
Moore, Oklahoma
“Das Boot Camp...Translate DAS GOOD!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This restaurant opened October 2012 and is already ranked a number one restaurant from voters polls. All day through 9 pm is family orientated after 9 the drink specials start and more of the college crowd comes in so there is something for everyone. All of the wait staff was friendly and accommodating and patient while trying to make our selections. It is owned by Royal Bavaria from moore: low on price and large in flavor!!

The interior is plain and cozy with pillows at the benches to sit if needed and a separate bar. We were never rushed.

We had beer all around, pretzel for appetizer, salads, 1/3 pound chicken sausage with german potatoes, and Jager Schnitzel (think chicken fried steak but with pork) spaetzle (noodles) with gravy. First of all everything was absolutely divine and properly prepared. I was a little worried about the chicken sausage but it was well seasoned juicy and tender. The jager schnitzel was moist and everyone raved about the gravy. We do not eat salt and unlike a previous reviewer ours was not salty at all. The portions are large which left no room for dessert.

My small group managed to tell them it was my birthday and they were so kind to bring out what I thought was a small birthday cake with a candle. To my surprise it was a chocolate cake shot which I spilled a little on my shirt. This is OMG good! My shirt smelled like birthday cake all night. I will definitely order one of these again.

The cheery manager came by to greet us and chatted....not obtrusive-friendly. Our bill with three meals, 1L of beer, and four or five beers was around $63. When we left most of the employees went out for their way to tell me happy birthday.

We will definitely be

• Visited April 2013
sntlnd, General Manager at Das Boot Camp Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thanks you for all of the kind words about our restaurant. We strive to always deliver exceptional food, drinks and service. I'm very pleased to hear that we did well in all areas. I hope you had a great birthday and will celebrate it with us next year as well. Thanks again, we will see you soon!
“This place is wonderful! I love it!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place is a relatively new restaurant opened by Royal Bavaria. Their menu is much smaller and the prices are about half as much! Fortunately, the quality is the same! The Jäger Schnitzel is the absolute best I have had. The beer is all brewed locally and is just as good as the food and I am not a big beer drinker. My favorite is the Kings Gold. It is very family friendly. Kids meals are around $3.99 and come with a drink. If you like German food or are wanting to try it, I definitely suggest stopping by! Currently, they also have a happy hour from 9pm to 12am every night where you can get 1liter boots of beer for $4. Not sure how long that will last, but make sure you stop on by!

• Visited April 2013
Thanks so much for your recent review of Das Boot. I'm glad to hear that you felt the Jäger Schnitzel was the best you've ever had! Thanks again and we hope to see you again very soon!!
Kentucky
“Solid German Essen”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

On a business trip last month six of us met at the Bot Camp, and it was nice to have good food, good friendship, and good service. Our server was very patient is we had people arriving at different times over Ina 30 minute stretch and were never pressured which we all appreciated.

The beer was authentic German! I had a weizen and it was in a traditional German pils glass and it was flavorful. The sausage sampler was very tasty and the entire table ordered schnitzels. The food arrived hot, was very tasty, and came in sizable portions. My Jager schnitzel was tender, the homemade noodles (Spatzle) was definitely homemade, with my only negative item being the gravy which could have been more favorable with more mushrooms (Mit champions).

Parking was very convenient along the street and the prices were extremely reasonable.

Next time you are time in Boomer Sooner land, and you need to unwind after a long day go to the Boot Camp, we will be too.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Artie44
sntlnd, General Manager at Das Boot Camp Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write your review of Das Boot Camp. I can see that you are an experienced Trip Advisor reviewer and thank you for you kind words about our food, beer and service! Please visit us again on your next trip to Norman! Boomer Sooner!!!