“Das Boot Camp...Translate DAS GOOD!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Das Boot Camp Restaurant & Bar

Das Boot Camp Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #10 of 329 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: German, Bar, Central European, European
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Moore, Oklahoma
“Das Boot Camp...Translate DAS GOOD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

This restaurant opened October 2012 and is already ranked a number one restaurant from voters polls. All day through 9 pm is family orientated after 9 the drink specials start and more of the college crowd comes in so there is something for everyone. All of the wait staff was friendly and accommodating and patient while trying to make our selections. It is owned by Royal Bavaria from moore: low on price and large in flavor!!

The interior is plain and cozy with pillows at the benches to sit if needed and a separate bar. We were never rushed.

We had beer all around, pretzel for appetizer, salads, 1/3 pound chicken sausage with german potatoes, and Jager Schnitzel (think chicken fried steak but with pork) spaetzle (noodles) with gravy. First of all everything was absolutely divine and properly prepared. I was a little worried about the chicken sausage but it was well seasoned juicy and tender. The jager schnitzel was moist and everyone raved about the gravy. We do not eat salt and unlike a previous reviewer ours was not salty at all. The portions are large which left no room for dessert.

My small group managed to tell them it was my birthday and they were so kind to bring out what I thought was a small birthday cake with a candle. To my surprise it was a chocolate cake shot which I spilled a little on my shirt. This is OMG good! My shirt smelled like birthday cake all night. I will definitely order one of these again.

The cheery manager came by to greet us and chatted....not obtrusive-friendly. Our bill with three meals, 1L of beer, and four or five beers was around $63. When we left most of the employees went out for their way to tell me happy birthday.

We will definitely be

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sntlnd, General Manager at Das Boot Camp Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thanks you for all of the kind words about our restaurant. We strive to always deliver exceptional food, drinks and service. I'm very pleased to hear that we did well in all areas. I hope you had a great birthday and will celebrate it with us next year as well. Thanks again, we will see you soon!

“This place is wonderful! I love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place is a relatively new restaurant opened by Royal Bavaria. Their menu is much smaller and the prices are about half as much! Fortunately, the quality is the same! The Jäger Schnitzel is the absolute best I have had. The beer is all brewed locally and is just as good as the food and I am not a big beer drinker. My favorite is the Kings Gold. It is very family friendly. Kids meals are around $3.99 and come with a drink. If you like German food or are wanting to try it, I definitely suggest stopping by! Currently, they also have a happy hour from 9pm to 12am every night where you can get 1liter boots of beer for $4. Not sure how long that will last, but make sure you stop on by!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for your recent review of Das Boot. I'm glad to hear that you felt the Jäger Schnitzel was the best you've ever had! Thanks again and we hope to see you again very soon!!
Kentucky
“Solid German Essen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

On a business trip last month six of us met at the Bot Camp, and it was nice to have good food, good friendship, and good service. Our server was very patient is we had people arriving at different times over Ina 30 minute stretch and were never pressured which we all appreciated.

The beer was authentic German! I had a weizen and it was in a traditional German pils glass and it was flavorful. The sausage sampler was very tasty and the entire table ordered schnitzels. The food arrived hot, was very tasty, and came in sizable portions. My Jager schnitzel was tender, the homemade noodles (Spatzle) was definitely homemade, with my only negative item being the gravy which could have been more favorable with more mushrooms (Mit champions).

Parking was very convenient along the street and the prices were extremely reasonable.

Next time you are time in Boomer Sooner land, and you need to unwind after a long day go to the Boot Camp, we will be too.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Artie44
sntlnd, General Manager at Das Boot Camp Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write your review of Das Boot Camp. I can see that you are an experienced Trip Advisor reviewer and thank you for you kind words about our food, beer and service! Please visit us again on your next trip to Norman! Boomer Sooner!!!
Shanghai Region, China
“Das Boot is Das Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

First thing you notice when you go in is how clean, very clean it is. All their dishes are made fresh daily...if they take this much care with their environment, how must they take care of their ingredients?

We had their cheese sausage...amazingly good!
My friend had their spicy sausage and Im glad I didn't...a real mouth burner for those who love that kind of thing. I think it would have been too much for me to really enjoy.
Then we both got the German "noodles" which are more like teeny-tiny rose rock shaped noodles, a very authentic type of experience.
Great waitress too! All in all, very enjoyable experience!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank GlobalPassion
Thanks for your review of Das Boot. I'm so glad to hear what an enjoyable experience you had. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Norman, Oklahoma
“Pretty good German Essen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Love eating at Das Boot Camp... great schnitzel, good sausages, and overall a great place to get a very filling lunch.

Visited February 2013
sntlnd, General Manager at Das Boot Camp Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for your review of Das Boot. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed everything so much. We look forward to seeing you again soon.