“Hidden Gem”

Coriander Cafe
Ranked #62 of 347 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed March 26, 2013

One of the best lunches in Norman, espicially if you're a healthy eater. Try the rice bowl or noodle salad with ginger beef, extra cucumbers and extra fish sauce. A wonderful healthy lunch that's not to filling and made with fresh ingredients. I eat there at least once a week and have always been very pleased with my meal and the service.

1  Thank nheeney

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is an excellent place to eat. Fresh ingredients, huge portions, we loved it! We had a party of 5, the soup and the Ban Mi sandwich with short ribs were great! The spring rolls are unusaul and very tasty. Our service was awesome, the owner came and visited with us for a few minutes.
Oh and the bread pudding is a must!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The food here is always very fresh and seems very authentic. There are great options for vegans, vegetarians, and meat-eaters alike. My husband and I go there a lot, and the food is always great - I've never had a bad or even average experience there. I could take a bath in that peanut sauce. The service is fast and friendly. I can't imagine how anyone could describe the food as "tasteless."

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Unique atmosphere with tasty food. Ingredients are always fresh and variety of food is always delicious. The Pho is perfect when craving soup and I love the Ban Mi sandwiches with pork or ginger beef.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have been regulars of Coriander since it opened and LOVE it! Since we're regulars, the owner always tries to come over and have a chat with us. The food is simple, almost deconstructed Vietnamese, and he uses only the best ingredients from local businesses when possible. I love how it's not drowning in sauces and it's no problem if you don't like it spicy. I usually get the rice bowl with sesame ginger beef (it is SO good!) but I also get the pho with pork sausage (it's like meat candy!).

I have NO idea what Lisasimpson81 was thinking, but then again, what do you expect from someone who gives On The Border (a nondescript, run-of-the-mill national chain) five stars?